EDFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game between EDS and Westmeadows. Both sides had chances to win. Bit of soul searching for Tigers over the bye and great from a spectator perspective to see the playing group respond.

Huge game up at Highgate Saturday.

Good result down at Douttas for the Eagles. Must have been a very good performance by Glenroy to smash Oak Park. Tulla result expected and a very important win for EK.

A couple of huge games next week.
Some great games this week will no some more about some teams in the coming weeks.
Craigieburn/westy could be game of the round after westys performance on the weekend, eagles flying after 3x 100 point wins in a row but could be ready to drop one after a week off, Lets hope not ill go craigieburn by 14
Oakers/tulla another beauty, based on form u have to go with tulla here by 24
Eds should take care of business at shark park, 60+ for the stars
East keilor/glenroy should be a great contest and worth watching, if the cougars bring there A game they will be hard to beat but they have been inconsistent, ill go roys by 15

Craigieburn 55
Glenroy. 40
EDS 73
Oak park 8

Noticed glenroy have got Denis back playing. Looked a little under done but will be a massive asset to help guide and teach that young midfield . Good get

Craigieburn V Westmeadows.
With all respect. Craigieburn might win this by plenty. They couldn't stop kite or the quality of ball in the eds forward line last weekend against eds. aaron kite was dominant. He kicked 3.9 If either cloke has 12 shots they won't kick that badly. Craigieburn by 48.

Oak Park V Tullamarine.
This is game of the round in my eyes. Two clubs full of players who wear there jumper with pride. Who know that there is only a couple of finals spots available and will do everything for one an other. On form I'll choose Tullamarine by 17

East Keilor V Glenroy
Glenroy jumped on the winners list and I expect them to go on a bit of a winning streak now. They have enough quality to be in the top half of the ladder where I think East Keilor don't have the depth. Glenroy by 28 points

Hillside V Essendon Doutta Stars.
For those saying this will be easy for eds I think a wrong. Both tulla and westy have limited eds to less than 80 points in the last. 2 games if this happens hillside are a massive threat. Both stoccio and ferraro dominated eds when they met last year Ferraro has a few more games under his belt I expect him to play well it's just weather the rest of the group can lift. If eds can provide the forwards with good service and they finish the work they could win comfortably. eds by 35.

For those saying this will be easy for eds I think a wrong. Both tulla and westy have limited eds to less than 80 points in the last. 2 games if this happens hillside are a massive threat. Both stoccio and ferraro dominated eds when they met last year Ferraro has a few more games under his belt I expect him to play well.

I think you're stuck on 2014 Stocco and Ferraro. Watching Rocky last week, he isn't able to turn on that bad ankle. It'll be a lot bigger margin than 6 goals.

Craigieburn V Westmeadows.
With all respect. Craigieburn might win this by plenty. They couldn't stop kite or the quality of ball in the eds forward line last weekend against eds. aaron kite was dominant. He kicked 3.9 If either cloke has 12 shots they won't kick that badly. Craigieburn by 48.

Oak Park V Tullamarine.
This is game of the round in my eyes. Two clubs full of players who wear there jumper with pride. Who know that there is only a couple of finals spots available and will do everything for one an other. On form I'll choose Tullamarine by 17

East Keilor V Glenroy
Glenroy jumped on the winners list and I expect them to go on a bit of a winning streak now. They have enough quality to be in the top half of the ladder where I think East Keilor don't have the depth. Glenroy by 28 points

For those saying this will be easy for eds I think a wrong. Both tulla and westy have limited eds to less than 80 points in the last. 2 games if this happens hillside are a massive threat. Both stoccio and ferraro dominated eds when they met last year Ferraro has a few more games under his belt I expect him to play well it's just weather the rest of the group can lift. If eds can provide the forwards with good service and they finish the work they could win comfortably. eds by 35.
Eagles 68
Tula 38
Glenroy 22
Eds 110

Went to watch Hillside v Douttas today. Thought Hillside did ok but have no height up forward. No Stocco and Rocky playing injured. Can't believe Hillside didnt tag Shylo Smith until the 3rd quarter..
Shylo is a gun and watching good players play a level below what they should be, is very frustrating for me.
Didn't see Kite after quarter time so must have got an injury. Can't see Douttas stopping Craigieburn as Douttas don't have much height & strength down back.

Can Hillside survive relegation?? At this stage I think they are going down to div3.

Best for Hillside #13 Stone #6 Bonnici and for Doutta's #1 Shylo.

Over & out from Turbo and back to premier..

Went to watch Hillside v Douttas today. Thought Hillside did ok but have no height up forward. No Stocco and Rocky playing injured. Can't believe Hillside didnt tag Shylo Smith until the 3rd quarter..
Shylo is a gun and watching good players play a level below what they should be, is very frustrating for me.
Didn't see Kite after quarter time so must have got an injury. Can't see Douttas stopping Craigieburn as Douttas don't have much height & strength down back.

Can Hillside survive relegation?? At this stage I think they are going down to div3.

Best for Hillside #13 Stone #6 Bonnici and for Doutta's #1 Shylo.

Over & out from Turbo and back to premier..
Don't know what game you were watching , Shilo was being tagged in the first half as well but he is that good and douttas block for him that well that it doesn't look like he is . He has been tagged in every game , lakes tagged him and he had 40 odd possies , the guy is the best player in the comp by a country mile .
Young hillside side with a lot of outs were very competitive and can hold there heads high , once they get a forward line back will be competitive . It's not over yet, long way to go.

Don't know what game you were watching , Shilo was being tagged in the first half as well but he is that good and douttas block for him that well that it doesn't look like he is . He has been tagged in every game , lakes tagged him and he had 40 odd possies , the guy is the best player in the comp by a country mile .
Young hillside side with a lot of outs were very competitive and can hold there heads high , once they get a forward line back will be competitive . It's not over yet, long way to go.
He is a gun but IMO not best in comp
Josh young for me not as flashy or as many numbers but I'd pick him first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seen Syhlo running around unmarked quite a bit and then when he went forward was rarely played close. A tag is to run with him everywhere. Yes the 3rd quarter no #7 from Hillside was playing him a bit closer and Douttas were trying to block him a few times which was good.
Yes agree Hillside were competitive and can be proud of there efforts but can't see where they are going to get at least 2 more wins from.
Think Glenroy will be safe, so they will need to beat East Keilor away and Taylor's at home, and hope other results go there way. Will be a shame for Hillside if they get relegated as there 18s are sitting 2nd. If they go to div3 not many talented kids will play div3 so what does the future hold for them?? Anyway plenty of footy still to play out.

Seen Syhlo running around unmarked quite a bit and then when he went forward was rarely played close. A tag is to run with him everywhere. Yes the 3rd quarter no #7 from Hillside was playing him a bit closer and Douttas were trying to block him a few times which was good.
Yes agree Hillside were competitive and can be proud of there efforts but can't see where they are going to get at least 2 more wins from.
Think Glenroy will be safe, so they will need to beat East Keilor away and Taylor's at home, and hope other results go there way. Will be a shame for Hillside if they get relegated as there 18s are sitting 2nd. If they go to div3 not many talented kids will play div3 so what does the future hold for them?? Anyway plenty of footy still to play out.
Maybe the edfl should look at running a separate grading system for the 18s so the best sides play each other & clubs don't lose there jnrs to the bigger clubs if they get relegated & this will help develop their own & hopefully clubs can push back up the divisions with home growns

Pretty physical game of footy up at Highgate yesterday.

Watching the Cloke boys run around was a highlight. Couple of very good marks and Jason probably should've taken an absolute hanger on the wing. Fletcher has a very good set of hands, and any club who becomes to focussed on Jason and Cameron will get burnt by this bloke. Pretty tight until 20min mark of 2nd where Craigieburn started getting on top.

Less said about the 15 minute period in the third quarter the better. Probably embarrassing for all involved (players, coaches and umpires). Will be interesting to see how the tribunal deals with it this week. Couple of ordinary comments from both benches in this period. I am glad my friend took her son home at half time.

Think I might make the trip to Douttas when Craigieburn play the Stars. Might see if AuckMel would like to meet at that game?

Unfortunately yesterday the EDFL witnessed something no-one ever wants to see on a footy field. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved at both the Northern Saints and Avondale Heights Football Clubs (especially the Northern Saints). Events like what occurred yesterday really put everything into perspective. R.I.P

Highgate is a terrific venue, however having both coaches benches so close together is concerning. There were times yesterday in that 3rd quarter scuffle that I thought both benches were going to come together which wouldn't have been a good look.

Think the umpires really need to start looking at the off the ball incidents. The treatment of Abdullah yesterday was disgraceful, I think number 2 from Craigieburn would be waking up this morning embarrassed by the incident.

In saying that, Craigieburn are a very good side and will be extremely hard to beat.

Tragic incident yesterday for the Saints, condolences to the club and family.

Think I might make the trip to Douttas when Craigieburn play the Stars. Might see if AuckMel would like to meet at that game?

If I'm there mate happy to catch up and have a chat.

Unfortunately yesterday the EDFL witnessed something no-one ever wants to see on a footy field. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved at both the Northern Saints and Avondale Heights Football Clubs (especially the Northern Saints). Events like what occurred yesterday really put everything into perspective. R.I.P

:thumbsu:

Lets not speak of the eye gouging and behind the play hits by Westmeadows yes I saw it up close so don't sling crap one way, only I spoke to number 2 after the game and he was not embarrassed . Number 2 was belted from behind a few times by Westy players .

Lets not speak of the eye gouging and behind the play hits by Westmeadows yes I saw it up close so don't sling crap one way, only I spoke to number 2 after the game and he was not embarrassed . Number 2 was belted from behind a few times by Westy players .
Number 2 for craigieburn is the dirtest player in divy 1. All he does his punch and elbow his opponent. Never gets the ball. The quicker the umpires work this out the better or one day the poor kids going to put in hospital from an ugly incident

U
Number 2 for craigieburn is the dirtest player in divy 1. All he does his punch and elbow his opponent. Never gets the ball. The quicker the umpires work this out the better or one day the poor kids going to put in hospital from an ugly incident
u r a clown I think if u watched the whole game u would have seen him get wacked many times and I am sure number 10 from west done the same thing to a craigieburn player all day this year and last year I am pretty sure number 2 got about 5 free kicks for west players wacking him so stop talking rubbish and talk about the good football the eagles r playing or head off too the circus were u belong

U

u r a clown I think if u watched the whole game u would have seen him get wacked many times and I am sure number 10 from west done the same thing to a craigieburn player all day this year and last year I am pretty sure number 2 got about 5 free kicks for west players wacking him so stop talking rubbish and talk about the good football the eagles r playing or head off too the circus were u belong

You think the reason he gets the free kicks because umpires only see the retelator. Wasn't at the westy game. But his used these tactics against other teams. Normally the oppositions best midfielder like shylo smith, Tom German, sharkie, etc.
But for what I hear it sounds like he step over the line yesterday

You think the reason he gets the free kicks because umpires only see the retelator. Wasn't at the westy game. But his used these tactics against other teams. Normally the oppositions best midfielder like shylo smith, Tom German, sharkie, etc.
But for what I hear it sounds like he step over the line yesterday

When you grab a guys arm while he is on the ground and chicken wing him and dislocate his shoulder and then start punching him in the shoulder while its dislocated is there any wonder why he got targeted after that ?

Likewise not the first incident I hear involving him.

I did hear last night that WFC may lodge an investigation with the league over it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back