EDFL Premier Division 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Went out to Coburg to watch 1st half of West Coburg v Pacco. Ground in excellent condition and the viewing is first rate. Great decision by WC to use this facility. The social rooms were full of women for a function.

On the game Pacco just to much talent for a young WC. Went out to 1/4 time huddle and Digby straight into the WC players in the huddle. Gee he was going off about their effort. Very passionate coach but it was loud and very direct..

Bit one sided and Polizzi had 5 to 1/2 time.

Should be a ripper game v Douttas next Sat but if Douttas lose Clarke they will be short on height. Will Matt Eagles be released from Nth Ball VFL??

IF Douttas beat Pacco and Marby beat Keilor all 4 teams fighting for 3rd & 4th will be equal on points going into the last round.
IF Pacco beat Douttas then Pacco end up 3rd and reckon Greenvale probably sneak into 4th.

Great season as Avondale although 9th are still a decent team.

Was not carded or reported he was sent off for the blood rule

Keilor and douttas two were at each other, nothing much but stars player got it in the guts winded, Clarkey run in to fly flag, got blocked, copped it high, umpire there, no action from anyone around. Till douttas supporters blew up at 3/4 time.

Noone involved violent, all ball players, unfortunately clarkey copped it, bad luck?? Good guy, ball player, victim of circumstances??

One would hope that that after the investigation the EDS players give this cowardly cheap shot artist from Keilor no help whatsoever at the tribunal ....... An absolute low act from all reports ... Disgusting

Keilor and douttas two were at each other, nothing much but stars player got it in the guts winded, Clarkey run in to fly flag, got blocked, copped it high, umpire there, no action from anyone around. Till douttas supporters blew up at 3/4 time.

Noone involved violent, all ball players, unfortunately clarkey copped it, bad luck?? Good guy, ball player, victim of circumstances??
If you call a round house clenched fist from behind the EDS player to the right side of his jaw causing numorous breaks "a victim of circumstance" you need ur head read.. Charges are most definetly being laid when the dust settles. what happened on the field was not circumstance.. it was assault, a cowards punch, nothing more nothing less and will be treated as such. If what happened yesterday happened on the street the bloke would be getting a spell in a cell. It was seen by numerous people...i know which player it was and so do many others.. lets not throw everyones names into this.. the guy knows who he is and will receive something from police shortly i would imagine.

If you call a round house clenched fist from behind the EDS player to the right side of his jaw causing numorous breaks "a victim of circumstance" you need ur head read.. Charges are most definetly being laid when the dust settles. what happened on the field was not circumstance.. it was assault, a cowards punch, nothing more nothing less and will be treated as such. If what happened yesterday happened on the street the bloke would be getting a spell in a cell. It was seen by numerous people...i know which player it was and so do many others.. lets not throw everyones names into this.. the guy knows who he is and will receive something from police shortly i would imagine.
I have said it before it takes a very deranged individual to intentionality hit someone from behind knowing full well what they are about to do is going to cause damage. League's around the country need to take a stance on this type of behavior. Whether it is in junior or senior football a life ban should be enforced if the person is found guilty. If i had a son who was king hit behind play with any punch I would take it legal 100%. I hope the lad is okay and i hope the league holds the alleged to account and has the book thrown at him.

Given 3 different numbers have been mentioned, lets just leave it at "someone" until next week when hopefully charges are laid.

I'm sure KFC know who this someone coward is and should give him up to the Edfl as there is no place for this cowardly act in football or society. My view is that the Edfl have to have an enquiry and mete out an appropriate sentence. If KFC don't want to participate in this enquiry then they should be subject to severe penalties as well. Simon was our best player yesterday but sadly this cowards punch has probably ended him playing again.

I'm sure KFC know who this someone coward is and should give him up to the Edfl as there is no place for this cowardly act in football or society. My view is that the Edfl have to have an enquiry and mete out an appropriate sentence. If KFC don't want to participate in this enquiry then they should be subject to severe penalties as well. Simon was our best player yesterday but sadly this cowards punch has probably ended him playing again.

Ring Mick on his radio program and I bet he will say he didn't see it and wont comment.

A few things to consider when the EDFL tribunal deliver a penalty.
1 Is the perpetrator an ex AFL player as that means a reduction.
2 Does he play for Keilor? another reduction
3 Is he required for rep game? that is also a reduction from the Edfl tribunal.

So if he ticks all those boxes he will probably get off.

Where is Deefer in all this conversation as his the Keilor big footy spokesman..His gone quite..

Hope Douttas do a Keilor and dob in the player and he gets plenty. They tried to out someone from an opposition club for a lot less than this. Karma, always come back to bite you.

Rarely do you see this stuff in EDFL premier let alone a fight. Its a clean competition so the league won't like the attention. Plus Clarke is a ball player and very fair, so doesn't deserve this at all, let alone anyone else.

Someone mentioned Jenson was also hit. What's with that also, as young Jenson is a talented ball player. He doesn't deserve to be hit just because his talented & young.

Question: Why do things occur behind play? Is it someone with less ability trying to constantly niggle a good player off the ball. This really shits me!! I even see some junior coaches employ these tactics. Total fools with no idea!! Let the good players showcase their talents and put an equally good player on them and let them battle it out each contest.

I remember the Keilor v Pacco game and seeing a great contest between Galea (K) v Arnold (P). Both playing the ball and fair one on one marking duels. Loved the contest.,

Coincedence that the 2 players that got hit were integral in EDS getting back into game in 3rd qtr. Clarke had been one of EDS best to this point and had given Burke a football lesson. KFC coward needs the letter of the law both from a league/common law perspective thrown at him, he has probably ended the career of a talented and respected player, no one deserves this type of thuggery. The earlier hit on Jensen was reportable, yet the 2 umpires in the area did nothing apart from moving the mark away from where Jensen was lying on the ground. One would hope that these acts weren't orchestrated from KFC bench!!

Have just heard that Simon's jaw is broken in four places. He'll be over the moon when he hears he was just a victim of circumstance and the coward who hit him from behind is not violent. If Keilor people want to downplay thuggery then this poor behaviour will continue and supporters like you well what can you say......

Has been described to me by witnesses that it was very similar to what Greg Williams did to David Rhys - Jones which also resulted in a broken jaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given there's a chance that the authorities may become involved in this - I'd recommend keeping quiet on the matter, especially if you weren't witness to it.
In all though, it's sad to hear of incidents such as this, all the best to Clarkey with his recovery.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Where is Deefer in all this conversation as his the Keilor big footy spokesman..His gone quite..

Hope Douttas do a Keilor and dob in the player and he gets plenty. They tried to out someone from an opposition club for a lot less than this. Karma, always come back to bite you.

Rarely do you see this stuff in EDFL premier let alone a fight. Its a clean competition so the league won't like the attention. Plus Clarke is a ball player and very fair, so doesn't deserve this at all, let alone anyone else.

Someone mentioned Jenson was also hit. What's with that also, as young Jenson is a talented ball player. He doesn't deserve to be hit just because his talented & young.

Question: Why do things occur behind play? Is it someone with less ability trying to constantly niggle a good player off the ball. This really shits me!! I even see some junior coaches employ these tactics. Total fools with no idea!! Let the good players showcase their talents and put an equally good player on them and let them battle it out each contest.

I remember the Keilor v Pacco game and seeing a great contest between Galea (K) v Arnold (P). Both playing the ball and fair one on one marking duels. Loved the contest.,
Cannot comment on this as I am not in country. Actually just back in the hotel after dinner. I have spoken to a few Keilor people, but will not make any sort of comments about the incident based on hearsay input. I will state that I do not condone this sort of act no matter which club is involved. Not acceptable in any form! As far as Doutta's "dobbing" at the tribunal, my expectation of all parties is that they will relay events as they happened. Unlike you Turbo, I do not expect the parties to collude in any way to mitigate/minimise the issue.

Cannot comment on this as I am not in country. Actually just back in the hotel after dinner. I have spoken to a few Keilor people, but will not make any sort of comments about the incident based on hearsay input. I will state that I do not condone this sort of act no matter which club is involved. Not acceptable in any form! As far as Doutta's "dobbing" at the tribunal, my expectation of all parties is that they will relay events as they happened. Unlike you Turbo, I do not expect the parties to collude in any way to mitigate/minimise the issue.

Hey Deefer my old mate, not sure I believe you, but for you not to respond in defense of your beloved Keilor I can only guess it's going to be a bad ending for Keilor player.

Not sure if you have played the game or been to the tribunal as a player, but in most cases (even AFL) players look after players unless it's a low dirty act mostly from behind. So that was my whole point..

If what people are saying on here is true, I only hope he gets the full punishment as these incidents should never occur in any sport.
I wish Clarkey a speedy recovery and hope we haven't seen the last of him as a player..

If legal charges are to be laid then no tribunal hearing can go ahead. Silly, but evidence cannot be given on the matter twice. Douttas, or Clarke for that matter, need to make a decision. If edfl investigation goes ahead with evidence on the matter heard, then no legalities can be taken.

It depends on how a club handles a situation. In respect to what you are saying is true. A disgusting coward hit. The player was removed from the ground immediately. Told to shower. Leave and is no longer welcome. The coach and captain immediately after the game entered the opposition rooms and publicly apologized for the appalling gutless act. The mother of the poor bloke was encouraged to take legal action. Tumble weeds have come from Mick Mguone!

jeez douttas are good at whinging! Only couple of years back they had a player suspended for 28 weeks!!!
It depends on how a club handles a situation. In respect to what you are saying is true. A disgusting coward hit. The player was removed from the ground immediately. Told to shower. Leave and is no longer welcome. The coach and captain immediately after the game entered the opposition rooms and publicly apologized for the appalling gutless act. The mother of the poor bloke was encouraged to take legal action. Tumble weeds have come from Mick Mguone!

In most major country leagues all senior games are video taped and any incidents can be referred to an independent official who has the authority to make a report of the incident and the video footage used as evidence. This was happening in the Geelong League 5 years ago, not sure why EDFL has taken so long to implement something similar as surely the cost would be minimal and I would imagine most of the bigger clubs would already be filming matches.

But like most things progressive with football the EDFL is always slow to the party.

Firstly let me wish Clarke a speedy recovery, under no circumstances do you wish anyone this type of injury. Can anyone add to the Umpire reports of Wallis (half time) & an EDS guy named Mark (3/4 time)? Seems the EDS bench was well & truly wound up - one questions whether this had some effect on the players? Can confirm a Keilor player left the ground under blood rule and another was sent off at start of last quarter for wearing some type of jewellery (automatic 1 week penalty). Keilor do not video every game. Didn't see the incident so cant comment.

In most major country leagues all senior games are video taped and any incidents can be referred to an independent official who has the authority to make a report of the incident and the video footage used as evidence. This was happening in the Geelong League 5 years ago, not sure why EDFL has taken so long to implement something similar as surely the cost would be minimal and I would imagine most of the bigger clubs would already be filming matches.

But like most things progressive with football the EDFL is always slow to the party.
Agree 100%. The EDFL are extremely slow in implementing anything new or innovative and will always hide behind the cost factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back