EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch out for the Northern Saints. True, they do not have the high priced and big name players of the other premier division clubs but the 'Saints are training like a real finals prospect. A champion team will beat a team of champions!

Northern Saints have no chance of making the finals they need to concentrate on competing against the better sides on a more consistent basis. Lost a heap of quality but have recruited some good young kids that will take time to develop into good premier footballers. I like there approach in going after good kids and trying to build a side over the next few seasons.

E="My North, post: 37265872, member: 5049"]who are the 2 sides not playing finals?[/QUOTE]
Well we haven't heard much about West Coburg & APW on here & according to Kaboose the Saints are flying

I just think Northern have lost too many and will take the drop back to div 1, although I hope they prove me wrong.

The bottom 4 will be very tight between West Coburg, Northern Saints, Marbi, and Airport West. I thin the Saints may just hold on as the Caruso brothers will prove to be the difference against the bottom sides.

My ladder predictions are as follows:

Strathmore
Greenvale
Abbers
Avondale Heights
Pacco
Keilor
Airport West
Northern Saints
Marbi
West Coburg

Ladder will be split into two parts top 6 very even & bottom 4 very even.

My ladder predictions are as follows:

Strathmore
Greenvale
Abbers
Avondale Heights
Pacco
Keilor
Airport West
Northern Saints
Marbi
West Coburg

Ladder will be split into two parts top 6 very even & bottom 4 very even.

Bit of a fruitless exercise, there isn't a comp anywhere, that the top half doesn't beat the bottom half, but we all like to predict the ladder, your top 3 yeh, I believe Keilor or Pacco will round out the 4.

Bit of a fruitless exercise, there isn't a comp anywhere, that the top half doesn't beat the bottom half, but we all like to predict the ladder, your top 3 yeh, I believe Keilor or Pacco will round out the 4.
Hey "Sickofthecrap" you should be really happy no one has posted anything for nearly 3 days :D:D:D

Hey! The 2015 EDFL season is almost upon us, there doesn't seem to be to much conversation on here detailing which clubs have prospered over the pre season and which clubs have floundered. Would be interested to hear some educated opinions on which clubs will be soaring in 2015! and which clubs will be nose diving!

Hey! The 2015 EDFL season is almost upon us, there doesn't seem to be to much conversation on here detailing which clubs have prospered over the pre season and which clubs have floundered. Would be interested to hear some educated opinions on which clubs will be soaring in 2015! and which clubs will be nose diving!

Reckon it will be much of the same, expect Greenvale to bounce back, Avondale to go backwards and i would think the top 5 of Strathmore, Abers, Greenvale, Keilor, Pacco would have a bit of a gap to the rest and Northern Saints and APW to battle it out for relegation.

Reckon it will be much of the same, expect Greenvale to bounce back, Avondale to go backwards and i would think the top 5 of Strathmore, Abers, Greenvale, Keilor, Pacco would have a bit of a gap to the rest and Northern Saints and APW to battle it out for relegation.

I would add West Coburg & Marbi in the battle for relegation. Top 6 sides can finish in order (Strathmore, Greenvale, Pacco, Avondale, Kelior and Abbers) and bottom 4 can also finish in any order (Airport West, Marbi, Saints and West). It will be a close finish for the top 4 and relegation. As I said in my previous post I think the Caruso brothers will be the difference against the bottom sides, both jets.

Surely some of the clubs in the EDFL Premier Division have made some positive changes to their environment as they embark on the 2015 season, as a keen football follower things become a little boring when you continue to get much of the same, year after year!

If you always do what you have always done!
You will always get what you have always got!

Any educated thoughts on positive changes that may have happened within the inner sanctum of Premier Division clubs to help ensure there will be a number of challengers come the pointy end of the season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my observations, there have been significant changes from 2014.
Keilor and Pacco have recruited significantly
Greenvale, new coach should see them pressing for finals again
Abers, new coach along with some big ins.
Mores added a few
Marbi's list also improved
AH and APW Not so sure they'll have great seasons
NS and WC unsure
One things for is certain, if you're not on your game you'll get beat, it's that close IMO.

Look Jake Thomas is not up to premier league. His a space cadet., won't kick a goal in premier.
Luke Wilson will struggle in premier league but will at least have a crack.
Surely Marby are not paying these players.
Is Stephen "gumby" Gamble at Marby as well? His another player that is past his best and not up to premier league., great bloke and was a good player but better suited in a lower division..

From my observations, there have been significant changes from 2014.
Keilor and Pacco have recruited significantly
Greenvale, new coach should see them pressing for finals again
Abers, new coach along with some big ins.
Mores added a few
Marbi's list also improved
AH and APW Not so sure they'll have great seasons
NS and WC unsure
One things for is certain, if you're not on your game you'll get beat, it's that close IMO.

That is a fairly broad response with a distinct lack of informative information, just seems to be a self opiniated posting with fairly general comments.

I was really hoping for an educated posting from posters who could actually share some informative information from within the inner sanctum of their very own club including names of new coaches, recruits and departures so impartial people like myself can actually form their own opinion as to which clubs have made positive changes to their environment during the off season.

Keen reader keen to read some educated postings re positive changes to Premier Division teams.

That is a fairly broad response with a distinct lack of informative information, just seems to be a self opiniated posting with fairly general comments.

I was really hoping for an educated posting from posters who could actually share some informative information from within the inner sanctum of their very own club including names of new coaches, recruits and departures so impartial people like myself can actually form their own opinion as to which clubs have made positive changes to their environment during the off season.

Keen reader keen to read some educated postings re positive changes to Premier Division teams.

Interesting previews from EDFL and not everyone will agree but it includes details of player movements within the clubs. So far only Abers and Avondale previewed with prediction that both will make top 3. More previews to come.

Look Jake Thomas is not up to premier league. His a space cadet., won't kick a goal in premier.
Luke Wilson will struggle in premier league but will at least have a crack.
Surely Marby are not paying these players.
Is Stephen "gumby" Gamble at Marby as well? His another player that is past his best and not up to premier league., great bloke and was a good player but better suited in a lower division..

You are aware that premier division sides have reserves right ?

First it's the Cain Ackland comment and now this. Your sounding more stupid with every comment you make.

Are you taking the piss or is this muppet response for real ?
In the time it took you to write this you could've scrolled through the previous pages and gathered enough info to form your " Own Opinion ". Add to that, a visit to the clearances page on the Edfl website would've probably helped.

First it's the Cain Ackland comment and now this. Your sounding more stupid with every comment you make.

I'm well aware that premier have reserves just making comment. I'm not bagging these guys just giving my opinion as a lot of talk on these forums is about which clubs have recruited what players. It appears you are saying they are there to play reserve footy.. If they are at Marby then surely there not there to play reserves as Thomas and Wilson are still under 30.
I think Chris Kolaroutis (yes spelling is not right) has also gone back there from Parkside. His the most skilful out of them all and when he played at Marby a few years ago he was in & out of the seniors.. It's a very good competition, but I'm sure your aware of that Weeney..

To my knowledge Parkside has not yet announced a coach have they? My contact is still confident that Cain Ackland has agreed to terms with Parkside as long as they can guarantee player numbers. What have you been told if you think I'm wrong..

Good talking to you Weeney..

PS: I actually like Marby Park. Very good club heading in the right direction again..

Had a little bit to do with turbo recently and can attest to him having quite a few connections in the local footy world... And is a genuinely good bloke that goes out of his way to help people and clubs where he hasn't had any obligation to do so

In regards to his bigfooty contributions he's been a bit of breathe of fresh air around her... Always trying to generate actual footy discussion never heading down the standard bigfooty procedure of getting into shitfights

Keep up the posting turbo

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back