EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The next 3 weeks are huge for the top 5 spots. St.Albans, Roxburgh Park and Rupertswood fighting for those final spots. .

Unfortunately I think that loss to Craigeburn is going to come back to hurt Roxburgh Park. They have an extremely hard next few weeks and would need to win 1, maybe 2 of them.

West Coburg
Deer Park
Hillside
Rupertswood
St.Albans

Roxy to miss by a game or 2

The next 3 weeks are huge for the top 5 spots. St.Albans, Roxburgh Park and Rupertswood fighting for those final spots. .

Unfortunately I think that loss to Craigeburn is going to come back to hurt Roxburgh Park. They have an extremely hard next few weeks and would need to win 1, maybe 2 of them.

West Coburg
Deer Park
Hillside
Rupertswood
St.Albans

Roxy to miss by a game or 2
They don’t play West Coburg again.

I like your confidence but I don’t think Tulla will easily avoid relegation - they are in the thick of it. Since WM and Glenroy games they have been poor.

Need to win this week against KP to get some breathing space.
Jonno Hardman and Jack Burns playing their 300th game this coming week. Hopefully the boys get the 4 points for them.

Fair call on not easily, but if they can bring that 4th 1/4er effort against KP they'll win. Looking at the run after that, possibly 2 more wins.

Westy probably only pick up 1 more win and it will take a huge effort for Glenroy to salute the judge again.

I think the top 5 will come down to the last two to three rounds of the season. Still think any of the top 6 can make it.

Relegation battle will come right down to the wire, Tullamarine, Glenroy and Westmeadows all play each other again. Who ever wants it the most will stay up, injuries will also play its part.

I like your confidence but I don’t think Tulla will easily avoid relegation - they are in the thick of it. Since WM and Glenroy games they have been poor.

Need to win this week against KP to get some breathing space.
Jonno Hardman and Jack Burns playing their 300th game this coming week. Hopefully the boys get the 4 points for them.

Burnsy will be playing in the 2's and they'll win this week and he'll kick a bag in his 300th. He struggled a bit against Rupo, only kicking eight as the smaller ground didn't suit him well.

I think the 1's are due for a win and are a real chance against KP with the home ground advantage. Great to see Hardman also reaching 300.

I see Dorgan best for Deer Park on his return. Absolute jet and as long as they don’t get many injuries Deer Park will win the premiership fairly comfortably. I know a few think West Coburg but just can’t see an upset on neutral finals grounds.

I see Dorgan best for Deer Park on his return. Absolute jet and as long as they don’t get many injuries Deer Park will win the premiership fairly comfortably. I know a few think West Coburg but just can’t see an upset on neutral finals grounds.
Not sure if you have heard the term "Team of Champions vs Champion Team" I think that looking at the In's and Out's every week for Deer Park this could be very relevant saying. I guess in a few games time we get to see who's comments will come back to haunt them or if there will be a big massive "Told You So!!!!" lol

Not sure if you have heard the term "Team of Champions vs Champion Team" I think that looking at the In's and Out's every week for Deer Park this could be very relevant saying. I guess in a few games time we get to see who's comments will come back to haunt them or if there will be a big massive "Told You So!!!!" lol
I’ll be the first to admit I thought deer park would be streets ahead of the competition… this isn’t the case. They may well improve come seasons end and win it but it hasn’t been a demolition!

I’ll be the first to admit I thought deer park would be streets ahead of the competition… this isn’t the case. They may well improve come seasons end and win it but it hasn’t been a demolition!
If we take premier and div 1 as a whole you have Deer Park sitting 12th and St Albans 16th . I think that puts to bed any arguments regarding which is the stronger league.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we take premier and div 1 as a whole you have Deer Park sitting 12th and St Albans 16th . I think that puts to bed any arguments regarding which is the stronger league.

Please explain how you got to those rankings? I was curious and merged the two ladders and still had Deer Park at fourth with Wins/Losses and St Albans at 10th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure there Was ever an argument. WRFL is a horrible league, apart from a few clubs.

And if Deer Park go up, I'm pretty sure they will open the cheque book and be a top 4 team. No need to do it this year. I still think they win it comfortably this year.

Hey mate, respect your opinion but Deer Park are playing the system. They haven’t gone into 3rd gear and once they do it’s all over. Just too much class and scoring power, but I acknowledge West Coburg are travelling well. Pretty sure McKenzie hasn’t played much either and his another star defender.

I'll give you a hand, wce06

This year, only Premier clubs will finish 1-10 ... you following that?
The Division 1 clubs will be 11-22 ... see how we got that?
That means the Division 2 clubs will be ... yes, 23-30.

Otherwise, by your reckoning, the Northern Saints would be fourth, sitting between Pascoe Vale and Deer Park :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Went out to Roxy today, both ruckmen i thought very good heard alot about the Westmeadows ruckmen looks a very good player and we know Elliot is a very good player. Roxy in the end just abit more polished.
Easily one of the worst games I've seen. Westy looked to clog the game up with stoppages and keep it in tight which worked. I had to leave just on 3/4 time but sounds like we finally got on top in the final term. Windy day as it would have been everywhere but truly an ordinary game to watch. Agree that the westy ruck was impressive and took it right up to big jack

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can anyone tell me what the penalties were for the assaults that happened at the St Albans ground when they played Hillside
3 officials were fronting the tribunal
At least one of them should have been charged with assault if you go by the footage
I havent heard any results from the cases
Happy for them all to get off if thats the direction of the EDFL , but dont change any of the rules for any of the other clubs once finals comes around and scores need settling

Can anyone tell me what the penalties were for the assaults that happened at the St Albans ground when they played Hillside
3 officials were fronting the tribunal
At least one of them should have been charged with assault if you go by the footage
I havent heard any results from the cases
Happy for them all to get off if thats the direction of the EDFL , but dont change any of the rules for any of the other clubs once finals comes around and scores need settling
2 officials from StA fronted the board
Kicker got a slap on wrist - ie nothing!
not sure about the punching from behind on HS player
HS spectator (2's player) got weeks, not sure how many
anyone else know?

And the clubs put up with it. Surely there must be a decent group of professionals that could put their hands up , get on the board and straighten this ship up.

Do you think the 20 and 25k fines and loss of 1game was spineless?

SA VP got 5 years ? Not sure how much was suspended if any
HS player got 6 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Big round coming up.

I have a sneaking feeling Tulla is going to pinch one here. Tulla by 12.
Massive game for Glenroy. Win and it helps ease the pressure a bit. Craigieburn by 38.
Hillside by 34.
Deer Park v Roxy should be a beauty. Good chance for Roxburgh Park to make a statement. DP by 18.
West Coburg will start clear favourites on the weekend, but Rupo play their best footy against the best sides. A win won't surprise me at all, however, I think a bad run of weather and a heavy track will give West Coburg the edge.
St Albans by 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Back