Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
.... thats no moon.... its a K ROCK FOOTBALL CAT ATTACK PODCAST for 2022!!!

star wars that's no moon GIF

Its back bigger and better for 2022....
Just like the players, Kingy and Benny have been training the house down, they are peaking in March, and they are putting in the best 2k time trials of their careers.

Beginning this coming Wednesday, the recording begins.

Get your questions in now.

We are very lucky to have the only mainstream broadcast radio Podcast access of any team on Big Footy, so many thanks to K ROCK Football and the guys for giving us this access for another season.

Have at it and lets have a great year in 2022.

GO Catters

Welcome back gentlemen, you were missed.

You've probably already covered this by the time you get to questions, but coaching shake up. No line coach accountabilities? Are we relying on the experience of the team to determine the system and strategy?

Do you think the move to having a coaching group who are experienced mostly as development coaches signals an imminent change in the playing groups needs? Are we expecting to put a whole lot on young shoulders quickly?

Can we invent some form of fast forward machine so we turn Toby Conway into a 24 year old version of himself? I lack confidence in other ruck avenues

Welcome back to 22...

Hope that Benny has navigated his way thru Superbowl tragedy.
All i can say is better luck next time.

cough,....Russell Wilson.... cough....

Ok... now to the real stuff.

I know its a new season, new coaches and new tweaks to the approach.
Many of the same issues appeared in the match sim and practice match we had which im sure you have mentioned already.

So a little off track early one for me... What is the deal with the Chris Scott contract? Im not upset its still in the wind, but mid last year it was " close and only a few minor details to sort out"

Its 6 months on and still no word. Again, Im pretty happy that its still open at this point - I really want to see how we go in the first 8 weeks or so before making that decision - but its just seems a long hold on something that was basically done.

Is Hocking (somewhat smartly if true) holding off and waiting to see how this year plays out? Interested in your thoughts.

Oh.. and Shannon Neale should start playing in front of Sav IMO.

GO Catters

Last edited:

Welcome back boys... It will be glad to press play on the podcast and gives me something to listen to on the way home from work...
First of all RIP SK Warne, what a legend of a sportsman he was....

Benny, I know you been giving Esava pats on the backs years gone by and that's fine.. But I think its time for him to take the next step..
This is his 6th year now in the AFL system, I think its time for him to show what he can do..

If he can't I would rather GIFT games into Neale if Esava can't....

Cheers FoxDog50

Can you comment on the Chris Scott comment about not wanting to become a middling club... it seems to me ... the longer we stay in the finals , competing to participate in the finals....then the longer we are denied access to the premium kids in the draft ... the more likely Geelong falls into a middling average side.

Geelong, Chris Scott have no interest in being a ‘middling team’ and eye contention once again​

Geelong coach Chris Scott admits it would be a lot easier to coach a team happy with making the eight, but he’d rather risk it all in the pursuit of ultimate success. Here’s how he plans to do it in 2022.

Welcome back!

Do you think the coaches will be brave enough to play the youth this year? Selwood, Danger and the elders always limp into the finals and if Holmes, SDK, Stephens, Evans, Narkle and co aren’t getting meaningful amount of games and minutes it will be a real shame. Hope we are brave enough to do it and risk a few h and away games

Also were we all wrong on Zuthrie- looks that way and any news on ceglar?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great to have the podcast back. Benny worked up a fair head of steam about a coaching-related matter and then threatened public nudity. A much needed tonic in these difficult times.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Here it is - our first AFL Men's hitout of 2022

Thanks for your work.

While you did not specifically comment on Scott talking about a middling side... rel my post... I think you and Ben both talked on the subject. I agree a lot of Geelong supporters are at the stage of being willing to pay the price of playing some younger guys. Finishing in the 8 but never winning it seems a sure way to become an average side...as we will never be able to add enough quality thru the draft to seriously contend.

Id love to hear what you would have to say withe the selection of Higgins and Dahlhus ... Has anything changed? Seems to me that Cooper S did as much or more in the preseason games than either of these players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome back this week to K Rock's #1 Caller and Doyean of the Stats , the original Rainman Mr Tom King.
And well done to Jase and Benny on navigating thru the tech nightmare of the interview that wasn't last week. Technology is great until it isn't lol.

Sav.. Sav...Sav...
Like a good stripper the ultimate tease that delvers little to nothing but keeps you hoping for, wanting and coming back for more.

He started with a bang but then fell back to earth...

Not an easy task being a tall forward learning the game and craft as you go and being shuffled around between 3rd tall and ruck.

What do we think is better for his longer term development and how long can it go?
- A run in the 2's in a dedicated position as a KPF to help lift he consistency in performance over a 6-8 week period
or
!- A run as a defender where he is lead to the ball rather than leading to it to help get a better sense of reading the play and positioning.

I think he's a freakish athlete with incredible gifts and the flashes are brilliant but the delivery of them needs to become more frequent and consistent.

Happy to keep investing in him but something has to change.

And how good does Stengle in the hoops... might I say a little Ronnie Burnsesq magic coming back to the forward pockets at KP?

GO Catters

Hi all,

Hope you all enjoyed Round 1.

Recording set for Thursday arvo.

Questions, comments and criticisms here.

Kingy
2nd the comments on Sav from Daz and to follow up:

Do we see Sav being at all effective in the rain in Sydney? Even if we lose Cameron for the match are we better off rucking a Grigg type? We've experimented with Henry and Dangerfield there.

For the record I like Sav but I think his development is being hurt by having a pretty poorly defined role.

Oliver Dempsey: 4.3 in the practice match against the bombers. How many pallets of whey protein will it take to see him in the seniors?

Welcome back this week to K Rock's #1 Caller and Doyean of the Stats , the original Rainman Mr Tom King.
And well done to Jase and Benny on navigating thru the tech nightmare of the interview that wasn't last week. Technology is great until it isn't lol.

Sav.. Sav...Sav...
Like a good stripper the ultimate tease that delvers little to nothing but keeps you hoping for, wanting and coming back for more.

He started with a bang but then fell back to earth...

Not an easy task being a tall forward learning the game and craft as you go and being shuffled around between 3rd tall and ruck.

What do we think is better for his longer term development and how long can it go?
- A run in the 2's in a dedicated position as a KPF to help lift he consistency in performance over a 6-8 week period
or
!- A run as a defender where he is lead to the ball rather than leading to it to help get a better sense of reading the play and positioning.

I think he's a freakish athlete with incredible gifts and the flashes are brilliant but the delivery of them needs to become more frequent and consistent.

Happy to keep investing in him but something has to change.

And how good does Stengle in the hoops... might I say a little Ronnie Burnsesq magic coming back to the forward pockets at KP?

GO Catters
Kingy is going to have to book the studio for double the normal time just to get through reading all of this out mate :tearsofjoy:

Hi all,

Recording Thursday lunchtime.

Hit us up with your questions, comments and criticisms here.

Kingy

Gentlemen....
Wasn't that that loss a slap in your face " Will Smith Style 😊

Can you please describe the reason in why Chris Scott doesn't believe in bottoming out?

I am very concerned about our midfield... When all back fit from injuries, this list Dangerfield, Selwood, Duncan, Smith, Menegola, Guthrie,... what does that list have in common? There all over 30! Apart from Parfitt and Holmes, we need to start giving games into Cooper Stephens who apart from last year's kids in we drafted, Knevitt, Willis, Whyte are our only young Midfielders... to me that's very concerning for the future.

Lastly I feel bloody sad for Narkle... He should be still be in our 22. Must of been a kick in the guts for him, getting dropped in a small few games he was playing his best football. But he has to look forward and prove them he deserves a spot.
I do think he should playing ahead of Higgins, Dahlhaus even if that's rotation on and of the bench

Cheers FoxDog50

Last edited:
Hey boys.
What’s your opinion of a few whipping boys in our team and why you believe they continue to get games?
Ratugolea and Kolo

How many weeks do we need for these young kids to be conditioned to play AFL? I’ve read so much about Stephen’s being a possible debutant but then shut down because of the amount of footy he has missed over the past 3 years.
Surely a full pre season, a hand full of practice matches and a full VFL game could see him come in this week?

I’m not sure if I’m alone here or not but I personally don’t want to see Miers back in the side unless it’s a deeper role, Close has gone past him and plays the roll better.
O’Connor the same, I don’t want to see him be a backman. If he’s in he’s in to shut down a ball winner.

It was great to have VFL footy back last weekend, im all for developing kids but in the right team, no gifting games just because of age.
We can’t afford that yet, maybe in 15 rounds but definitely not yet.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Recording Thursday lunchtime.

Hit us up with your questions, comments and criticisms here.

Kingy
Hi guys,

Interested in your thoughts from the VFL match up on the weekend:

Who from our young mids do you think has a decent future? I liked Whyte a lot but may have mistaken Jacko McLaughlin for him in a few passages of play. To be fair on me they look similar when streaming on a phone.

Did anyone put their hand up?

Any update on Willis and Kroeger? I remember seeing Willis in training photos but haven't seen him for a while. Setback?

Hi guys,

Interested in your thoughts from the VFL match up on the weekend:

Who from our young mids do you think has a decent future? I liked Whyte a lot but may have mistaken Jacko McLaughlin for him in a few passages of play. To be fair on me they look similar when streaming on a phone.

Did anyone put their hand up?

Any update on Willis and Kroeger? I remember seeing Willis in training photos but haven't seen him for a while. Setback?
“James Willis is beginning to run again after his knee procedure.”
From the injury update on GFC website

Team..

stuck in Hotlanta again...

Outgunned last week and the thud back to earth was loud.

Having watched the VFL game, hard to see why Copper Stevens (aka Cooper Stephens) and Neale cant be on the short list for games.
Nick Stevens also flashing hard as a player coming thru the ranks.

The chances should be coming very very soon.

And how does Higgins get managed after a week?

Go Catters

Last edited:
Team..

stuck in Hotlanta again...

Outgunned last week and the thud back to earth was loud.

Having watched the VFL game, hard to see why Copper Stevens and Neale cant be on the short list for games.
Nick Stevens also flashing hard as a player coming thru the ranks.

The chances should be coming very very soon.

And how does Higgins get managed after a week?

Go Catters
Sounds like an incidental character from a 70's British sit-com.

Still, well done, Daz. In an environment where some of us here are fed up with the #12's surname being spelt incorrectly, you gave both of his given names a hammering instead. Deliberate or otherwise, it's a work of surreptitious genius.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back