Roast Coaching discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The news about Cross taking up a role with our club says we are heading in the right direction. Maybe not fast enough for some of you , but thats life. Congrats to the club for getting this done ,was obvious he is a well liked person around the place (and supporters) and i am sure he will be a part of our future success .

Crossy should still be playing but the fact he's staying on in a coaching capacity is awesome. I wonder how he gets on with Brendan McCartney? Bmac probably played a role in sacking the bloke twice...

Simon Goodwin.

Since he has come to my club from Essendon we have lost to Essendon twice. Once against a patchwork team made up of non-afl spuds and tweens in the preseason, and again in the regular season after they were mentally shot. Even Mark Neeld and Dean Bailey could produce wins against essendon, with teams that were less talented than the one we sent out this year.

Now he is obviously leading the charge in the recruitment of Jake 'I am just hopelessly below average' Milkf**k. A mind bogglingly bad decision even if we were to use our last pick in the draft.

Iv been skeptical of this bloke ever since he stuttered and stammered his way through his first press conference. In hindsight, it might have been Adelaide sacking Sando that triggered us to hurriedly sign him up. That and us looking like perennial bridesmades after stewie dew knocked us back.

So I'm absolutely clear, I think Simon Goodwin will be a terrible coach and I'm fearful of what happens to our list, which is probably the most promising it's been in ten years, while he's at the helm.

Simon Goodwin.

Since he has come to my club from Essendon we have lost to Essendon twice. Once against a patchwork team made up of non-afl spuds and tweens in the preseason, and again in the regular season after they were mentally shot. Even Mark Neeld and Dean Bailey could produce wins against essendon, with teams that were less talented than the one we sent out this year.

Now he is obviously leading the charge in the recruitment of Jake 'I am just hopelessly below average' Milkf**k. A mind bogglingly bad decision even if we were to use our last pick in the draft.

Iv been skeptical of this bloke ever since he stuttered and stammered his way through his first press conference. In hindsight, it might have been Adelaide sacking Sando that triggered us to hurriedly sign him up. That and us looking like perennial bridesmades after stewie dew knocked us back.

So I'm absolutely clear, I think Simon Goodwin will be a terrible coach and I'm fearful of what happens to our list, which is probably the most promising it's been in ten years, while he's at the helm.

Let's also add that this is based on absolutely nothing.

Simon Goodwin.

I don't much like my first impressions either, but I trust Paul Roos and will back him in if he believes that this is the right appointment.

Simon Goodwin.

This is based on nothing

Paul Roos an Peter Jackson hired this bloke on more than a vibe from big footy

Goodwin to coach us in the NAB cup, If we win playing and attacking style this board will explode

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-12-07/goodwin-to-coach-dees-in-nab-challenge

SIMON Goodwin will coach Melbourne in the 2016 NAB Challenge. The senior assistant coach is set to take over from coach Paul Roos at the end of the 2016 season and will continue building towards his new role by taking the reins in the pre-season competition. General manager of football operations Josh Mahoney said it was an important stage for Goodwin. “Coaching the NAB Challenge gives Simon another opportunity to continue his development in preparation to being our senior coach in 2017 said:
melbournefc.com.au[/I].

Simon Goodwin.

Have you ever met the bloke ... apart from watching his "first press conference"?

I have and found him to be a very knowledgeable, well spoken, tactical modern thinker and highly respected by his peers ( Richo was a big rap for him and he is a Tigers man )

What about giving the bloke a crack for 60-80 games before you get stuck into him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Viney will kick across goal in the final moments of each game and send the board into meltdown

I chucked 40 on essendon to beat us in that game which I turned into 800 eventually
Vineys a hero

I've probably been goody's harshest critic on this board, but i have to give him some credit tonight after his AGM speech, which you can view on the club website: His last crack at our new recruits right at the end of his speech made me lol. More of that champagne goody and you'll be alright by me.

I don't understand the Melksham knocking tbh. Even if you consider p25 a significant reach (which I don't) he seems to be on the early podium for whipping boy status. I'm expecting him to be quite serviceable under Goodwin. Once he puts an opposition player on his arse attitudes will change IMO.

I don't understand the Melksham knocking tbh. Even if you consider p25 a significant reach (which I don't) he seems to be on the early podium for whipping boy status. I'm expecting him to be quite serviceable under Goodwin. Once he puts an opposition player on his arse attitudes will change IMO.

Old habits die hard for some people - the penny has not dropped yet for some people about the NEW optimistic MFC

I've probably been goody's harshest critic on this board, but i have to give him some credit tonight after his AGM speech, which you can view on the club website: His last crack at our new recruits right at the end of his speech made me lol. More of that champagne goody and you'll be alright by me.

Must admit, I've been a little unsure on him personality wise, but he was brilliant at last night's AGM. Made a great speech, and did some one on one interviews with some of the new recruits (Melksham, Oliver, Weideman and Bugg) which were all hilarious. He seems to have a great relationship with the players. Bugg seems like a ripping bloke too.

BTW, Oliver looked extremely fit. Didn't notice any puppy fat at all on him. I'd recommend everyone attend an AGM at some stage. I enjoyed it. Basically the theme of the night was 'we are on the right track, on and off the field, but we still need to be patient'. Certainly no massive calls were made in regards to on field expectations, although Goodwin and Jackson basically said we have a list now that can be developed for sustained success. They went through the rebranding process too and how and why it was done. The Olympic room is in a cracking spot overlooking the MCG surface, and the place was pretty full too. Enjoyed a couple of beers afterwards out on the balcony. Really glad I was there to see Jones get his lifetime membership award.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back