Changing the Original Lions Guernsey/Clash Jumper Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What's interesting is that over the years, the lions on my guernseys get bigger and bigger. It seems there is a direct correlation between the size of the lion on my guernsey and the number of holes on my belt.o_O
I find the material doesn't stretch like it used to:(

Well I'm definitely getting one of these - biggish one tho.
Yep, ordered mine. Won't say what size, but my wife actually ordered with memberships and I'm sure she added an extra "X" to the size she bought me a few years ago (yes, she got me a paddlepop).

Or did you mean the clash? Haven't ordered one of those. Will wait to see if it grows on me.

Yep, ordered mine. Won't say what size, but my wife actually ordered with memberships and I'm sure she added an extra "X" to the size she bought me a few years ago (yes, she got me a paddlepop).

Or did you mean the clash? Haven't ordered one of those. Will wait to see if it grows on me.
Yeah, no I meant the clash - have enough of the others.

The outlined version looks best, imo. I think it may have even been better without the lion (it looks a little bit slapped on) but it's still better than any other clash jumper the Lions have had.

Unfortunately there are some pointless maroon lines down the side that some people may not have noticed.

You're pointless!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clash jumper is okay, wouldn't be too upset to see it in the Grand Final if we clashed with our opponents (e.g. Crows or Suns) and finished below them, but even with the "must be white" ruling, it still could've been better, think the Lion with the outline would've been much better.

Had a crack at some tweaks
lions2015clashaltmockup.png lions2015clashaltmockup2.png

Some people will never be happy.

This jumper is by far the best clash jumper we have had since the clash jumper inception. Previous versions I just couldn't stand the white and how they had it, with this version it is broken up, has the traditional lion and has Fitzroy's earliest heritage.

So I am on board with this one, I love it.

Definitely the best clash jumper we have had in a while, and besides arguing about why a club with 3 colours has to add another one to avoid clashes being beyond me, I like what they have tried to do.

Bringing in the old Fitzroy connection is great, I think the success of the Fitzroy historic gurnesey from a few years ago has really paved the way for this.

To be nit picky, when (I think) GingerGreatness posted pretty much this identical mock up a couple of weeks ago I though the yellow lion on the white background didn't quite pop enough and I still feel the same. Maybe a thin outline, or even a blue lion could have worked but not sure.

Overall though you have to be pretty happy. A move in (what I think) is the right direction, so hopefully in future years with a little refinement here and there is can be perfect.

I really like it. It is always tricky to make a quality clash jumper that the fans will like but the club has done a great job with this design. Compared to the 2014 clash jumper this looks like the best jumper in the league imo.

This jumper reminds me of the Hall off Fame jumper from 2012 - we had three options to choose from and I voted for the jumper that was the same as the one that won, but without the funnel. TBH I didn't like how the FFC monogram overlapped on the funnel, much like the Lion on this jumper. However I've grown to love that strip and I'll probably come around to love this one also.

I can understand how the gold on white can be seen as a little awkward, but I'm really quite happy with it. The Lion HAS to be a part of the jumper, and especially with the whole #PrideInTheJumper it was going to be prominent too.

Vast improvement over our previous clash. Will look good when we crush the Suns in rd 5 ;)

This jumper reminds me of the Hall off Fame jumper from 2012 - we had three options to choose from and I voted for the jumper that was the same as the one that won, but without the funnel. TBH I didn't like how the FFC monogram overlapped on the funnel, much like the Lion on this jumper. However I've grown to love that strip and I'll probably come around to love this one also.

The overlap looked fine on the FFC hall of fame jumper because it was light on dark

The lion here is light on light

It looks pretty good to me (prefer no outline).

But seriously, never mind the jumper. How about getting those pasty looking lads out for some sunshine, maybe followed up with a big fat steak?:p

I know which one I'd prefer...
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-for-inspiration/story-fni5f4q4-1227117398213

I like it.

398079-a558b7d4-67b4-11e4-b8fc-0b9f02c7ac0d.jpg

579015-lions-clash-jumper.gif.jpg

I still remember being at the Chalk after a game in 2010, waiting at the bar in my 2009 guernsey. A bloke comes up next to me in his freshly purchased 2010 clash guernsey, and proceeds to question whether I'm a real fan since I hadn't updated to the new lion. Turns out he was a new fan and this poor bastard had been duped into buying one of the ugliest guernseys in our teams history. I felt so sorry for him I had to buy him a beer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back