Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is prepared to think about Heath Shaw for Adams as being trading for a first round pick because Adams was a first rounder, despite Shaw wanting out and Collingwood prepared to part with him for his troubled ways, then Carlton had 3 first rounders in 2009. Former #8 Henderson and #12 and even upgraded #12 for a former #5.

Stupid stuff by Niall. I hope somebody pointed this out to him at the time.

Big increase in listed veterans ahead of 2015 season

CARLTON
Andrew Carrazzo
Kade Simpson
Andrew Walker

Seems so weird seeing the 3 above on the veteran's list from next year.

THE AMOUNT of players with veteran status has blown out ahead of the 2015 season, with Fremantle benefiting most from the list provision.
There are 52 players listed as veterans for the 2015 season (up from 38 in 2014) with the Dockers boasting a League-high seven.
All players who have completed 10 seasons with their club are eligible to be placed on the veterans list, and there is no age requirement for qualification.

Clubs are then able to pay a fixed amount per veteran – $118,380 in 2014 – outside the salary cap.

If he is prepared to think about Heath Shaw for Adams as being trading for a first round pick because Adams was a first rounder, despite Shaw wanting out and Collingwood prepared to part with him for his troubled ways, then Carlton had 3 first rounders in 2009. Former #8 Henderson and #12 and even upgraded #12 for a former #5.

Stupid stuff by Niall. I hope somebody pointed this out to him at the time.

Last year alone we traded 3 former first rounders in (Docherty, Everitt, and Thomas)

readImage

that's you when you hear Troy Menzel's name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox rejects Mick's invitation to join Carlton

WEST Coast premiership ruckman Dean Cox has revealed Carlton coach Mick Malthouse tried to talk him out of retirement and get him to join the Blues in 2015.

Cox said the Blues coach had approached him about continuing his stellar 290-game career in Melbourne, but the 33-year-old ultimately decided his body would not allow it.

Cox rejects Mick's invitation to join Carlton

I think I may have floated this idea a few months back....I wonder if Mick has been reading my posts? :)

Made a lot of sense to me at the time and would have liked to see it eventuate but it wasn't to be.

Dean Cox's career was effectively over back in July the moment he lost consciousness against Tyrone Vickery's fist. :(

It was a hollow feeling seeing Mick Martyn reach 300 games with us - I imagine if Coxy had anything left to give the Eagles would have rookied him instead of Lucas.

Dean Cox's career was effectively over back in July the moment he lost consciousness against Tyrone Vickery's fist. :(

It was a hollow feeling seeing Mick Martyn reach 300 games with us - I imagine if Coxy had anything left to give the Eagles would have rookied him instead of Lucas.

Cardable Azul!

Al Smirnoff who did the videos was made redundant :(

Loretta the media manager still there as J said.

Ah okay. I took it to mean we would lose CFCTV content. Does that mean we still get the videos but lose some presentation style?

Ah okay. I took it to mean we would lose CFCTV content. Does that mean we still get the videos but lose some presentation style?
I think we only get videos that are filmed by people who aren't really professionals or ones made by afl.com.au for the moment. Hence why there are no videos of new draftee interviews and preseason stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back