EDFL moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Barnard the first big signing at the stars, signing as assistant coach. Good buzz down cooper street friday night from all reports, still no player signings tho! Sounds like the cash would be drying up very quickly down there, with barnes, carey and Ramsey reportedly all signing for big sums. Wouldnt imagine barnard helping out for his love of the game either....

Wouldnt get to excited yet mate.
Barnes- needs to prove himself ,his last stint at EK average.
Carey- a great player ,No 1 at DS.
Ramsey- personally I think is overatted and always sooking!, just a player.
Barnard- If playing and fit would be alright, although last time I saw him very over weight. Would be a good asset to Barnes as assistant.

From what I saw last year DS would need to recruit at least 6-8 good quality players to be up with Greenvale and Keilor, at least they are having a go!

Well Lance, if you think having a quick chat with the Craigieburn coach as being in talks 100 per cent, well you are correct, as he hasnt spoken to anyone elase associated with the club including the persident or recruiting guys. And according to the coach he is off to Mernda, unless Gav is sending out smoke screens to get every club of the scent.

I also heard they are chasing Former Craigieburn Junior, Rookie listed and VFL player Jamie Cann, would be a handy p/up for the eagles!! Heard they are speaking to Jason Dennis as well! Two Handy midfielders!!!

Spotted today Abers speaking to Rod Van reit whom they tried to recruite last year but couldnt get across the line.

Interesting to see what the players think after he trained and played a couple of praccy matches then went back to seymour after verbally agreeing to play there!

Very happy to announce that Aberfeldie FC have signed, sealed and secured Rodney Van Reit for 2009, 3 time premiership player with Seymour. And before you say 'we've heard that before' just like to point out that this time it is a contract and not verbal. Great effort!

And before anyone questions the bloke, should point out that he is leaving a club he's been with his entire life so it was not an easy decision.

Also, Douttas are keeping pretty quiet but plenty of recruiting to come from the boys at Buckley Park...the mining industry must really be struggling in WA;)

I also heard they are chasing Former Craigieburn Junior, Rookie listed and VFL player Jamie Cann, would be a handy p/up for the eagles!! Heard they are speaking to Jason Dennis as well! Two Handy midfielders!!!

Sage ?? - great pick up if true. handy left footer who has a booming kick!!! He will help you guys get the ball out of your backline

Cann?? - gun small on baller who will win you guys games and hit the bloke who is tagging him

Saliba - Will be like a new recruit as he missed last season with a knee

Well Done C/Burn!!!!

Lol thats a massive Lie Matt.

Paul hasnt spoken to Mernda and wouldnt bother. He is in talks with Craigieburn 100%.
They are spending up big.

ahh you have to love october footy talk !
How can you be so sure who paul is talking to or not talking to, i would have thought most players that are rated would be getting calls from clubs whether requested or not.
Lets see who fills the chairs and where when the music stops in march 2009
only 254,000 rumors to go till the season starts

only 254,000 rumors to go till the season starts[/quote]

Heard a funny one today, not footy related though. Don't know if true, but sounds weird.

Footy Show man - Matt "I love myself" Pilios from Marby Park, EVE nightclub owner Nick Russian and that madman Adam Dalton now own the FRINGE BAR in Flemington with North AFL player Shannon Grant and Ex Avondale Hts player Cain Liddle and apparently are set to spend a fortune renovating the entire place.

Interesting............

Paul Barnard the first big signing at the stars, signing as assistant coach. Good buzz down cooper street friday night from all reports, still no player signings tho! Sounds like the cash would be drying up very quickly down there, with barnes, carey and Ramsey reportedly all signing for big sums. Wouldnt imagine barnard helping out for his love of the game either....

Is it possible that Barnard be doing a number on his relation from Cashmore? Maybe some comming with him?

only 254,000 rumors to go till the season starts

Heard a funny one today, not footy related though. Don't know if true, but sounds weird.

Footy Show man - Matt "I love myself" Pilios from Marby Park, EVE nightclub owner Nick Russian and that madman Adam Dalton now own the FRINGE BAR in Flemington with North AFL player Shannon Grant and Ex Avondale Hts player Cain Liddle and apparently are set to spend a fortune renovating the entire place.

Interesting............[/quote]

Whats so funny about it mate ? and why is it weird ?
Dont understand your post!

Interesting............

Whats so funny about it mate ? and why is it weird ?
Dont understand your post![/quote]

JUST SEEING HOW THE CONNECTION IS FROM THAT BUNCH OF BLOKES, THAT'S ALL AND IF IT IS TRUE?

I AM TIPPING IT WILL BE THE NEW DRINKING PLACE OF THE E.D.F.L.

Very happy to announce that Aberfeldie FC have signed, sealed and secured Rodney Van Reit for 2009, 3 time premiership player with Seymour. And before you say 'we've heard that before' just like to point out that this time it is a contract and not verbal. Great effort!

And before anyone questions the bloke, should point out that he is leaving a club he's been with his entire life so it was not an easy decision.

:( Bugger :(

would be shattered of he left our club he is the best country footballer i have personally seen but with the recruits we have picked up this year apparently i can see him staying for one more year.

would be shattered of he left our club he is the best country footballer i have personally seen but with the recruits we have picked up this year apparently i can see him staying for one more year.[/quote

Havn't seen many country footballers then obviously
because in the past two year he has single handly kept our team in games and the bloke is only 5 ****in foot. its my opnion that hes one of the best players ive seen

Heard apw trying hard to lure swarez from abers . why would he leave a quality A grade side which will do well next year and play with a middle of the road B grade club full of w***ers? apw might be offering a couple dollars more
but cash aint everthing. heard he,s close mates with ryza edwards ,micky egan,steve mckee,no doubt those experienced boys will have a chat with him .

Heard apw trying hard to lure swarez from abers . why would he leave a quality A grade side which will do well next year and play with a middle of the road B grade club full of w***ers? apw might be offering a couple dollars more
but cash aint everthing. heard he,s close mates with ryza edwards ,micky egan,steve mckee,no doubt those experienced boys will have a chat with him .
Also heard Jason Pappin from Craigieburn heading that way - two others have already signed, Shaun Gordon and Chris Degiorgio.

Jules ain't going anywhere - FACT!

Nothing to worry about - he's a star in the making and will carry Abers through the next few years. One of the best set of hands i've seen in local footy!

He loves the club and enjoyed his footy this year.

ash flavel singed at paccoe :thumbsu:

what is this?? chase the cash??

what ever happened to him returning to east keilor 2 years ago after commencing pre season there...?

So who is favourite for the presidency down at the cougars??

what ever happened to east keilor after they were such a dominant force before the Keogh era??

I know that at this time of year Abers claims to have recruited "Big" names and predicts massive things to come only to fail, but surely with the amount of talented juniors we have coming through and the signings of Barham and Van reit so far surely we must be in good stead to at least improve on last years effort.

JACANA FOOTBALL CLUB 2009 DETAILS:

COACH: Patrick O'Neil

PRESEASON: November 17 @ 6PM - Jacana Reserve

Anyone interested in playing, supporting or volunteering should come down!!

Say what you want, but people should be aware of Jacana Football Club in 2009.

Exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back