EDFL moves Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who does the best players for the EDFL website? I

I have watched a few games this year and have noticed that those who get maned in the best differ to the opinion of those who watch the game.

Prime example is Abers games where it seems to be the same couple name in the best every week when clearly they aren't

Some clubs like to hide the best players from the papers, thinking that they might go unnoticed but most clubs have someone checking out the opposition.

Doutta started slow at glenroy yesterday but did it easy in cruise control from halftime. Credit to the roy's they did have a dip but just out of their depth in A grade.

I have watched a few games this year and have noticed that those who get maned in the best differ to the opinion of those who watch the game.

Prime example is Abers games where it seems to be the same couple name in the best every week when clearly they aren't

The results that appear on the EDFL website are concurrently and directly uploaded from the online program that clubs are directed to use from Sporting Pulse. The best players are usually selected by the Coaches and input into the system by the Team Managers, or the person responsible for entering them online.

Not always, but mostly what goes to the various media outlets (website, newspapers, radio show, footy record etc) will differ from the actual best and fairest votes recorded for any given match anyway and this can be attributed to an individual's personal preference. Not everyone is going to agree all of the time.

I said as much the other week when West Coburg played Abers. Whoever did their best was not watching the same game as me.

But its only an opinion and everyone has their own!!!

mmmm

Must be a concern at Abers ??

2 and 4 ??

Not the start they would have hoped for, was lots of talk preseason about the influence of Rioli and the value he would bring,

would have to be disappointed with the start ??

On the other hand seems the arch enemy DS is surprising a few, must be shittin abers to be below them ??

Interesting to note they have only conceded 430 points, 3rd lowest in the league and they have played 3 of the 4 top sides and gave GV and 10 to zip head start, must be a good bunch on up and coming young guys holding the back half together ??

But on the other hand, very low on the scores for, did Carey play on the weekend ?? need to get him firing up forward !!!

saw the jets again on the weekend. best player in the competition by an absolute country mile is Trav Jorgonson. does anyone dare say that there is a more valuable player in the edfl?

saw the jets again on the weekend. best player in the competition by an absolute country mile is Trav Jorgonson. does anyone dare say that there is a more valuable player in the edfl?

Heath Ayres from Marby is the best in Competition , he also won the best and fairest last year in Comp.

did Carey play on the weekend ?? need to get him firing up forward !!!

Heath Ayres is a very good player and would have to be right up there as best in the comp and EDFL Knowall its hard to say if Trav is the best as i guess most of us only watch our own teams maybe with the odd different game or two but he is definately a gun as is Kade when we can get him out on the park,he hasnt played the last couple so hopefully he plays this week against Avondale as its a very important game for us and hopefully we have 5 or 6 of our best returning to the side :D

On another note i was bitterly disapointed with Glenroys canteen,hadnt been up that way since playing back in the mid to late 90's and was looking forward to a Glenroy bakery pie but they had Gillies WTF??? MMMMmmmmmm Glenroy bakery :D

Carnt wait for the Marby Barby though Mick ;)

THE DREBSTER

Heath Ayres from Marby is the best in Competition , he also won the best and fairest last year in Comp.

heath ayres is a good player, and yes he did win the best in the comp. but adam cooney won the brownlow last year and i would hands down take ablett/judd/franklin ahead of him. jorgonsen is a key position player and a much more valuable player and harder to replace player than ayres. so for me its still jorgonsen by a mile.

mmmm

Must be a concern at Abers ??

2 and 4 ??

Not the start they would have hoped for, was lots of talk preseason about the influence of Rioli and the value he would bring,

would have to be disappointed with the start ??

On the other hand seems the arch enemy DS is surprising a few, must be shittin abers to be below them ??

Interesting to note they have only conceded 430 points, 3rd lowest in the league and they have played 3 of the 4 top sides and gave GV and 10 to zip head start, must be a good bunch on up and coming young guys holding the back half together ??

But on the other hand, very low on the scores for, did Carey play on the weekend ?? need to get him firing up forward !!!

It would seem the local derby "niggling" has commenced. Bragging rights available in 2 games time when they clash at Clifton Park. The Stars might even be a game clear by then if they get over AH this week and Abers lose to the Jets.

Doutta would be hoping Carey right whereas Abers the opposite. Also 2 former Bombers coaching against each to add a bit more spice to the game.

I agree 100% Jorgo is an absolute freak!! Also very versatile which has gotta count for something.

Jorgo hands down is the most valuable player in the competition. Can attack from any position on the ground and is probably the most damaging.

Heath Ayres is a very good player and would have to be right up there as best in the comp and EDFL Knowall its hard to say if Trav is the best as i guess most of us only watch our own teams maybe with the odd different game or two but he is definately a gun as is Kade when we can get him out on the park,he hasnt played the last couple so hopefully he plays this week against Avondale as its a very important game for us and hopefully we have 5 or 6 of our best returning to the side :D

On another note i was bitterly disapointed with Glenroys canteen,hadnt been up that way since playing back in the mid to late 90's and was looking forward to a Glenroy bakery pie but they had Gillies WTF??? MMMMmmmmmm Glenroy bakery :D

Carnt wait for the Marby Barby though Mick ;)

THE DREBSTER

It seems the Marby Barby is everybody favourite.

I had a long drive to Craigieburn on Saturday gone. Good to see nothing changed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if there is any truth to this but just heard that van reit has just got a job promotion that may take him out of the state for long periods of time and that he may leave Abers. Hopefully this isn't true especially with AD and fitzpatrick going down on the weekend.

Hey there Aber. Not sure about the Van Reit rumour.... pretty sure he does bar work but im not sure about a day job. Would be the first bloke to get a promotion and interstate travel for pulling pots id say. Where did this rumour start???

Hey there Aber. Not sure about the Van Reit rumour.... pretty sure he does bar work but im not sure about a day job. Would be the first bloke to get a promotion and interstate travel for pulling pots id say. Where did this rumour start???

I think he now works in the city in an office job. I heard it from a mate of his brothers at uni, so as i said i am not sure how truthful it is

WTF is going on with the EDFL results page......or is it just me?

Must be just you mindbender.

The EDFL results page (once you have accessed 'Results and Ladders') will show the edited version, ie. Full time scores of each match only.

Once you click on "Detailed Results" you are redirected to a login screen for the "My FootyWeb" program and you need to have registered to participate. That means you need an active email address in order to access the full detailed player results (Goalkickers and Best Players). If you do not register with My FootyWeb you will not be able to see any detailed results summary.

The EDFL results page (once you have accessed 'Results and Ladders') will show the edited version, ie. Full time scores of each match only.

Once you click on "Detailed Results" you are redirected to a login screen for the "My FootyWeb" program and you need to have registered to participate. That means you need an active email address in order to access the full detailed player results (Goalkickers and Best Players). If you do not register with My FootyWeb you will not be able to see any detailed results summary.
Must just be me as well....only result up there is Marbo vs Glenroy...and i am registered!!!!

Mmm I am registered with footy web and I can get the detailed results from the games where the scores are published but it's the rest of the scores I am looking for. Has something changed to the way they are being submitted....it seems as though each club has to upload them on to the web individually rather than in a batch....

Mmm I am registered with footy web and I can get the detailed results from the games where the scores are published but it's the rest of the scores I am looking for. Has something changed to the way they are being submitted....it seems as though each club has to upload them on to the web individually rather than in a batch....

That seems to be the case. It has only been like this the last couple of weeks since they changed the format on the internet.

Very very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back