Cars & Transportation Dodgy drivers or roads - rant here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Campaigners who don't do a head-check on the freeway. This near miss happened the day my father died - this clown nearly finished off what was left of the family name in the one day.

Flogs who don't turn their lights on during overcast conditions, when its raining and at dawn/dusk also give me the shits.

I must admit I am guilty of not indicating in car parks at times.

Campaigners who don't do a head-check on the freeway. This near miss happened the day my father died - this clown nearly finished off what was left of the family name in the one day.

Flogs who don't turn their lights on during overcast conditions, when its raining and at dawn/dusk also give me the shits.

I must admit I am guilty of not indicating in car parks at times.

Happens all the time to me. Especially with P-platers that get stuck behind a truck or bus, in a rush and do not look properly enough before changing lane.

You know why? They have thier headlights on Automatic. It's not dark enough for the sensor to trip the lights on but it's dark enough to have them on.
In the past month alone I've seen about 5 cars with no headlights on well after they should be on. How they can even read thier speedo in the dark is beyond me.

You know why? They have thier headlights on Automatic. It's not dark enough for the sensor to trip the lights on but it's dark enough to have them on.
In the past month alone I've seen about 5 cars with no headlights on well after they should be on. How they can even read thier speedo in the dark is beyond me.

Probably an indication they are not looking at their speedo

Legally your headlights need to come in when its raining as well; my automatic lights don't come on when the wipers are triggered. However I have both an automatic option as well as manual options for parkers and headlights.

Slightly OTT reaction I must say.

Almost as OTT as titling the video "reckless driving".

Possibly, as you could imagine, quite an emotional day given the circumstances. The reckless driving title was given by the youtube channel after they requested to publish the video. I would say it easily comes under as "reckless driving" - could have easily caused a fatality when you consider that the vehicle was going at 100km/h.

You fiend!

I'm terrible.

Depending on their car the speedo lights may work independent of the headlights. I hired a Ford Focus in the US and the dashboard would light up automatically if it was dark or overcast, even without the headlights being on. Caught us out a couple of times in overcast conditions when I mistakenly thought I had the headlights on.

Had a classic the other day.
3-lane road approaching an intersection, far right lane is right-turn only, middle lane is straight ahead only. Some peanut wants to turn right but misses their opportunity to get into the very busy right lane before the turn light goes red so drives up to the end of the middle lane and stops their with his indicator on. Meanwhile everyone behind him is trying to go straight ahead on a green light and has to miss an entire cycle while the idiot sits there oblivious to all of the tooting behind them. Seriously, if you miss your turning just go straight ahead and take the next legal turning - there will always be a way to get back on course.

Depending on their car the speedo lights may work independent of the headlights. I hired a Ford Focus in the US and the dashboard would light up automatically if it was dark or overcast, even without the headlights being on. Caught us out a couple of times in overcast conditions when I mistakenly thought I had the headlights on.
My KIA and the old mans Toyota light up in all conditions. The cars I've seen without headlights don't have that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say it easily comes under as "reckless driving" - could have easily caused a fatality when you consider that the vehicle was going at 100km/h.
It doesn't. Reckless driving is deliberately driving in a dangerous manner - racing other cars, ridiculously high speeds, burnouts etc. That guy was careless at worst.

Doss you will understand how stupid this actually is.

My mate was heading down Mt. Rd toward the city and he was near the big roundabout at Keilor Road. The car in front of him turned right at the round about (where incoming cars would usually be coming), and headed up Keilor Road on the wrong side of the road.

He said it was the worst piece of driving he has ever witnessed.

It doesn't. Reckless driving is deliberately driving in a dangerous manner - racing other cars, ridiculously high speeds, burnouts etc. That guy was careless at worst.

Incorrect, what you've described would be intentionally dangerous driving.

Many law dictionaries define recklessness as "conduct whereby the actor does not desire harmful consequence but...foresees the possibility and consciously takes the risk". For me, not bothering to check your blind spot when merging is something you know is a risky practice, but you take the slim chance of of another vehicle not hidden in your blind spot.

Negligence (not foreseeing the danger, but ought to have known it) would come after recklessness in the pyramid of culpability, with intentional right at the top.

My mate was heading down Mt. Rd toward the city and he was near the big roundabout at Keilor Road. The car in front of him turned right at the round about (where incoming cars would usually be coming), and headed up Keilor Road on the wrong side of the road.

How did that not cause a collision? That roundabout is busy all the time.

Can't stand that roundabout actually, one of the worst probably. And the one up near Essendon station. And then the intersection up at Pascoe Vale Rd...

I was coming off Dynon Road onto Spencer Street from the Footscray direction not too long ago- so approaching the Dryburgh Street intersection.

There was a car in the right lane of the city bound side of the road with its right indicator on....waiting to turn right into Dryburgh Street and go towards Arden Street. Facing completely the wrong way and staring straight into oncoming traffic.

How it didn't cause a head on I'll never know. Was just bizarre.

Jesus Christ. That's unreal.

Can't stand that roundabout actually, one of the worst probably. And the one up near Essendon station. And then the intersection up at Pascoe Vale Rd...
Hard to pick which one of those two is worse. It's a very close run thing.

I've seen an impressive amount of cars in recent times leaving the carpark at Fountain Gate at night without their lights on.

It was a Sunday night, mate said there were no other cars around. But yeah definitely agree, would have caused an accident for sure.

Jesus Christ. That's unreal.

Hard to pick which one of those two is worse. It's a very close run thing.
Remember the one at Westfield in the 90s?

It was a Sunday night, mate said there were no other cars around. But yeah definitely agree, would have caused an accident for sure.

Remember the one at Westfield in the 90s?
Not as a driver, too young. But I do recall it as a passenger- pretty horrific.

I still have a special reserve of hate for Reservoir Junction.

Seriously, what the * is it?

Not as a driver, too young. But I do recall it as a passenger- pretty horrific.

I still have a special reserve of hate for Reservoir Junction.

Seriously, what the **** is it?

Ooooooh I think I know which one you mean. Does a High St run thru it??

Have driven thru there a few times, each time have always been in the wrong lane, of course. Is ****ed that area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back