Social Science Children of the 90s

Remove this Banner Ad

2727725-3874383149-42632.jpg

Brucey on the mike

How do you know?

I think I was told this years after.

(Anyway, you seriously brought up an old school memory. 199. Fking awesome)
Yeah the 199 was the best. If it cost my siblings and I would have heard about it. We didn't have much cash growing up and we used that flat out. Mum was pretty on top of bills and expenses so if it cost we would have known about it.

Yeah the 199 was the best. If it cost my siblings and I would have heard about it. We didn't have much cash growing up and we used that flat out. Mum was pretty on top of bills and expenses so if it cost we would have known about it.
Was thinking how much poorer everyone seemed back then.

Do you think it's a generational thing perhaps? If you are roughly the same age as me, you're the start of Gen Y. We couldn't give a flying f about a few cents. Or were people genuinely poorer?

Was thinking how much poorer everyone seemed back then.

Do you think it's a generational thing perhaps? If you are roughly the same age as me, you're the start of Gen Y. We couldn't give a flying f about a few cents. Or were people genuinely poorer?
I was born in 83 so I'm kind of boarderline x and y I think.

I can't speak for everybody but my situation was mum basically raised 4 kids on her own while working at a Pizza Hut, so we weren't rolling in it.

She put herself through night school and got an important job and built her way up. By the time I left home she had her own house. She now owns 2 houses and an apartment in docklands. She's a bloody legend.

I think your view of the world reflects what it was like for you, so for me it's much more comfortable because of the hard work mum put in. If you're in a similar boat you might feel the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a car backfire today. Must have been the first time in 5 or 10 years I've heard that sound. With the advancement in car technology, I realised that kids born after about the late 90's have probably never heard a car backfire.

Heard a car backfire today. Must have been the first time in 5 or 10 years I've heard that sound. With the advancement in car technology, I realised that kids born after about the late 90's have probably never heard a car backfire.

I can't remember how that sounds.

Worst thing about no mobiles was ringing a bird's number and her parents answering

Also the fat older sister/annoying little brother listening on the extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back