Dumb s**t campaigners Did While You Were At School

Remove this Banner Ad

Year 9 tech studies - We had to make a foldable spade, like an army type. The handle consisted of a pipe about 700mm long and another pipe at one end to form a Tee handle. The other end we welded in a slug which was drilled and tapped to screw in the spade section.
I had just finished welding in the slug and for kicks decided to fill the handle/pipe with acetylene. No worries, lit it up and it's lit up like a ciggie lighter....Hmmmm, needs more, better add some oxy as well, lit it up, this thing made the loudest explosion i've ever heard, sent every teacher in ear shot rushing in, the handle shot off like a rocket, just missing my mate and my face was covered in soot, like when s**t goes wrong with Wiley E Coyotes ACME traps...

Year 9 tech studies - We had to make a foldable spade, like an army type. The handle consisted of a pipe about 700mm long and another pipe at one end to form a Tee handle. The other end we welded in a slug which was drilled and tapped to screw in the spade section.
I had just finished welding in the slug and for kicks decided to fill the handle/pipe with acetylene. No worries, lit it up and it's lit up like a ciggie lighter....Hmmmm, needs more, better add some oxy as well, lit it up, this thing made the loudest explosion i've ever heard, sent every teacher in ear shot rushing in, the handle shot off like a rocket, just missing my mate and my face was covered in soot, like when s**t goes wrong with Wiley E Coyotes ACME traps...

LOL. That's crazy. Have you ever read how volatile and dangerous acetylene is. No wonder the teachers came running in.

My stories are better than anyones.

The time an ex-WAFL/VFA teacher who was such a hard arse, you heard him and the subsequent quiet from six classes away when someone didn't bring a pencil taking a massive speccy then never saying anything again.

The time this mate of mine purposely knocked out another mate, doing that chest compression thing, then the dumb prick complaining about a headache while ragdolling himself ala Hayden Ballantyne during king of the pack...

The time we made about 6 fights occur through intentional chinese whispers, rallying everyone in the school to surround a group, and then kids chiming in with "you will look pathetic if you just walk off mate..."

Or the time the never-but-should've convicted 16-year old pedophile in my year, who was literally about 4'8" and had child size feet and a head bigger than anyone else (and greasy hair resembling a toilet brush) left his USB, full of... well you know... ****** up images, at school for a few good mates to accidentally find in a media class...

The time this said kid hit a girl in the arm, this incredibly pretty and skinny thing, when she told him to get ****** after he mocked her for her dog dying...

When this kid, again, had his bag thrown in a bin because he was mouthing off. He discovered it, tipped it out, and all the half-eaten sandwiches and Mocha Chills poured onto his bag, he went absolutely insane and threw the bin around, beat his chest like an ape, threatened rape and murder... when I go back home and get pissed in town, I always try and rally my school mates to go past the old joint – the bin is still there, still dented...

The time the teacher jumped out a window of a demountable classroom, pens flying everywhere, to break up a fight between ex-pupils and throwing two absolute beauties simultaneously at the punks...

When a kid born 10-weeks premature or something insane told us about this, and because he had this long oblong head, we all came to the conclusion his head was so long his skull wasn't fully formed and thus, during birth, moulded to the shape of his mother's vagina. This man ended up becoming one of my favourite mates in high school. Impenetrable to all and anything hurled his way. He had a tough life, being a North fan and relocating a bunch of times, so words were nothing to him. He had a silver tongue and threw heinous insults to those who insulted him. It was beautifully entertaining. But why he told us that story and gave everyone ammunition... beyond me...

When this gay dude, who was closeted and an a-hole to easy targets (ala the guy above), had sex with some older dude at our afterball. I don't care how many vodka Cruisers he had, getting thrown and rogered up against the hood of a Volvo in public view is not smart. Dumb in fact. The rumour the next week was that he still had the grill and Volvo logo pressed into his hips. Grouse...

School was so good. I reckon I laughed until my sides hurt and my lips felt they'd split at the creases every single day. Don't miss it, though.

From the big dumb yellow Fox cap of this one guy, to the red, yellow, and blue quartered Chicken Treat polo of the other, we knew these guys. One had dropped out to work full time at Chicken Treat and the other was so dumb, even dropping out to work at Chicken Treat was a move too smart for him to make. They had history, it's kicking off, it's boiled over, and it's all happening. They're jumping punching, they're proper punching, and the crowd is roaring.

Me and my mates are in stitches. There's not much more exciting and funnier than a high school punch up. And maybe it was the adrenaline or maybe it was a head tilt, or maybe it was because I could always find the unfancied option in my footy and soccer days, but in my peripheral I see this teacher. He's just jumped out of the demountable classrooms. Like this is a five, six metre drop from window to grass. And he's done it like James Bond – one arm on the awning, sideways swinging his leg out and army rolling onto the ground. It was amazing. This old ex-pat pom English teacher, in his Tottenham Hotspur polo and 65-years, is jumping out of a window.

Not only that, but he runs down towards this fight. And he's running, pens flying out of his polo pocket, full on towards this fight. The circle split or he just ran through it like Nat Fyfe, I can't remember, but within six seconds he'd gone from window to the inner sanctum. And in another six seconds he had one of these punks in each fist – holding them at bay by the collar, each kid swinging at him. This teacher cracks it, goes mental, and knocks them almost together and in the deftest one-two I've ever seen, gives them each some chin-music – one, two, bam, they're both just shocked and these kids have stopped fighting.

That one was good I'll admit

LOL. That's crazy. Have you ever read how volatile and dangerous acetylene is. No wonder the teachers came running in.

Hahaha, i was 14, didn't really think about it, just did it.:D

Again year 9, Science class. We had a test that day and i had a prank planned. Our teacher was this weirdo Paki or Indian guy, Mr Finch, which we would pay out no end. Drove him insane.
Anyways, i'm sitting next to my mate Tony and i says "watch this". We're all sitting there doing the test and nobody's talking and i slowly open my palm, take a peak, close it up and keep writing. I did this a number of times till ol' Finchy baby had thought he'd busted me well and truly.
He violently grabs my wrist and scream "OPEN IT!!! OPEN YOUR HAND!!!!"...
I'm like "No sir". He's buzzing out, spinning a bearing. This goes back and forth a few times till i finally relent.
"Okay Sir" I open my palm and scrawled across it in pen is the word "pidgeon"...hahaha Classroom goes nuts, Ol' Finchy baby lost it, jerks me out of my chair and litterally throws me outta class "screaming "GET OUT! GET OUT!"...Had to spend a week in the withdrawal room for every science class to he finally let me back.
Nearly 30 years later, my mates still laugh about it.

in year 8 food tech a guy in my class was dared to 'accidentally' burn me with a hot frying pan. And he did it, because he's a f**king idiot. Still have the scar to this day.

If that's not the epitome of 'dumb s**t' I don't know what is

Can apply also to yourself!

What are some of the dumb things people did when you were at school which got them in trouble or caused problems for others and or the school.?

I put a friend through a school office window.We were just mucking around and I gave him a front on shove and BANG !!!...the huge window shattered.Didn't injure him,thankfully.

Same friend pissed off teachers by doing a flyover in his plane [small airport right next door to the school] before school on the last day of school.

Some Yr 12 kids got banned from entering the school on the final day as they rocked up in a hired limo

Not dumb so much but back in the day our school IT network didn't have the greatest security and those who were able to get in hid a few copies of Quake and other multiplayer games on the share drive. It enabled anyone who knew where to find them to install a copy onto their machine and use the network to play with others right across the school. The highpoint was getting 16 of us playing in one of the smaller multiplayer maps. It was awesome. But as per usual with such things, word of mouth spread about where those copies were available and others started using them, causing mass network gridlocks lol. That and some loud blokes yelling out 'YOU BASTARD' or 'DRILLED HIM' had the teachers catch on. Probably happened at a lot of schools back late 90s/early 00s.

Year 7-9 of High School was pretty rad the teachers would let us play games the last 2 weeks before every school holiday period. They were nothing exciting just a bunch of Windows or QBasic games (Ski Free or QBasic Bowling and other gems), towards the end of year 7 someone had the idea of putting DooM, DooM 2 and gradually Quake, Duke Nukem 3D and other games (Big Red Racing, Fatal Racing, Wacky Wheels) on the network. We had so many awesome death match games in DooM and DooM 2. Level 24 in DooM 2 is my all time favourite deathmatch map, it was awesome having an element of danger firing off the weapons (bfg, rocket launcher etc) you're so high up if you fall off the narrow ledge while avoiding the gun fire you're basically dead, if not from the impact... from the radiation on the ground while hunting around for a teleporter.

The more strict teachers got wind of it a few years later and it was eventually stopped :thumbsdown:

In Year 7, me and a group of friends broken into the After Care building at our school. We stolen things like footys, and icy poles. One guy even made toast whilst in the building. Ended up ratting them all out to the teachers and police.

In Year 11 Methods, I got so bored, that I thought it would be a good idea to put wire into the electrical socket in the classroom, it cut through the skin (to the bone) in my thumb and index finger.

In Year 12 Further, we would order pizzas and taxi for the house across from the school. Sometimes we would order both Domino's and Pizza Hut on the same day, but make the delivery times about 10 minutes apart. I went to school dressed as a taxi driver for muck up day and the other guys in the class were trying to get me to go across the road and act as though they had ordered a car.

For muck up day, a guy at our other campus jizzed in a water gun and started squirting it at people.

In spares, I would find empty classrooms, and hook up my laptop to the projector and watch my TV shows from there. I have done this with live sports as well

We had a courtyard in the middle of my school, with the senior classrooms boarding one side of the courtyard, a group of people two years above me took all the chairs and formed the shape of the utensil.

EDITED

Last edited:
During a Year 10 trip to Canberra, one of my mates started throwing Fantales out the window and hitting cars that were over-taking our sweet as school mini-bus. As expected, it got big laughs from the group. Watching people react to a marble-sized object hitting their window while travelling at 100km/h is funny if you're part of a group of extremely immature teenagers. After a few minutes my mate stops and the group start convincing him to throw just one more. After little-to-no thought he waits for the Holden Astra in the back window to get alongside the bus and then bang, absolute pearler of a throw which sends the Fantale bouncing across this guys windscreen, he swerves randomly as a result and everyone on the bus laughs...

The laughing begins to die down a bit when the same Grey Holden Astra starts going frantically up and down the length of the bus, the driver yelling something, motioning towards my friend and then accelerating and pulling up alongside the driver and demanding that he pull over, all the while trying to pull something out of his back pocket.

The driver of the mini-bus pulls over and the guy in the Astra pulls in front of us screaming to a halt all angry like. After everyone on the bus observes some colourful muted conversation between our year-level co-ordinator and the Astra guy on the side of the road, we notice the Astra driver pulling what looks like a wallet out of his back pocket. It's a badge... turns out this guy is a Federal Police Officer. My mate didn't get charged, but we did have to wait for four hours while his parents drove to meet us on the side of the highway so they could pick him up.

Last edited:
Year 7-9 of High School was pretty rad the teachers would let us play games the last 2 weeks before every school holiday period. They were nothing exciting just a bunch of Windows or QBasic games (Ski Free or QBasic Bowling and other gems), towards the end of year 7 someone had the idea of putting DooM, DooM 2 and gradually Quake, Duke Nukem 3D and other games (Big Red Racing, Fatal Racing, Wacky Wheels) on the network. We had so many awesome death match games in DooM and DooM 2. Level 24 in DooM 2 is my all time favourite deathmatch map, it was awesome having an element of danger firing off the weapons (bfg, rocket launcher etc) you're so high up if you fall off the narrow ledge while avoiding the gun fire you're basically dead, if not from the impact... from the radiation on the ground while hunting around for a teleporter.

The more strict teachers got wind of it a few years later and it was eventually stopped :thumbsdown:

Yeah, once the teachers knew what was going on they started wiping machines and going through the share drive with a fine tooth comb. Still was able to get most back but teachers became very wary and watched for the ALT+TAB if they started walking towards you and couldn't see your monitor screen, or the dos-exe on the taskbar. One woman teacher even tried getting boys banned from computer rooms if unsupervisored but was a stupid suggestion.

Interestingly for us, the most popular multiplayer was Shadow Warrior, due to the cool weapons (flaming head, nuke guns, etc) and the ability to ride around in tanks and speed boats. But setting up the muliplayer was a pain due to everyone playing had to join at the same time and not any time like Quake.

In year 8, our school lacked for exciting lunchtime activities, so our version of fun was to break into empty classrooms and find effective hiding spots. One of us would then run to the nearby staffroom and knock on the door, and leaving the classroom door open would therefore prompt the search and the game begins.

On one typically normal, innocent day, the game was on again. Two of my mates were hidden in a metal storage locker together, one behind curtains, one wedged between chairs and a desk and I was obscured under a very low storage cabinet mounted on wheels.

This time our pursuer was Fab, the hot blooded wrinkly old sleeze of an Italian teacher, the kind of guy who wore 69 shirts while teaching and visibly flirted with the female students yet never raised any eyebrows.

He wonders in and snibs the door behind him, which immediately raised eyebrows. The feeling of dread started brewing inside me, we were going to cop it this time. He places a small bag in a desk roughly in the middle of the room, and places another object next to it. At this stage all I can see is legs, I'll never forget those beige/tan pants. Without a moments hesitation... The piercing sound of a zip, and the beating of the meat had commenced. I distinctly remember the furious pace and frantic nature of his shaft realignments. A kicking sound emanated from the metal locker, my two mates had seen enough... and Fab had grown suspicious of the noise, placing the soldier back into the crows nest and began walking in the direction of the locker.

At that point every single one of us burst from our chosen hiding place, and fled the scene immediately. During my hasty retreat, I noticed that the magazine was a volume from the fine workings of penthouse, and he also had an apple there, presumably to help regain lost energy after the act. It was very awkward attending any and all of his classes for the next two years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I was back in Year 8 (a while ago now :rolleyes:) we thought it would be a great idea to try and replicate some Jackass stunts. We collected all the bins and chairs left in the corridors within the building and then stacked them up on the top level of the building so it was like a pyramid of bins/chairs. We then found a small trolley and proceeded to have 4 mates push the trolley with another mate into the stack at a pretty quick speed. Was pretty damn funny, amazed we didn't get caught after the IT guy asked us why we were all carrying bins up the stairs..

I'm sure i've posted this in the past in another thread but one of my dumb campaigner moments in high school was when I was trying to get someone's attention from outside of the locker bay. I tap on the window barely got his attention, I thought i'd tap on it again which I did only to put my entire hand through the glass. I didn't even tap it that hard first time I used light knuckles like you would gently knock on a door, when my whole hand went through it I just tapped it with the palm of my hand).

Everyone stood around in shock as if to say what the hell just happened ? The year level above us ran around to see what the commotion was, meanwhile i look at my wrist and it was bleeding. I ventured off down to the sick bay and got it looked at, luckily it was just a cut and no glass was buried in. I also had a quick chat with the Vice Principal alerting him to what had happened, said i'd pay for the damage if i had to but it was an accident, didn't deliberately smash it. I return to the area where it happened, this time a teacher saw the broken window and dragged me back to the vice principal's office to have another chat with him.

As we had already talked about it and he got my side of the story already he didn't need to see me again so i went off my merry way. I didn't have to pay for the damage in the end :thumbsu:.

The story spread (not from me) people eventually claimed I was nuts and decided to put my fist through / punch it for no reason at all. Others claimed i deliberately did it to glass a girl i didn't like, which wasn't true. It was just a dumb accident where the glass wasn't strong.

I'm sure i've posted this in the past in another thread but one of my dumb campaigner moments in high school was when I was trying to get someone's attention from outside of the locker bay. I tap on the window barely got his attention, I thought i'd tap on it again which I did only to put my entire hand through the glass. I didn't even tap it that hard first time I used light knuckles like you would gently knock on a door, when my whole hand went through it I just tapped it with the palm of my hand).

Everyone stood around in shock as if to say what the hell just happened ? The year level above us ran around to see what the commotion was, meanwhile i look at my wrist and it was bleeding. I ventured off down to the sick bay and got it looked at, luckily it was just a cut and no glass was buried in. I also had a quick chat with the Vice Principal alerting him to what had happened, said i'd pay for the damage if i had to but it was an accident, didn't deliberately smash it. I return to the area where it happened, this time a teacher saw the broken window and dragged me back to the vice principal's office to have another chat with him.

As we had already talked about it and he got my side of the story already he didn't need to see me again so i went off my merry way. I didn't have to pay for the damage in the end :thumbsu:.

The story spread (not from me) people eventually claimed I was nuts and decided to put my fist through / punch it for no reason at all. Others claimed i deliberately did it to glass a girl i didn't like, which wasn't true. It was just a dumb accident where the glass wasn't strong.
Not at school sadly this was the action of a grown up, or at least it was me. I tried to do a butt press on a window once and ended up putting my arse through it. It was very sobering to see a jagged piece of glass a centimetre or two from your bollocks, and have to lie on my stomach to have someone pull tiny shrads of glass from your cheeks is a touch embarrassing.

We were kicking a footy around the change rooms one day when I was in Year 10, and I eventually let fly with a particularly errant mongrel punt that evaded everyone and shattered the louvered windows above the lockers.

Not entirely dumb, but it was pretty freakin' hilarious.

At my old high school, there's a main thoroughfare, where 1000+ people have to walk through to get to class, otherwise it takes like a 5-10 minute detour. Anyway, there's 2 extremely large trees about 10 metres apart on either side of the thoroughfare.

On the day before graduation, a couple of mates from my grade came in early to school with 100+ metres of gladwrap. They proceeded to create about a 3m tall blockade of gladwrap from one tree to the other. It was so thick that you literally just rebounded off of it even if you just ran into it sprinting.

So, likewise, I think you can imagine the result when 1000+ teachers/students came to school that day.

We were having a kick of the aggott in Year 11 in and around the Common Room.

We have, in this group, an absolute peanut who loves kicking the s**t out of the ball.

This one day, we were in between the canteen and the SOSE staff room.

Some of us were there, the others were down below (the classrooms were/are all on relative flat land while some parts are hilly) and this peanut decides to unleash and kick the s**t out of the ball.

He goes to kick it and, while the ball's in flight, his shoe (he's a right footer) takes flight as well and lands flush on the roof.

We were having a kick of the aggott in Year 11 in and around the Common Room.

We have, in this group, an absolute peanut who loves kicking the s**t out of the ball.

This one day, we were in between the canteen and the SOSE staff room.

Some of us were there, the others were down below (the classrooms were/are all on relative flat land while some parts are hilly) and this peanut decides to unleash and kick the s**t out of the ball.

He goes to kick it and, while the ball's in flight, his shoe (he's a right footer) takes flight as well and lands flush on the roof.

Now that is a true campaigner !!

In year 8, our school lacked for exciting lunchtime activities, so our version of fun was to break into empty classrooms and find effective hiding spots. One of us would then run to the nearby staffroom and knock on the door, and leaving the classroom door open would therefore prompt the search and the game begins.

On one typically normal, innocent day, the game was on again. Two of my mates were hidden in a metal storage locker together, one behind curtains, one wedged between chairs and a desk and I was obscured under a very low storage cabinet mounted on wheels.

This time our pursuer was Fab, the hot blooded wrinkly old sleeze of an Italian teacher, the kind of guy who wore 69 shirts while teaching and visibly flirted with the female students yet never raised any eyebrows.

He wonders in and snibs the door behind him, which immediately raised eyebrows. The feeling of dread started brewing inside me, we were going to cop it this time. He places a small bag in a desk roughly in the middle of the room, and places another object next to it. At this stage all I can see is legs, I'll never forget those beige/tan pants. Without a moments hesitation... The piercing sound of a zip, and the beating of the meat had commenced. I distinctly remember the furious pace and frantic nature of his shaft realignments. A kicking sound emanated from the metal locker, my two mates had seen enough... and Fab had grown suspicious of the noise, placing the soldier back into the crows nest and began walking in the direction of the locker.

At that point every single one of us burst from our chosen hiding place, and fled the scene immediately. During my hasty retreat, I noticed that the magazine was a volume from the fine workings of penthouse, and he also had an apple there, presumably to help regain lost energy after the act. It was very awkward attending any and all of his classes for the next two years.
That's plain ****ed

What the actual *?

I still don't really get how the game work

That's just.........hilarious? Disgusting? Either way, top shelf story.

Not entirely dumb, but it was pretty freakin' hilarious.

At my old high school, there's a main thoroughfare, where 1000+ people have to walk through to get to class, otherwise it takes like a 5-10 minute detour. Anyway, there's 2 extremely large trees about 10 metres apart on either side of the thoroughfare.

On the day before graduation, a couple of mates from my grade came in early to school with 100+ metres of gladwrap. They proceeded to create about a 3m tall blockade of gladwrap from one tree to the other. It was so thick that you literally just rebounded off of it even if you just ran into it sprinting.

So, likewise, I think you can imagine the result when 1000+ teachers/students came to school that day.
*, that's simple but soo good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back