List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the articles on Bundy during the week mentioned that GC would have trouble accommodating his $400k pay packet while Brisbane have the room. I would assume that is the size of the contract we had on the table for him next year; so potentially freed up $850k so far next year.
Not to mention the 500k we had waiting for Frawley if he decided to join us. ;)

Agreed.
Do you think we'll keep Duncan? I have my doubts.

I've seen a few people express how they are worried about losing Mitch.
I could be ignorant maybe but I don't see him going anywhere. He seems happy, is in the leadership group, is settled and has a house with his girlfriend who is a local girl.

Is it just the fear that the way free agency has changed the landscape that is making everyone wary more than before? I don't know but something just makes me think he won't go anywhere

So now that I have said that watch him walk :(

I've seen a few people express how they are worried about losing Mitch.
I could be ignorant maybe but I don't see him going anywhere. He seems happy, is in the leadership group, is settled and has a house with his girlfriend who is a local girl.

Is it just the fear that the way free agency has changed the landscape that is making everyone wary more than before? I don't know but something just makes me think he won't go anywhere

So now that I have said that watch him walk :(

A week ago if someone asked you about Bundy leaving, would you have believed it? What about Beams or Griffen?

Scary times for clubs and their supporters.

Yeah I have never really been concerned that Duncan could leave. Well, until reading these boards over the last week or so. He just seems happy and settled to me, so unless he cheats on his girlfriend and loses all his money at the TAB, I feel pretty confident that he will stay at Geelong. Personally, I see him as our next captain.

Agreed.
Do you think we'll keep Duncan? I have my doubts.

Yes we will keep duncan, i am not worried. Kersten is the one i am worried about losing (although not this year).duncan will play 250 games for us.

Someone here posted a snippet of a radio interview Duncan did where he said something along the lines of returning to WA was something you think about, misses it etc. Natural thing to think, so not a disaster, but saying that instead of "I want to be a one club player" type thing maybe puts a nagging doubt in the back of some heads?
I hope I've got that right because I didn't hear the interview.

With Melb trying to get Pick 12, I wondered if they were determinedly trying to offer Adelaide 2,3, and 12 to test their resolve.

With Melb trying to get Pick 12, I wondered if they were determinedly trying to offer Adelaide 2,3, and 12 to test their resolve.

As he is contracted, doesn't he have to want to go? Pretty sure, he wouldn't want to play for a heavily losing team that hasn't made the finals since he was in primary school and doesn't look like getting there anytime soon.

He will wait till next year.

If we/the club is concerned that Duncan may decide to "go home" to Perth one day, how about the club pays to relocate this family to Geelong and thus removes one factor which may see him want to return to Perth :D

Seems this year's trade week/free agency period has messed with all of us, you included Vdubs.

I have heard from someone who should know that he's quite happy here.
Probably.
But I was worried about some homesick references during 2014, he is a WA boy/man, and we paid a lot to keep Harry, maybe the lure of home to Freo/WCE could entice him once FA, specially if we are really rebuilding. Not all players from interstate are like Mackie who has totally committed to Geelong indef.

Last edited:
If we/the club is concerned that Duncan may decide to "go home" to Perth one day, how about the club pays to relocate this family to Geelong and thus removes one factor which may see him want to return to Perth :D
That is a massive request. Do we know what "family" involves?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably.
But I was worried about some homesick references during 2014, he is a WA boy/man, and we paid a lot to keep Harry, maybe the lure of home to Freo/WCE could entice him once FA, specially if we are really rebuilding. Not all players from interstate are like Mackie who has totally committed to Geelong indef.

Not just Mackie. Corey, Taylor and Duncan haven't felt the urge to go back to Perth (or Kersten come to think of it). Mackie, Varcoe, Horlin-Smith, Murdoch and Menzel haven't fled to Adelaide at the first opportunity. If anything players going back to their home state is becoming (at least at Geelong) a rarity, not the norm.

People's imaginations are truly running away with themselves now with Free Agency. To save time:

1. Every player offered under Free Agency at every other club is automatically best 22 at Geelong.
2. Every player at Geelong who grew up more than 100km from the ground wants desperately to return to their home town, or home state.
3. Every reserves midfielder at every other club should be part of our starting midfield next season. It can't have anything to do with having more patience with the young players already developing.
4. Every young player at Geelong under 25 can be immediately traded out.
5. Patrick Dangerfield cannot survive another moment unless he kneels down and kisses the Kardinia Park turf that he apparently misses so much.

Not just Mackie. Corey, Taylor and Duncan haven't felt the urge to go back to Perth (or Kersten come to think of it). Mackie, Varcoe, Horlin-Smith, Murdoch and Menzel haven't fled to Adelaide at the first opportunity. If anything players going back to their home state is becoming (at least at Geelong) a rarity, not the norm.

People's imaginations are truly running away with themselves now with Free Agency. To save time:

1. Every player offered under Free Agency at every other club is automatically best 22 at Geelong.
2. Every player at Geelong who grew up more than 100km from the ground wants desperately to return to their home town, or home state.
3. Every reserves midfielder at every other club should be part of our starting midfield next season. It can't have anything to do with having more patience with the young players already developing.
4. Every young player at Geelong under 25 can be immediately traded out.
5. Patrick Dangerfield cannot survive another moment unless he kneels down and kisses the Kardinia Park turf that he apparently misses so much.
Or Enright.
Hawkins is from NSW too isn't he?

Yes,I was just joking regarding a comparison to Ablett.
Difference is Hawk actually has the go home factor...
his other half looks far too happy with the social situation in Geelong/Melbourne to let him move back to Finley though :D

If
Might
Danger is a rare player

He also is an Adelaide player. He is also about to become the best player in the competition, and has been for about 3 seasons now. The if and might equally apply to whether he'll come to Geelong as well; but it's not going to stop people insisting we sell off our entire midfield under 25 to get him.

Did anybody else hear anthony hudson comment about the dangerfield to melbourne rumors. He said a year early and the wrong club. He sounded like he knew more. Is good mates with wells.

Did anybody else hear anthony hudson comment about the dangerfield to melbourne rumors. He said a year early and the wrong club. He sounded like he knew more. Is good mates with wells.

Sorry, but my instinct there is to think bullshit, and Hudson is pumping his own tyres up.

He knows something? Great. State it then. Tell us he KNOWS that Dangerfield will sign with Geelong at the end of 2015. Until then his opinion has no more validity than ours. And until Dangerfield is smiling for photographers in a Geelong jumper at Kardinia Park, it means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back