List Mgmt. Crows Defence

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, if the cost is two firsts next year, I’m still telling the Dees to get ****ed

I can see it maybe being a first and an F2, particularly if young Jefferson comes on for them and our first is likely to be behind a Welsh bid

I think it would depend on whether we make finals or not.

Our first rounder after making finals won't be amazing, but handing over a top 10 pick for him in a midfield-heavy draft? Not sure about that

He's only had limited games as a forward... but is a genuine swing man.

He's a quality player, so if he wants to come home, we will grab him.

We just shouldn't be paying crazy overs & may need to wait till the end of his contract if Dees go all SOS on us.
If Petty comes I want to primarily play him back.

Thilthorpe, Fogarty and Welsh should be the priority.
Tex may yet even play into 2025.
And I suspect Hayward is coming. So spots up forward will be locked in beside Rankine.

I think it would depend on whether we make finals or not.

Our first rounder after making finals won't be amazing, but handing over a top 10 pick for him in a midfield-heavy draft? Not sure about that
Fair, but if Welsh is ranked say, top 5, it’s gonna be tough to get ahead of that bid, even if we hold pick 8 or 9. Look at what the Dogs gave up for 5 this year

Fair, but if Welsh is ranked say, top 5, it’s gonna be tough to get ahead of that bid, even if we hold pick 8 or 9. Look at what the Dogs gave up for 5 this year

If we had a decent pick I think the better play would be trading into the following year, then grabbing Petty as a free agent

If we had a decent pick I think the better play would be trading into the following year, then grabbing Petty as a free agent
Yeah ultimately there’s a lot of factors still to play out re: which route we take

Obviously I’d prefer we grab Petty as a FA anyway, but there’s always the risk of the player changing their mind, once they’re OOC. See Daniher/Sydney and Dunkley/Essendon

Yes. Trade. Haggis has said drafting is done. Now it's trades and free agency. And I agree.
We should have the salary cap too, evident by Oliver rumour.
If we can grab one, definitely. They said we’d be bringing in players this year too.

Ideally free agents so can retain draft capital. Just chuck out some monster contract to McGluggage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?

Max pretty much shut down nearly every dangerous forward he played on this year. Think he had only 1 poor game.
Did he play on the small forwards though? I recall him being pretty good against big guys too.

Max was brilliant for a first year defender. But I recall him playing more on bigger guys.

I kind of think he is too good to play that "Luke Brown" role long term.

As you said/ eluded to on another post. Do you need that kind of defender anyway.

Maybe not.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did he play on the small forwards though? I recall him being pretty good against big guys too.

Max was brilliant for a first year defender. But I recall him playing more on bigger guys.

I kind of think he is too good to play that "Luke Brown" role long term.

As you said/ eluded to on another post. Do you need that kind of defender anyway.

Maybe not.

Yup. He was our match up against every teams primary small forward. Heck, we famously debuted him against Toby Greene of all people and this was the description for his emerging talent award:

A trademark of Michalanney’s debut season was his ability to play on the best small forwards in the competition, showing maturity and composure beyond his years.

With needing that kind of 'Luke Brown' defender, I think it's more a case of opportunity cost then necessity. In that, back pocket isn't worth it as a position to look at upgrading if you've got a guy who can do a reasonable job against the top tier small forwards. If you get a guy who can do that to a reasonable degree and hurt the other way? take it and run.

Yup. He was our match up against every teams primary small forward. Heck, we famously debuted him against Toby Greene of all people and this was the description for his emerging talent award:

A trademark of Michalanney’s debut season was his ability to play on the best small forwards in the competition, showing maturity and composure beyond his years.

With needing that kind of 'Luke Brown' defender, I think it's more a case of opportunity cost than necessity. In that, back pocket isn't worth it as a position to look at upgrading if you've got a guy who can do a reasonable job against the top tier small forwards. If you get a guy who can do that to a reasonable degree and hurt the other way? take it and run.
He clearly played on the small forwards, if it wasn’t him who did? Not sure what Geoff is on about here

I mean, if the cost is two firsts next year, I’m still telling the Dees to get ****ed

I can see it maybe being a first and an F2, particularly if young Jefferson comes on for them and our first is likely to be behind a Welsh bid
It's basically the same us when we traded Dangerfield. You only offer slightly better than the compensation they'd receive if they were to wait another year and lose him as a Free Agent. Do you want to get pick 16 for him as compensation for losing him as a FA, or do you want to get pick 12-14 + some sweeteners now while you can control the outcome?

If we are even half smart he will be in the 20's at the highest by the time the draft comes around.
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

With needing that kind of 'Luke Brown' defender, I think it's more a case of opportunity cost then necessity. In that, back pocket isn't worth it as a position to look at upgrading if you've got a guy who can do a reasonable job against the top tier small forwards. If you get a guy who can do that to a reasonable degree and hurt the other way? take it and run.
No, we didn't debut him on Toby Greene, which was a big mistake as Greene was BOG.

I was wanting him to play on Greene for this very reason, even though his debut.

From week 2, he usually picked up the opposition's most dangerous small forward,

My memory failing me?

I guess we do have our dependable small defender.

Unless he is too good and moves elsewhere. Something I think could happen.

I agree rarely beaten just thought he played more on bigger guys.

I was never being negative towards his quality. He slotted into our best 22 like he already had 100 games up.

Just his role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back