2nds Collingwood vs Box Hill @ Vic Park Starts 10:30

Remove this Banner Ad

the VFL side were smashed so was it was hard for Didak to get touches as a forward when it was in the backline most of the game

This is a big problem with the VFL side at the moment. I think they should play Didak this weekend in the seniors.....at least he will get to play.

I haven't heard or seen anything,does anyone know?
The stats say he had 24 touches (or at least the Herald Sun said that) but it was more that when he got the ball he used it so well, something we are lacking so much at senior level at the moment, especially in regards to our delivery inside the forward 50.

If he pulled up ok after Saturday's game he must play against GWS, no VFL this week means it's either a trip to Sydney or a hard training run with the VFL boys on the weekend.

The stats say he had 24 touches (or at least the Herald Sun said that) but it was more that when he got the ball he used it so well, something we are lacking so much at senior level at the moment, especially in regards to our delivery inside the forward 50.

If he pulled up ok after Saturday's game he must play against GWS, no VFL this week means it's either a trip to Sydney or a hard training run with the VFL boys on the weekend.

Thanks mate. I am glad to hear he played well. Hopefully he plays the remainder of the season

We have to get Didak back in to play the Giants provinding he pulled up OK. He will improve our forward 50 entries no end. How did Wood play? Might be a good time to give Jolly a rest.

Matty, i know you did the double and had a look at the game. I really think the 22 that went around against the Hawks needs to be bolstered by 3 or, preferably 4 better performed players.
We know we have Wellingham and Sinclair for sure. Dids is the next in line, what do you really expect we can get out of him this year? Can he produce against the better teams where the time and space is very tight?

From what you saw of Marty and Buckley, will we go back there? Could Marty be used in the tagging role against a player with limited pace, ie Mitchell, Thompson, Bolton etc

Appreciate the thoughts from other who watched the VFL too

Pies VFL team is a joke you can not have these kids try and do it all each week they need some mature bodies around them

Pies should go and get 6 very good VFL players next season and have them teach and look after the young kids

Matty, i know you did the double and had a look at the game. I really think the 22 that went around against the Hawks needs to be bolstered by 3 or, preferably 4 better performed players.
We know we have Wellingham and Sinclair for sure. Dids is the next in line, what do you really expect we can get out of him this year? Can he produce against the better teams where the time and space is very tight?

From what you saw of Marty and Buckley, will we go back there? Could Marty be used in the tagging role against a player with limited pace, ie Mitchell, Thompson, Bolton etc

Appreciate the thoughts from other who watched the VFL too
Didak can be our pure "outside" player I believe, the one we miss badly to provide an accurate delivery link between the midfield and the forward line. On the weekend we all saw how we bombed it in too much, even when our mids weren't under extreme pressure, well Didak and Pendles are the two players we can use to deliver the ball better going forward.

Marty and Buckley are depth, I'd almost play kids instead of them, but unfortunately the kids are getting showed up against the better sides. I'd rate Buckley ahead of Clarke, even with his stupid turnovers, only because Marty's lack of pace has become a real issue, even at VFL level that was clear.

I think we fluked one on Anzac Day when Marty got Stanton, I can't see it happening again, unless we are playing Essendon of course.

Mattys although I agree that didak can improve our side in that role, I'm not entirely sure it is our midfielder fault they bomb it in, if blame it on the lack of movement in the forward line by Cloke, Dawes and tarrant...

Maybe stanton just had a bad game... clarke really needs to improve his pace over this preseason, even if it costs him endurance. Just spend the whole time slimming down and building up leg muscles and practising sprinting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back