Traded Brad Hill [traded with future 3rd to St Kilda for Acres, #10, #58, future 2nd and 4th]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If Freo drag their feet? Ha ha, you seem to think that Hill staying at Freo is a bad thing, it would actually be our preferred option.
I'm pretty sure pick 6 will be coming our way though and there won't be any picks going back the other way.

don't think that at all. i'm sure freo would be happy to have him, but i do think getting an early first is a higher priority for them. for a list perspective it makes sense to let him go.

I've heard a rumor that if B hill really wants to go back to Melbourne for family reasons and Stk split pick 6 then Freo is already working on plan b to let B hill go, if the saints play around to much Freo have offered Melbourne fc a straight trade of Hill for Angus Brayshaw , this is being sold to Hill as an option if the Saints play hard ball, Hill and Brayshaw are both contracted and Melbourne can afford to up Brads pay offer now there out of the race for Elliot from collingwood.

don't think that at all. i'm sure freo would be happy to have him, but i do think getting an early first is a higher priority for them. for a list perspective it makes sense to let him go.
It makes sense to get maximum value for Hill. A 2 year contract is massive leverage and so is his lower wage since he has been front ended. All up to the Saints really, Freo fans won't be losing sleep.

Can't see why the Saints would trade pick 6 for a future 1st & pick 14 from WC. Seems like you would be getting ripped.

might be too late

there's talk Saints are in discussion with WCE for a pick swap. Pick 6 for two firsts

that would be pretty dumb by the saints. Possibly Giving up Hill - a player that wants in, for some picks to maybe have a crack at King - who may or may not want in to saints. A lot to gamble on there.

seems like classic trade bull - though nothing would surprise me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit odd that it comes out now when we did our own medical, and that it wasn't disclosed prior.

Bit scummy, actually.
It says your medical was what picked it up and then you offered 5 years. You don't need to be worried about it.

Brad Hill played beyond expectations for Fremantle and his manager sought some leverage to re-negotiate his contract on a better deal. Shopping around, he found one which benefits himself and Brad, and tells Fremantle that he'll eventually move back to Melbourne anyway, so best for us to get something for the player when his value is at the highest.

I take Brad Hill at his word when he's been previously asked about his partner wanting to go home. He's talked about it as a long-term life choice, something they'll eventually do - plan to have children and be around her family.

The offer from St Kilda is what makes him want to go now. If that deal is downgraded, and there isn't another club in Melbourne that is going to give the same $$$$, there won't be any urgency to go now.

It makes sense to get maximum value for Hill. A 2 year contract is massive leverage and so is his lower wage since he has been front ended. All up to the Saints really, Freo fans won't be losing sleep.

Can't see why the Saints would trade pick 6 for a future 1st & pick 14 from WC. Seems like you would be getting ripped.
We wouldn't trade our future to WCE.

Purely pick 6 for pick 14 and another pick in this draft

We wouldn't trade our future to WCE.

Purely pick 6 for pick 14 and another pick in this draft
You'll want a pick about 30 to equal the points for Pick 6

But nobody is trading pick 6 for 14 and 30.

You should get all of their picks before pick 30. Really squeeze their berries on it

Back