Drugs/doping in AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, ike2112, but if it was banned, then the rules would be same for everybody. Perhaps the game would slow down to an extent where Kevin Bartlett would stop railing against the evil of the interchange. Would the game suffer that much if players couldn't push every moral and ethical boundary?

Leave the injections to doctors providing medicinal treatment. Simple.

Having said that, the AFL has an aversion to simple solutions. For an example of this, see how the game is umpired based on the intent rather than the action of a player.

Considering NZ has the best meat in the world the contaminated beef theory is laughable.
I hardly think any meat supplier or restaurant in NZ would import meat from China, if they did you would never go to their restaurant again.
These two live together, which makes the scenario all the more suspicious. I also hear through 'sources' that this drug is used to 'cut' ecstasy tablets, so that may be more of an indicator as to the drug source than injections, athsma or any other scenarios.

Just glad it's not our club.

This. It is also the filler of choice for coke which many players favour as an off season recreational drug because it is out of their system so quickly. They chose a crappy dealer and are now paying the price. Being caught with coke in their system = strike 1 under the AFL rules. Being caught with steroids or clenbuterol = 2 year ban. Oops. Sh!t happens boys. Do the crime - do the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, ike2112, but if it was banned, then the rules would be same for everybody. Perhaps the game would slow down to an extent where Kevin Bartlett would stop railing against the evil of the interchange. Would the game suffer that much if players couldn't push every moral and ethical boundary?

Leave the injections to doctors providing medicinal treatment. Simple.

Having said that, the AFL has an aversion to simple solutions. For an example of this, see how the game is umpired based on the intent rather than the action of a player.

Cycling is where most of my knowledge of the subject is derived from, and a sport which accepted its problems a while ago and has continued to take extra steps against doping. As of I think 3 years ago, some teams self-imposed rules upon themselves; many of those include "no-needle" policy. The reigning champion of the Tour of Spain wasn't allowed to defend his title, as he was pulled by his team as they weren't happy with his low cortisol level.
Another self-imposed rule is for anyone being given a corticosteroid even with a TUE (exemption from Dr), they have to take 8 days off racing.

If every team signed up to the same, then injections of illegal substances would be hugely less likely to occur, as no injections would be allowed at all. There would be no excuse for a person or team carrying needles, or having a bruise on the inner arm.

Last edited:

WADA is going...

132819_a05862de30a0ec4279e4601d3e40b378.jpg

Hysterical reading through the Essendon flogs on Twitter who were trolling everyone after the ASADA case fell over, now crying a river of 'what evidence????'.

Nail them to the wall WADA...smug pricks thought they got away with it. Can't wait to hear Mark Robinson's response

we are 100% confident that no illegal drugs were injected into our players!

so what was then?

we can't tell you because we don't know. but we whatever it was, it wasn't illegal.

so how do you know?

Ask Steve, he has detailed records of everything.

Steve, what did you give them?

Everything was hunky dory.

Can you prove it?

Errr, just ask the club. They kept records.

But they said you kept the records.

No, they kept the records.

Ok, thanks, Steve.

Where's the records?

Dunno, they went missing.

But we can assure you everything was legal. Scouts honour! Besides event he tribunal said there wasn't enough evidence to prove anything illegal was used.

That's because there are no records. So How can you guarantee nothing illegal was used.

Because we are Essendon...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off to CAS. Ess are stuffed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFL tribunal stuffed it up give them a short suspension and everyone walks away.

They embarrassed ASADA in the public forum now they will have to deal with situation rather than sweep it
Under the carpet.

Poor old BJ .
He shouldve just gone to GWS.
Wouldve got heaps more money and wouldnt have to keep swimming through the moat of s**t that surrounds the Essendon Football Club nowdays.
Oh well, you make your bed then you have to lie in it i guess.

Last edited:
Unlike most peeps im happy for it to drag on n on.
Hey! they might get off on lack of provable evidence again. But its gonna be another yr of that dodgey club going through s**t and unsurety. Thats Karma IMO.
Meanwhile we just concentrate on building our side back up to being a finals team again:thumbsu::thumbsu:.
I couldnt give a rats tossbag if Essendope go through this for another 10 yrs.

The best part of this is how different it is already to the bullshit AFL system. Not one single journo was able to break it early and Paul Little on SEN complained that they didn't even get a 'heads up'. They're so used to dealing with a body completely devoid of integrity and so completely out of their depth here. :D:D:D

I just don't give a rats arse anymore. Regardless of anything else, its incompetency from all comers, and it's ridiculously frustrating to put any sort of emotional investment into it.
I understand your position. However, sometimes in the face of the most sophisticated and clandestine team sport drugs programme ever known, which has systematically destroyed evidence as had a PR and witness purchase programme (allegedly) overseen by a billionaire and at least one other millionaire, it can be difficult to get things done and for justice to prevail. Let alone the system to work as originally intended.

Fight on WADA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back