bushrangers 2013/14 squad

Remove this Banner Ad

Reed will play, pretty excited. Been doing good things in premier cricket.
Is he different to your typical seam up from McKay/Boland/Hastings? We're in desperate need for something different. Does he bowl above 140 clicks/swing the ball? Hopefully it's Duck over Ahmed

Savage cuts - harsh on Handscomb and Muirhead, very harsh - agree with the rest. Good to see Jake Reed rewarded for his strong performances at District and 2nd XI level. He took 6-32 on the weekend and has 46 wkts @ 12.2 - that's the type of figures that should be rewarded by a shot at Shield cricket from outside the contracted squad.

Players from the embarrassing shield loss were directed back to District Cricket on the weekend (as requested by me;)) The results were;

Handscomb 212
White 70
Wade 73
Stoinis 61
Finch 100 off 70 balls (I would prefer to see him make 70 off 170 balls but nevertheless)
Keath 4-39

Quiney missed out yet he and David Hussey (made 4) got a gig over Handscomb, which frankly I find hard to understand. I call Handscomb "The Janitor" because he seems to get all the s**t jobs.

Fawad took 1-85 (Quinely lbw for 7) against St Kilda who amassed 7-387, not sure (despite Muirhead's average performance against NSW) how he jumped over him again.

Good to see the CV Board are on the job and not overly happy with the performance and/or recruiting.

That attack just looks pathetic. good luck getting 20 wickets. Muirhead had to be dropped. No probelms with that. He needs another year or 2 improving his bowling. Is ok in short form of the game but too many bad balls in long form game to build any pressure. I wouldnt play ahmed though, rather holland on his own.

Handscomb is a poor decision. good to see hill back.

Handscomb? Seriously, **** off CV. You'd think Reed will miss out. I'd guess:

Stoinis
Quiney
Hill
White
Wade
Maxwell
Hussey
Hastings
Boland
Holland
Ahmed
as well James Muirhead. from my knowledge the vic's cant make the final. why not play the kids, whats the point in bringing Ahmed in the side, over a 20yr old that 3weeks ago was one of the most talked about cricketers in the country

Didnt know where to post this but reported on Ch 7 News Hodge and Hussey have left the Melbourne Stars. Hodge to Adelaide and Huss to Perth.
did it say anything about Hussey still playing for the bushrangers?

Na was just a quick report, said Hodge has pretty much signed with Strikers and Hussey looks more and more likely to go to the Scorchers.

Wouldn't be surprised though
its interesting why hodge left, as he was also the batting coach of the stars as well. not all seems well down at CV

what does it have to do with CV? Stars for the 3rd year in a row cant make the final, of course players are going to start looking elsewhere. These franchises will be switching players all the time.
i release that,, but when you add the the performance of the bush rangers & some odd recruitment & selections over the summer, as well as the Stars all of a sudden loosing 2 of the higher profile players there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My understanding is that the Stars players all took unders in order to assemble a strong list that would almost guarantee them getting to the Champions League and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Unfortunately we know what happened and as a result some have moved on. I think David Hussey is contemplating returning to Perth at the end of this summer to live. Hodge is an interesting one.

D Hussey would be a handy pickup for the Scorchers.
Definitely. I don't mind it, gives a pay rise to Maxwell/Faulkner that they deserve

My understanding is that the Stars players all took unders in order to assemble a strong list that would almost guarantee them getting to the Champions League and the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Unfortunately we know what happened and as a result some have moved on. I think David Hussey is contemplating returning to Perth at the end of this summer to live. Hodge is an interesting one.
if hodge wanted a pay rise all he would have had to do would be to go over to etihad & play for the renegades.
but i wonder if Darren berry the striker coach and former Victorian player, had an influence in it. the Renegades don't seem like they are big in trying to pick local talent.

if hodge wanted a pay rise all he would have had to do would be to go over to etihad & play for the renegades.
but i wonder if Darren berry the striker coach and former Victorian player, had an influence in it. the Renegades don't seem like they are big in trying to pick local talent.

It's a bit like the Sixers and Thunder in Sydney - given the option of the MCG/SCG to play and train at or Etihad / ANZ Stadium which are you going to pick, the Stars / Sixers will always be the darlings and the Renegades / Thunder the poor relations.

In theory the west of the state is Renegades territory, I'm an MCC member that makes me a Stars supporter and from a straw poll at cricket training it's about 80/20 the Stars way.

Hodge started off at the Renegades in BBL#1 but came to the Stars for BBL #2 & #3. If he leaves it has no impact on the Bushrangers - he ceased playing Shield and One Day Cricket a few years ago.

They won't be getting a pay raise if The Tarts get KP,which is why it looks like Hodge & Hussey are leaving
If he goes to the Stars I'll stop supporting them. Can't support a side with that flog in it

If we are losing Hodge and Dussey for KP then its worth it definitely, although may mean they may be expecting to lose Wright or Malinga
Another reason I don't like it

It's a bit like the Sixers and Thunder in Sydney - given the option of the MCG/SCG to play and train at or Etihad / ANZ Stadium which are you going to pick, the Stars / Sixers will always be the darlings and the Renegades / Thunder the poor relations.

In theory the west of the state is Renegades territory, I'm an MCC member that makes me a Stars supporter and from a straw poll at cricket training it's about 80/20 the Stars way.

Hodge started off at the Renegades in BBL#1 but came to the Stars for BBL #2 & #3. If he leaves it has no impact on the Bushrangers - he ceased playing Shield and One Day Cricket a few years ago.
i reliase that he finished playing years ago, but
They won't be getting a pay raise if The Tarts get KP,which is why it looks like Hodge & Hussey are leaving
would KP be good, after the stars did seem like a more settled side this year under white, after a few years of putting up with warne's ego & antics. would KP add any value to the side? besides publicity

i reliase that he finished playing years ago, but

would KP be good, after the stars did seem like a more settled side this year under white, after a few years of putting up with warne's ego & antics. would KP add any value to the side? besides publicity

Shorten the game, you give the opportunity to a batsman to win a game off his own bat. That's what KP will do. That's with out the publicity surrounding him. Will be interesting to see who he eventually signs with. Stars were shite in year 1, stiff last year and good up until the semi this year, but if the squad has to or is breaking up, then replacing 3-4 with KP probably isn't the end of the world. Malinga would be doubtful to return I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back