Dermott Brereton picks Hawks to slide to fifth

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume he's talking 5th after the home and away rounds. As we'll warm up slowly next year just in time to peak for the three-peat and be the first team to win from 5th with the current finals system.

Edit: Whoops, this is from at the start of the year.

Last edited:
No Carlton bought the 1987 premiership and a spot in the 1986 GF

no as in Sydney almost bought themselves a premiership? why dont u reckon so ? they signing better players then the GWS.. how that is possible i do not know, but buying 2 dominant forwards in consectutive years is something no melb club and some interstate clubs can do ?

I'm all for loyalty in a huge way (have it tattoed on my arm)!
So when 2 of the clubs greats in Lethal & Derm both backed the bleeders to win the GF, I was extremely pissed off!
Just me but when you've spilled blood & guts for the club you never ever back against them.:mad:

Media impartial LOL
I agree it's laughable. But it makes me proud that all our guys that come through those doors come out better people!

I also enjoy a bit of reverse psychology and blowing smoke up the arse of our opponents

I'm all for loyalty in a huge way (have it tattoed on my arm)!
So when 2 of the clubs greats in Lethal & Derm both backed the bleeders to win the GF, I was extremely pissed off!
Just me but when you've spilled blood & guts for the club you never ever back against them.:mad:

Why?

It's their opinion. They don't owe it to Hawthorn to tip them blindly for games.

It doesn't mean they don't want Hawthorn to win... Look at how chuffed Matthews was the next day, and look at Dermie fawning over the side/players/club/Clarko the next day too.

Why?

It's their opinion. They don't owe it to Hawthorn to tip them blindly for games.

It doesn't mean they don't want Hawthorn to win... Look at how chuffed Matthews was the next day, and look at Dermie fawning over the side/players/club/Clarko the next day too.
And how proud was Dermott to be a 'Hawthorn person'.

Did anyone hear him on SEN after our win in the 2nd qualifying against Geelong.

Said that Hawthorn will be lucky to make the 8 in 2015. The other presenters thought he was taking about Geelong!

If you thought 2014 was a good call, expect more quality leading up to the start of 2015.

Did anyone hear him on SEN after our win in the 2nd qualifying against Geelong.

Said that Hawthorn will be lucky to make the 8 in 2015. The other presenters thought he was taking about Geelong!

If you thought 2014 was a good call, expect more quality leading up to the start of 2015.

Hopefully he keeps it up and we keep on winning.

He's blatantly a Hawthorn supporter. Last year in the GF both he and Matthews were absolutely loving life when it looked sewn up, same too this time.

They can predict what they want, but who they want to win is (fittingly) 'always Hawthorn.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?It's their opinion. They don't owe it to Hawthorn to tip them blindly for games.

Spot on, Lethal Leigh tries to hide it, he tries to be unbiased and show no favouritism, but the way he comments on the Hawks, you know that there's a soft spot in his heart, and he really does love us.

Friends of mine say they're sick of the way Dermie talks up the Hawks so please don't anyone question Dermie's love for the Hawks.

He can't even remotely hide it.

Spot on, Lethal Leigh tries to hide it, he tries to be unbiased and show no favouritism, but the way he comments on the Hawks, you know that there's a soft spot in his heart, and he really does love us.

Friends of mine say they're sick of the way Dermie talks up the Hawks so please don't anyone question Dermie's love for the Hawks.

He can't even remotely hide it.
I think the chief hides it well, In fact he probably goes a little in the opposite direction.

Well played Dermie.... We love it when everyone writes us off! Starting the underdog press early...clever as it also gives him a slightly unbiased appearance 
However he lost me with Richmond finishing higher than Norf & Paddy's Power in 10th!!!!

The fact that Derm still refers to Essendon as "The dirty rottens" "the scum" "filth" every single week is proof enough that he's Hawthorn to the bone. I love the end of AFL Teams Dermott - "Hope your team wins, unless it's the bombers"

And how proud was Dermott to be a 'Hawthorn person'.

He pretty much says that Hawthorn shouldn't of won the game going into the match and that he would still tip Sydney because of "logic". How can someone say that about a team that has just won a Grand Final by almost 11 goals?

I think the chief hides it well, In fact he probably goes a little in the opposite direction.

Probably because the Chief is one of the most involved in this current Hawks era of all the commentators. It was his vote that saw us knock back Terry Wallace and pick the more unknown figure in Clarkson. Then this year, gave a speech to the players before finals about how special back-to-back would be.

Guy bleeds brown and gold. So not surprising he has to compensate the other way to come off as even :p

No one can question Derm's passion for the Hawks. It was just he along with the rest of the media under-rated the pain of 2011/12 and the internal strength required to not lose twice to the same stained filth in a GF.

When comparing eras, this is one thing the current crop has over the 80s one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back