Prediction Best 22 Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Roberton, Fisher, and Webster can all be damaging out of the back. I couldn't see Geary being the main man.

They are damaging but if you watch the replays of last year Geary was often the loose man that created the get out. Webster may move up the field a little this year. Just think there is an opportunity for someone that can create better forward movement.

Okay, given the desire for a best-22 in the season-in-4-weeks comp, that more accurately reflects our board's view, I've gone through and examined every Best-22 in here. The raw data reveals this:
Best22,2016-raw.png
Now, because a lot of people just put the same person just on either side of the wing, for example, I'm going to table it all up in a more accurate way from here. Above is just the raw numbers based on where each of you put each player.

Okay, given the desire for a best-22 in the season-in-4-weeks comp, that more accurately reflects our board's view, I've gone through and examined every Best-22 in here. The raw data reveals this:
View attachment 205104
Now, because a lot of people just put the same person just on either side of the wing, for example, I'm going to table it all up in a more accurate way from here. Above is just the raw numbers based on where each of you put each player.
I'm surprised Webster isn't going to get a gig

I'm surprised Webster isn't going to get a gig
Going by Persevering Saint's table Webster and Sinclair are in the 22, with Membrey and Hickey in the starting 18.

Which two of Membrey, Weller, Sinclair and Hickey starts in the forward line is the obvious question.

Last edited:
Consensus Best 18:

Best 18 2016.png

To work out the Interchange, I'll look at all the players not yet in the 18, weighting them for 2 points every time they've been named in the 18, and 1 point every time they've been named on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff I was just gonna say you should weigh the interchange the same or Fisher would end up on the interchange
Yeah, I think that's the biggest issue with that: Fish. But yeah.

The numbers say the majority agree with you

Gilbert is playing a swing/utility role and was the most named interchange player
Okay then who do you leave out? He was virtually never mentioned in the best 18. Others were ahead of him.

I tell you what. I think if I'd left Fisher in the flank and Roberton on the bench, nobody would be batting an eye at that team. Yes, Gilbert is stiff, but you'll find it hard to argue who gets left out for him.

Okay then who do you leave out? He was virtually never mentioned in the best 18. Others were ahead of him.

For starters Gilbert would be a (slightly) better player than Membrey in the role that Membrey normally plays as well as having more versatility in other roles.
I'm doubtful that we'd go in with a team that has all of : Riewoldt, Longer, Hickey, Bruce and Membrey.

Gilbert had 16 contested disposals against Geelong, coming of 13 the week before. He is WAY up the pecking order if we rate the players on ability rather than potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back