EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at the oak park vs craigieburn match and then checked the tribunal results. Just curious as to why Danny rajab didn't get red carded. Saw he got reported twice but continued to play the game out. How does that happen? Also there was nothing about the incident of Jason Cloke kicking his opponent. As I heard the umpire say that you are reported as I was watching from that end of the ground. Can anyone help out about what happened

Round 6 preview

Hillside V Glenroy
Battle of the winless teams. Glenroy have been quite stiff in a number of games this season but hillside must be on the verge of showing something as they haven't fired a shot all season. Will Shark park be the spot for hillside to ease the relegation battle? Or will Glenroy finally break the duck and get on roll! Glenroy by 9

Oak Park V Taylors Lakes
Clearly out classed last week against Craigieburn as were Taylors lakes last start against an Aaron kite Avalanche. Both teams looking to bounce back. It would be pretty hard for Taylors lakes to makes from 2-4 if they drop this one. Oak Park will respond for mind 23 points.

Ess Doutta Stars V Tullamarine
Massive game this is Tullamarine over the last month have moved themselves right up there with a good performance against the Eagles and two stirring victories against Glenroy and westy. I wouldn't think Tullamarine could give douttas 7 goals head start if they want to win. Hopefully Carey makes the all important return to the eds forward line Eds by 33 points.

East Keilor V Craigieburn
The Craigieburn machine is just clicking into gear and is frightening. They disposed of both eds and oak park who are around them! I expected the Eagles to boast there percentage this week against the improving Cougars. Craigieburn by 78 points

Been watching EDS for a long time and Kade Carey would be high up in any discussion regarding the best paddock footballer ever and possibly EDS greatest ever(big call I know) but I'm not sure how he can help now. His body has failed him consistently in recent years and his peak football was played in '05 & '06. Long time ago now!
With Kite in as the power forward not sure Kade is needed. His presence off field & around the club is invaluable no doubt.
I am looking on from the outside and don't even see every game but In my opinion the sooner EDS move towards the young gun brigade of -
Calvaresi, Prestia, Aitken, Ross, Brown x 2, Meyers x 2, Ntialanas, Barnes, Day, Anderson etc and away from the old boys like Laverde, Gervasi, Buttigig, Ramsey, Carey, Myles etc. the quicker the club will progress back to A grade and be competitive. I understand it's not always the way it seems from the outside, and it sounds like you might be in the know at the club or involved even but that's just how I see it. I don't forget the mindset the club was in the last time we were in B grade when it was so sesperate to get out it forgot to devolp from within and took 5 long years. In light of today's breaking news maybe the way forward is through young, loyal players!

Hillside 6 goals
OP 2 goals
Crazy by plenty
Eds 7 goals

Called into glenroy training on the way home from work for 15 mins, looked like only 25-30 blokes training not good sign with relegation a massive possibilty, massive game this week and last round is EK which could be an elimination game between the 2 clubs.

Hillside without any confidence at all by 16.
Oak Park by 8, but a Lakes win wouldn't surprise.
Douttas by 46.
Eagles by 64.
Glenroy by 12 but could go either way
Lakes by 3 toss of the coin
EDS by 32 to many good players
Cburn by 112 could get ugly for EK Cburn have a very even spread of good players

Westmeadows announced they have signed coach for an extra 3 years.

Bold decision seeing we are only in round 6 of current season. A lot can happen in between now and end of year. Good to see a club backing in their coach though

Bold decision seeing we are only in round 6 of current season. A lot can happen in between now and end of year. Good to see a club backing in their coach though

Does that mean DC gets paid out if he gets sacked? Please...

Signing a coach in local footy for more than a year is verging on pointless. Careers, family, relocation, affairs, b@nging the rub down girl, falling out with club people, stealing the punters club cash. It all happens and has happened.

This is just a story put out by Westmeadows as a show of faith in the coach. They are trying to get buy in from the players. It doesn't actually mean anything to DC.

Good luck to DC. Hope he can turn the trainwreck around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signing a coach in local footy for more than a year is verging on pointless. Careers, family, relocation, affairs, b@nging the rub down girl, falling out with club people, stealing the punters club cash. It all happens and has happened.

This is just a story put out by Westmeadows as a show of faith in the coach. They are trying to get buy in from the players. It doesn't actually mean anything to DC.

Good luck to DC. Hope he can turn the trainwreck around.
Would have to cause division in the group
Top bloke, fair coach but not everyone's a fan, now there's blokes running around thinking I'm stuck with him for 3 years
Big call by club

If it's a fact

Looks like the salesman has spun has s**t again re ( albanvale,Yarraville) good luck

Looks like the salesman has spun has s**t again re ( albanvale,Yarraville) good luck

But harsh. Came to Westmeadows when we were on our knees and should have been in div 2. Played finals last year and in the mix to do so again. We have had 5 coaches in 5 years so good now that we are back on track and have some stability.

Some good footy today by the sounds of it. The Glenroy Hillside game sounded like a ripper. Where does this leave Glenroy now ?

Makes no sense what so ever, pretty sure Campbell won the b&f last year so how can he be done ,
Fit or not fit he would be just what glenroy need an in and under player and an experienced bloke to help the young kids they have in there midfield at the moment .
So how'd Campbell go today is it starting to make sence
We all have our day

This is just a story put out by Westmeadows as

Makes no sense what so ever ! Campbell didn't play ?

Now you posters know why I was starting to lose my cool with BillyBlogs.. I don't understand this either and Billy wants people to stop following me...

Billy take the automatic 1 week suspension and review the games so you get a better understanding of the EDFL.

Ok I'm back off the div1 thread and going back to premier, as don't want to get embroiled in arguments on big footy.

PS: ok Billy you can take your suspension from Monday so you can reply in your usually tone, or be a man and take this for what it's worth. A bit of friendly banter between 2 old sparring partners. haha

I saw Danny today he cant train due to his body looks like he has eaten 8 men they could have done with him today Hillside r so young
Makes no sense what so ever ! Campbell didn't play ?
thats the point mate
Last week people where eluding to the fact that he was going to be the savior for glenroy. And I suggested he was done and a few of you ragged up

Sore EDS for the first time and there a good outfit a lot younger than I thought
Tulla matched or won at stoppages but EDS just spread and run to hard
Was a good game

Sore EDS for the first time and there a good outfit a lot younger than I thought
Tulla matched or won at stoppages but EDS just spread and run to hard
Was a good game
The score line suggests it was a defensive battle, Tulla must have locked down really well to control the score. EDS certainly have the talent to hit the score board if they are let off the leash....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back