Division 4 2024 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That'd be right, spend years uprooting the divisions to create five, then end up with not enough clubs for D4
The solution, make a Division 5.
Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

It's the new generation of non-commitment as players. Unheard of when I played, same as weddings during football season. Ah s**t, I am now just another grumpy old man.:p

I hear you. I don't really know how to think about it. It seems pretty widespread and I guess there's some back-up from COVID when people couldn't travel.

It all depends on the player I guess, if you've got a good servant for a decade and he takes six weeks off one year, then really, can you complain?

On the other hand, if you have a bloke going away for weeks every year, you have to question if he's really that keen to play footy.

I hear you. I don't really know how to think about it. It seems pretty widespread and I guess there's some back-up from COVID when people couldn't travel.

It all depends on the player I guess, if you've got a good servant for a decade and he takes six weeks off one year, then really, can you complain?

On the other hand, if you have a bloke going away for weeks every year, you have to question if he's really that keen to play footy.
My thoughts are, the team could be fighting it out for a final spot. You and a few teammates head away and the team loses 2 games and they miss the finals. But it's all good you got your holiday in (sarcasm). In saying yes, it appears to be the norm these days.

My thoughts are, the team could be fighting it out for a final spot. You and a few teammates head away and the team loses 2 games and they miss the finals. But it's all good you got your holiday in (sarcasm). In saying yes, it appears to be the norm these days.
Yes, we have a couple and one has applied for a transfer to AFL London. Never, ever happened when I played. Plenty of players back then. If you had gone OS during the season the club would have told to PO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, we have a couple and one has applied for a transfer to AFL London. Never, ever happened when I played. Plenty of players back then. If you had gone OS during the season the club would have told to PO.
& it would be been even worse with the month lost going on a ship back in your day Cliff.
Those things in that go in the sky are amazing these days. 😜

Looking more and more likely that a last round showdown between Surrey and Kilsyth will determine who finishes on top for the season

Well done Surrey, what a great win. Congratulations to everyone who has contributed to pulling up Surrey by the bootlaces to get them from a winless, directionless team in 4th Div, to Premiers. Dale Axton will be doing cartwheels, won't he Peter! Or maybe having a nice Red. Now that I think of it, the Red wins by a Gissing Street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back