Buddy splits with his manager Liam Pickering

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching? No way. Commentating? Why not? There's plenty of room for monosyllabic and idiotic comments from dopey ex-footballers in the media. If the likes of Bill Brownless and Nathan Brown can do it, anyone can.

He's done his job in just half a season.
The amount of money he has brought into the Swans & the AFL Sydney market is phenominal & it has the AFL rubbing their hands with glee.

Half a season!

We only need him to play for 3 years in order for his recruitment to be a financial success.

This is really what has rubbed the likes of Eddie up the wrong way because the Swans, who were never given many prime time Friday night games are all of a sudden playing in massive Friday Night Football games.
When he retires, I personally couldn't give a rats what he does. As a Swan supporter, I just want a successfully run club that gives us every chance of striking for the ultimate every now & then. It may be this year. We may play the Hawks & lose.
That's OK!
I can handle that because I totally respect the Hawks as a good footy team & there is nothing bad in losing to a good team.

There is a lot of nonsense on here about stuff that doesn't matter to us supporters.

We watch our teams play. We go home to our families & get on with life. Unfortunately too many supporters have little else going on in their lives so they resort to their negative style of commenting due to their infatuations with certain teams &/or players, & this makes them feel good enough to survive the week ahead.

I love everything about my club but I will never lose sleep or make enemies over it.

Does Goldsack have Pickering for a manager?

I believe he hasn't signed yet!

I think he is the defender we have been chasing & not Frawley. Hence Eddie's anger with us.

Do you know anything on the matter?

I'd love to hear Liam Pickering come clean and tell everyone how much Buddy Franklin deal is really worth: his salary (inc COLA), 3rd party deals, ambassador payment schemes, and whether any lump sum was paid up front as a signing on bonus.

I suspect we'll never know the exact figure, but you can be guaranteed Liam Pickering pocketed a massive chunk of change for negotiating Buddy's deal of a lifetime.

I doubt he'll be losing any sleep over someone else taking over the day-to-day duties of managing Franklin's affairs.

The first part will never happen and Pickering gets 3%. He lost Clarko over the deal and that's nearly cost him as much as the Buddy deal has earned him.

They're standard!
Clauses that is.
A $10M 9 year contract would have clauses in it. Not the Santa variety either.
This is not a standard contract to get him, they would have made concessions. Whether it's in the behaviour area or other areas is open for conjecture. And I'm betting Sydney are willing to endure a lot of Buddy Shyte to keep him happy.

I'd love to hear Liam Pickering come clean and tell everyone how much Buddy Franklin deal is really worth: his salary (inc COLA), 3rd party deals, ambassador payment schemes, and whether any lump sum was paid up front as a signing on bonus.

I suspect we'll never know the exact figure, but you can be guaranteed Liam Pickering pocketed a massive chunk of change for negotiating Buddy's deal of a lifetime.

I doubt he'll be losing any sleep over someone else taking over the day-to-day duties of managing Franklin's affairs.

What do you earn per year

This is not a standard contract to get him, they would have made concessions. Whether it's in the behaviour area or other areas is open for conjecture. And I'm betting Sydney are willing to endure a lot of Buddy Shyte to keep him happy.

Probably forgive him if he drink drives and lies about it you reckon?

So they will suspend him for the remainder of the year including finals then??

Well you know the details of the contract and all of buddys goings on, im just a fan not an insider like yourself you tell me

That's what Collingwood did. I doubt Sydney have the guts to do that.

Hawks never had the guts to do it
It's a problem when you have a superstar and they know they have you over a barrel - be interesting should anything happen if Sydney will have bigger cahoonies than the hawks ever did - that bloods culture and all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back