Division 4 2024 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Glen Waverley have officially withdrawn. 7-team competition.
Not surprised, in the transfers it shows 22 out and none in. I'm not sure what's happening with their juniors. I wouldn't believe that even if juniors continue they will hold onto the ground. It will be very surprising if the EFNL ever get that ground back, the Ammos will snap it up.
Sadly it would have been their 50th year. Gone due to 3 absolute cretins, one with a phone.

Last edited:

I actually thinks it's 1 up from div 4 and 2 down from division 3. They mentioned after round 18 that Fairpark were safe in division 3 for 2023 and Scoresby and Glen Waverley Hawks go down.

Are Scoresby really in Div 4?

They were a staple in Div 1 when I was umpiring the EFL in the early 2000's.

Wonder what happened?

Wonder what happened?

They have no juniors and no 19s. What is worse for them now is their old junior ground on FTG RD next to Bunnings has been given to a soccer club so they wont ever get that back.

I was told by a member of their club that they will never have juniors again now because of the council decision, but im not sure what the council is supposed to do, just leave it vacant? I did remind the member that they can run juniors out of their senior ground if they wanted but he said they couldn't because of the Vets team.. This member who has been part of the senior committee and is a good club man kept referring to the 'junior club' and 'junior committee' like that's where the revival will come from. There is no junior club anymore or junior committee. The revival will have to come from within the senior club. Maybe if they were as passionate about juniors as they are about a vets team they might have a better future.

They also wont get far without having some kind of female teams at their club. They have had a strong presence in the EFNL netball but pulled the pin on their netball teams on the 8th December because they couldn't find a netball co-ordinator, 4 months before the season starts. Bizarre.

By all reports they have appointed a ripper of a senior coach however. Good luck to them.

Wonder what happened?
It happens, even East Burwood 2013 division 1, then by 2018 in 4th division.
With Scoresby in division 4 now, it will be the first time they've played Kilsyth since 1978. Back in 1978 both clubs were in the top division (1)

Kilsyth have had a shocking record against Scoresby in the EDFL/EFL Won 2 and lost 19. Current losing streak is 18 loses in a row for Kilsyth.

It happens, even East Burwood 2013 division 1, then by 2018 in 4th division.
With Scoresby in division 4 now, it will be the first time they've played Kilsyth since 1978. Back in 1978 both clubs were in the top division (1)

Kilsyth have had a shocking record against Scoresby in the EDFL/EFL Won 2 and lost 19. Current losing streak is 18 loses in a row for Kilsyth.
Spot on, with a 7-team division Scoresby could win the Premiership. A week is a long time in football, let alone a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is the last time the EFNL had a club go bust? Been a bloody long time. Clubs have moved to other leagues but I can't recall one going under. Maybe Noble Park Bears in the mid 90s?

They need to be careful, the region is very, very thick with clubs and you can see just how fragile clubs are when there's an exodus of players.

The top 3 are very competitive, it will come down to the team that performs best in the finals. Croydon Nth MLoc looks out of its depth with Nunawading disposing of them in both games now. Where to now for Croydon Nth MLoc?

The top 3 are very competitive, it will come down to the team that performs best in the finals. Croydon Nth MLoc looks out of its depth with Nunawading disposing of them in both games now. Where to now for Croydon Nth MLoc?

Maybe off to OEFNL? Ammos wouldn’t work, that’s why mt lilydale came across to merge

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back