Traded Confirmed trade - Karnezis (Brisbane) / Paine (Collingwood)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions win this one IMO. Paine is as good/better than Lynch and has a bright future. Will be best 22 at the Lions this season and provide good support for Brown

• Banned
Upside in it for both clubs imv.

Great trade for Brisbane as Paine can play not so sure that Karnezis will be on a list in 12 months.

Paine would have had trouble finding a chance especially with the addition of White. Like him as a player and think it's a good get for the Lions.

Don't know much about Karnezis apart from he was suppose to be a SC smokey this year.

Lions win this one IMO. Paine is as good/better than Lynch and has a bright future. Will be best 22 at the Lions this season and provide good support for Brown

Karnezis is also has Good Upside. Very Verstile and can play many Postions.

I say it's a Draw and we see in the Future what Happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty happy with this trade, Paine would of been considered for delisting so essentially we get karnezis for free. Really don't see how Paine makes himself an AFL career

He is undersized for his position, he can only play 1 position on the ground (deep marking forward), his goal kicking is cloke-like, his forward 50 pressure is terrible.

He is kind of like a 1980's key forward, low 190 cm, doesn't chase or tackle, has no versatility and just wants the ball bombed on his head and I don't think you can be that guy in modern footy.

Karnezis also has a decent chance of not making it in the AFL so imo it's a slight/medium win for Collingwood

Karnezis is also has Good Upside. Very Verstile and can play many Postions.

I say it's a Draw and we see in the Future what Happens

I don't particularly rate Karnezis, Paine is better

BXYkLFICIAAvL30.jpg

He actually fills that out pretty good.

Pretty happy with this trade, Paine would of been considered for delisting so essentially we get karnezis for free. Really don't see how Paine makes himself an AFL career

He is undersized for his position, he can only play 1 position on the ground (deep marking forward), his goal kicking is cloke-like, his forward 50 pressure is terrible.

He is kind of like a 1980's key forward, low 190 cm, doesn't chase or tackle, has no versatility and just wants the ball bombed on his head and I don't think you can be that guy in modern footy.

Karnezis also has a decent chance of not making it in the AFL so imo it's a slight/medium win for Collingwood

You just described Crameri, not Paine.

194/97 isn't undersized for a KPP.

You just described Crameri, not Paine.

194/97 isn't undersized for a KPP.

I don't know how much you have seen of paine, but he is CLEARLY undersized.

There are many varying reports about how tall paine actually is, some sources say 191 some say 193, regardless of how tall he is on paper he plays like an undersized KPF and has short arms. When next to Cloke he is noticeable a fair bit shorter and cloke is 196 for memory.

In modern footy you need to be versatile to have a career unless you are a superstar at ur chosen position which is why I think Paine was very strongly considered to be delisted by Collingwood.

Make no mistake, we could of gotten Karnezis for free if we wanted to so I think paine being throw in is more a gesture of goodwill and the fact he may of been axed anyway rather than good negotiating by brisbane.

Anyway brisbane fans have been through hell this off season so hopefully this brings them some joy, despite all the negatives Paine has positives and his 1on1 marking is excellent and he has a great attitude

I have heard on the grapevine that Karnezis wanted to come back to Melbourne so he could live in the same state as Australia's best rapper, the one and only Master G.

This is a nothing trade really. An excellent chance that nothing will come of either player. I think Paine has some ability so not so dismissive of him as others on this thread but at the end of the day Bucks didn't rate him and he would really have struggled to get a game at the pies. So that being the case its a great outcome for Paine. Karnezis. Meh. He looked promising early on in his career but then did stuff all for the last 18 months. Maybe there is something to work with, I will be pleasantly surprised if he makes it. Probably a slight win to Brisbane at this stage but really its not a trade of much consequence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back