Game Day Darcy Moore (Thread closed - pls move over to 'welcome ...' thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 games for 9 disposals, very modest hopefully enough doubt for others not to commit. Concerned that Melbourne might name him given they'll possibly have the Frawley compo pick also (2 and 3)

Well I remember Buddy not having a Big U-18 Champs.

Moore Athletsim and work around the Ground does remind me a little of Buddy

Well I remember Buddy not having a Big U-18 Champs.

Moore Athletsim and work around the Ground does remind me a little of Buddy
Fair point. It's all based on his measurements and what he can be. I saw him play agst Calder and even though he was playing with a corkie, his burst of speed excited me.

Fair point. It's all based on his measurements and what he can be. I saw him play agst Calder and even though he was playing with a corkie, his burst of speed excited me.

His Speed it Elite for a 199-200cm player

There was a strong wind that day, it did look like it could've blown him over atone point :)

Well, Actually I think he has Quite a Strong Core as I have seen him quite often Stand Up in Tackles and don’t go down. Even did that for that in the VFL playing Seniors

With his kicking it will get better, to me his weight distribution is slightly wrong and that is why he normally kicks high balls. If he fixes that his kicking will be a lot better

Fear not my friends, I might be a bit up myself here but what I've seen from Darcy in the VFL game was enough to convince me we have a beauty on our hands despite questioning his worth for the whole year.

Darcy Moore (Oakleigh Chargers) -

Back to his dominate best, big Darcy Moore was Oakleigh's best on ground in a close two-point loss to North Ballarat. For Moore, who played both ends of the ground he finished with just he one goal, but a whopping eight marks of which five were contested! Moore's tackling pressure was also on displaying, laying four tackles and enjoying just the 13 disposals. Moore also showed he was able to give big Marc Pittonet a chop-out in the ruck, and finished with 13 hitouts to advantage. The Chargers skipper has come into a nice purple patch with finals commencing this weekend.

That sounds like a very strong game for Darcy. the 13 Hitouts to Advantage is Huge Numbers for being in the Ruck Part Time

http://www.paigecardona.com/#!aflfatherson/c19r2

FWIW when I looked at the pics posted last week of Darcy playing for Oakleigh I thought in a still frame his movements look incredibly similar to his old man. He definitely has that very mobile athletic movement thing his father was renowned for. Peter Moore was a fabulous ruckman when at his best and probably learned a lot from Len Thompson who I think may have pioneered that mobile athletic ruckman role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No changes to the father/son bidding process....this year anyway.

@AFL_PKeane: AFL notified all clubs today there will be no change to bidding process for players under Father / Son & Player Academy Rules for 2014 Draft

Good news, means at most Darcy will cost us our first round pick, nothing more.

No changes to the father/son bidding process....this year anyway.

Good news, means at most Darcy will cost us our first round pick, nothing more.
Great news. So we will end up securing a player rated as pick 5-6 for our pick 8. We effectively jump a few picks.

Sydney will be able to draft highly rated midfielder Isaac Heeney with a late first-round pick this year, with the AFL not ready to introduce its revamped bidding system.

Collingwood may also secure father-son draftee Darcy Moore for a bargain price, with the athletic key-position prospect and Heeney considered top-five prospects by many clubs.

The league is reconstructing the bidding system to ensure clubs pay a fairer price for top-line players drafted from the northern academies or as father-son selections, but has run out of time to introduce it this year.

The reworked system should be in place for the 2015 draft, ensuring clubs have plenty of time to prepare for the changes.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...m-for-2014-20140827-109189.html#ixzz3BZEemgnx

Great News. Then his 99.9% Gurnatee to be a Pie

He has the HIP injury worry so we dont know what he will be, could get stress fractures in he's back or feet ;);)

Get him but let him train away from the club!

He is very exciting and if we get Reid fit we will have 2 swing men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back