Bontempelli v Billings

Who would you rather at your Club?

• Marcus Bontempelli

• Jack Billings

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have thought playing in the forward line you'd have an opponent.

But they were too tired to pick him up. They only had a 7 day break and that plane ride from Sydney, all 50 mins of it, really knocked the young puppies around. For some of the little ones, it was their first time away from their mommies. The AFL really needs to look at their scheduling. Fancy expecting such a young, precious side to front up and play 4 qtrs. of football so soon after their last game.

Love both. Not that I think it was ever Pann's intention, but I think it's petty to compare 19 year olds after every performance (cough, Boyd-Hogan thread).

Take Nathan Schmuck's horrendous article on the AFL website comparing the pair. Just a waste of everyone's time.

Different players, both stars. And have both shown they will be awesome players for years to come.

Silly to poll against.

Saints and dogs both win.

Saints needed half forward smaller talent.
We lucked out and got Lonie and Billings and Sinclair HAPPY DAYS!!

Dogs needed a taller midfielder and got a gun in Bonti.

Everyone wins.

Not at all. Just wondering what the greater footy community thinks, that's all. I think they're both great players, but I just think it's harder at 5'11" to be a dominant player, which is why I'm happy with Marcus, but equally I'm sure the Saints are rapt they have Jack.
Thankfully, neither of them are 5'11'', with Billings being listed at just over 6 foot and Bont 6 foot 3 or 4.

obviously you are fishing for a landslide to botempeli as has shown more up to this poiint however voted billings as i don't like the dogs. good enough reason?

The saints won. You shouldn't need a poll result to make you feel better.

perhaps you boys didn't see the horrendous article on the AFL website? I suspect this thread is in response to that.

I'd take Bont, but if we had Billings instead i'd be fine with that too. I think Billings would do a lot for us as well. I really like what both have shown so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love both. Not that I think it was ever Pann's intention, but I think it's petty to compare 19 year olds after every performance (cough, Boyd-Hogan thread).

Take Nathan Schmuck's horrendous article on the AFL website comparing the pair. Just a waste of everyone's time.

Two good players that are good. But let's compare boys that have barely left school because we can and it is...fun??

Silly article and who knows what the future holds for the two players. That said, I am happy with Pay the Bill and I am sure Doggies fans are happy with The Bont

Two good players that are good. But let's compare boys that have barely left school because we can and it is...fun??

Silly article and who knows what the future holds for the two players. That said, I am happy with Pay the Bill and I am sure Doggies fans are happy with The Bont
Indeed.

It's not so much the comparison I take exception to as the need to declare one has a brighter future, or more upside, or a better haircut.

It's like comparing Boyd and other young key forwards, and factoring his wage in. It's got * all bearing on his performance, it's purely circumstantial. So much is.

Pretty interesting that the Saints posters here have been pretty classy with regard to this topic. Especially compared to those idiots coming in and accusing Pannalstaroz of having ulterior motives. For anyone who has seen his posts on BigFooty would know he is a genuine and respected poster.

Both will be guns and both clubs are really happy with who they've got. I can see Billings becoming a player like Robbie Gray, and the obvious Bontempelli comparison is Fyfe.

The timing of of this poll has made the results completely redundant however. A large portion of people will pick Billings to spite the thread creator and the bulldogs because they're sick of the hype Bonts has been getting. Maybe it's our own fault though.

Thankfully, neither of them are 5'11'', with Billings being listed at just over 6 foot and Bont 6 foot 3 or 4.
Given Gaz Jnr is just under 6 foot I'm not sure that height is that much of a factor for midfielders who can push forward if the talent exists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back