Traded Dayne Beams and pick 67 traded for picks 5 and 25, and Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just another timely plea for Collingwood posters to not give oxygen to the Brisbane supporters who keep doing the same schtick of making stupid lowball offers backed up by PSD threats. We're as tired of distancing ourselves from them as you are in arguing with them.
You're talking about this guy right?

If collingwood wants our 2nd round pick as well as our 1st then they have to massively sweeten the pot or we walk away and get him for free next year. Pick 4 + Pick 25 for Beams + Kennedy seems more than fair.
:rolleyes:

If collingwood wants our 2nd round pick as well as our 1st then they have to massively sweeten the pot or we walk away and get him for free next year. Pick 4 + Pick 25 for Beams + Kennedy seems more than fair.

LOL If Brisbane wanted that the CFC will rightfully tell you to GFY. Worst hypothetical I've read so far.

At least if people want to offer up fringe spuds for Beams, it would be better if they could get 5+ games a year
'Part of' implies not the whole thing. Obviously with pick 4 and something else. Membrey couldn't get a game as a developing third tall forward behind the likes of Franklin, Tippett, Goodes and Reid. So he's hardly a fringe spud. Now you've missed out on Clark he could be handy and he's young and would develop with your list. But hey whatever you reckon.

'Part of' implies not the whole thing. Obviously with pick 4 and something else. Membrey couldn't get a game as a developing third tall forward behind the likes of Franklin, Tippett, Goodes and Reid. So he's hardly a fringe spud. Now you've missed out on Clark he could be handy and he's young and would develop with your list. But hey whatever you reckon.
He might be a fine player. In terms of trade value, he is around 3rd rounder.

yep i agree. pick 4 and 25 for a ready made super star in his prime would be massive overs pies would laugh all the way to the bank on that one

I suspect there is equal if not more praying coming from those in black and white.

The talk about paying part of his salary is fanciful and smacks a bit of posters looking for a Bigfooty win rather than a football win.

That said, if Collingwood do want to pay part of his salary, they can offer us that and maybe we can improve our offer even more. ;)
Paying part of a players salary is a common occurrence. This year we payed some of Heath Shaw's salary. There's nothing fanciful about it.

Paying part of a players salary is a common occurrence. This year we payed some of Heath Shaw's salary. There's nothing fanciful about it.

We've already discussed this in a fuller context, read back a page or so.

If Collingwood people think they are getting any of our young guns they are mistaken. Pick 7 and 14 is as far as I'd go. But even then, the fact is he wants to go to Brisbane, so unless Brisbane are insane and don't offer a bit more than pick 4, we are pretty much waiting to be called upon by Beams's management.

If Collingwood people think they are getting any of our young guns they are mistaken. Pick 7 and 14 is as far as I'd go. But even then, the fact is he wants to go to Brisbane, so unless Brisbane are insane and don't offer a bit more than pick 4, we are pretty much waiting to be called upon by Beams's management.
You guys are playing this right if u wanted beams. Let Brisbane ruin the trading relationship then come in like Bandits and take beams away for 7 and 14

You guys are playing this right if u wanted beams. Let Brisbane ruin the trading relationship then come in like Bandits and take beams away for 7 and 14

Once GC offer that Bris will then throw in Mayes and thus a bidding war is created.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think people are forgetting that players aren't inanimate objects and actually have a say in the matter.

Would be very surprised if Sam Mayes agreed to leave - he LOVES it up here. Has a social anxiety condition and thrives on the anonymity in Brisbane.

Couldn't extend his contract quickly enough.

About as likely as Collingwood putting Broomhead or Elliot on the table. Not gonna happen.

We'd put Elliott or Broomhead on the table if we were chasing someone of Beams' calibre. Just as Brisbane will eventually trade out someone like Aish. Else Beams will remain at Collingwood. He's a contracted player.

Pick 4 and another pick around 13-16 will get it done

Do Brisbane supporters see this as being unrealistic?

Very fair. Would you settle with 4 + 19 though? With Melbourne interested in Merrett and likely to get pick 19 for Frawley, that seems like the most "gettable" upgrade for our second rounder.

Otherwise, not sure what we have that is of interest for these teams.

13 - Geelong
14 - Gold Coast
15- North
16 - Port
17 - Sydney (untradeable - will be spent on Heeney)
18 - Hawthorn

Very fair. Would you settle with 4 + 19 though? With Melbourne interested in Merrett and likely to get pick 19 for Frawley, that seems like the most "gettable" upgrade for our second rounder.

It sounds stupid but 19 like it wouldn't get it done even though it's just 3 picks

Probably have to swap 3rd rounders aswell and I would probably say it's a done deal

If pick 4 moves to pick 5 it changes everything their is a clear top 4 in the draft

Probably have to swap 3rd rounders aswell and I would probably say it's a done deal

Have a strong feeling our third rounder will be be allocated to Liam Dawson after academy bidding on Monday.

If pick 4 moves to pick 5 it changes everything their is a clear top 4 in the draft

Agreed. Hawthorn may have done us a big favour.

The club has made it very clear that our young talented players are untouchable. So stop mentioning Aish and Mayes as potential trades until conformation of viable sources classify Brisbane has done so.

Otherwise, not sure what we have that is of interest for these teams.

13 - Geelong
14 - Gold Coast
15- North
16 - Port
17 - Sydney (untradeable - will be spent on Heeney)
18 - Hawthorn

Pick 4 pick 19 and a swap of 3rd rounders which we pass onto Sydney for Membery I can live with

Would you consider throwing in Crisp instead of swapping 3rd rounders?

The club has made it very clear that our young talented players are untouchable. So stop mentioning Aish and Mayes as potential trades until conformation of viable sources classify Brisbane has done so.

Then you won't get Beams IMO.

LOL If Brisbane wanted that the CFC will rightfully tell you to GFY. Worst hypothetical I've read so far.
it also beggars belief that they assume that the Lions can pick up up for nothing next year. He's out of contract, not a free agent.
And if Beams stays, that only increases the chances of him changing his mind and staying with us.

Of course I expect Brisbane to bargain hard but they shouldn't go totally badass and assume that Beams will go there for pick 4 alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back