Multiplat Dragon Age III: Inquisition

Remove this Banner Ad

How about we just abandon all forms of critique and discussion altogether? Would that satisfy you?
No.

Just pointing out that its hilarious to see people complaining about having too many options.

Finally got the game and have sunk 30-odd hours into it.

Story & Characters aren't as captivating, memorable or engaging as they were in Origins, but I expected that. All still pretty good so far apart from some odd parts. If the Inquisition had a conveniently empty, generic high-fantasy superfortress, with an equally generic name (Skyhold:rolleyes:) all along, why didn't they move in immediately? Seems pretty stupid to stay if a dump like Haven when the characters know what's at stake and even saw into the future.

As for the gameplay, why even have tactics at all? They're completly redundant with the way they're implemented. You either have them or you don't, none of this in-between s**t please. Aside from that, fun to play; it's unfortunate the quantity if my abilities is limited by the devs accommodating the controller.

The world is great; I spend a lot of time getting distracted from whatever quest I'm doing, which is good for a huge, open world RPG, however it does hurt the main narrative, which is probably why the story isn't anywhere near as engaging as Origins' was.

I never used the tactics. I finished it in about 70ish hours but after about 55-60 I got real bored with all the side stuff I just went through all the final main missions. Game is good but just massive.

Also got sick of having to travel back to the war table to do all the missions on that, grind.

No.

Just pointing out that its hilarious to see people complaining about having too many options.
Who's complaining? I'm just highlighting the fact that it hurts the focus of the main story, which was Origins big strength. You badly misinterpreted.

Who's complaining? I'm just highlighting the fact that it hurts the focus of the main story, which was Origins big strength. You badly misinterpreted.
Yeah and I was pointing out that saying that when there's so many options to the point you don't know what to do, is a first world gaming problem.

I never said it was an invalid problem, just that games have reached the point where these are criticisms

I didn't misrepresent anything. You've just gotten your knickers in a twist over nothing :confused:

Yeah and I was pointing out that saying that when there's so many options to the point you don't know what to do, is a first world gaming problem.

I never said it was an invalid problem, just that games have reached the point where these are criticisms

I didn't misrepresent anything. You've just gotten your knickers in a twist over nothing :confused:
I didn't criticize anything, I just highlighted a nuance, so you certainly did misinterpret my post and I suggest you read it again.

Having plenty of options isn't a problem at all; it's very much a good thing, and essential to any open-world RPG; I was just highlighting the fact that it distracts from the core narrative, the same element which make Origins memorable.

Having a lot of fun towards end-game running around as an Assassin archer with Cole (specc'd Archer Assassin), Sera as a Tempest Archer and Solas (Rift + Winter Mage). I don't really baby-sit any of them anymore since Cole, Sera and I all have the 10% Hidden Blades on our weapons/ armor and Sera has a bow that explodes enemies on a kill...just a crazy amount of chaos and ranged death that's incredibly fun to watch.

Im a 2h human warrior.. vanilla I know! I tried making an elf, but the male elves looked too girly for me and I'm not Quinari fan (this being my first play through). Might make a dwarf next time or human mage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does everyone's characters look like? it took me a few hours to get something i was happy with.

Dunno. I haven't played it for about 4-5 weeks. Plus I spend maybe 2 minutes on character creation as I don't care what my character looks like. All I know is it's a male human with a beard of some sort.

My Elf lady has the same haircut as yours Lukas. She looks a bit like Ellen DeGeneris but with collagen injected lips. Was supposed to be a spunky young waif but didn't really end up that way. Best I could do sadly.

Love Bioware games but wish they'd spend a bit more time on their character creation suites, seems mad that things like rock hard hair clipping through ears is still a thing in big budget games.

These are the things I worry about not the lack of battle tactics or oversaturated collector quests.

View attachment 101616
My Elf lady has the same haircut as yours Lukas. She looks a bit like Ellen DeGeneris but with collagen injected lips. Was supposed to be a spunky young waif but didn't really end up that way. Best I could do sadly.

Love Bioware games but wish they'd spend a bit more time on their character creation suites, seems mad that things like rock hard hair clipping through ears is still a thing in big budget games.

These are the things I worry about not the lack of battle tactics or oversaturated collector quests.

Mods on the PC usually allow you to create a really nice looking character, one of the perks of playing on the PC.

What does everyone's characters look like? it took me a few hours to get something i was happy with.
My guy could beat up your guy. He's ginger.

10386757_404616766380050_859397507823612869_n.jpg

View attachment 101616

Mods on the PC usually allow you to create a really nice looking character, one of the perks of playing on the PC.

Unfortunately I'm presently experiencing one of the, er, anti-perks of PC gaming, whereby, since the last patch, I can't play DA:I for longer than 5 minutes (!) without a directx crash.

I'd ask origin for a refund, but that would probably sound a bit suss given I put 60 pre patch hours into it, haha

Unfortunately I'm presently experiencing one of the, er, anti-perks of PC gaming, whereby, since the last patch, I can't play DA:I for longer than 5 minutes (!) without a directx crash.

I'd ask origin for a refund, but that would probably sound a bit suss given I put 60 pre patch hours into it, haha

I'm having the same issue, make sure you go into the dragon age folder > data ,> redist and install the DirectX thing there, it has solved it for a few people.

Also, turn post processing to low in the graphics menu, that solved it for me and it has no bearing on the graphics.

I'm having the same issue, make sure you go into the dragon age folder > data ,> redist and install the DirectX thing there, it has solved it for a few people.

Also, turn post processing to low in the graphics menu, that solved it for me and it has no bearing on the graphics.

Thanks for the tips - I have tried a bunch of different solutions, but I forget exactly which ones! Will give those ones a go tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back