EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Turbos tips round 3

GREENVALE over West Coburg by 90pts
MARBY over Nth Saints by 72pts
STRATHMORE over Airport West by 100pts
ABERS over Avondale by 45pts
PACCO over Keilor by 66pts

Some big margins I reckon, depending on weather conditions.

Can Avondale be competitive under lights in conditions that might level the playing field a bit, maybe??

Keilor will be wanting to get back on the winners list at home, but the Pacco juggernaut will continue for another week.

Greenvale V West Coburg
Too much class will see Greenvale prevail in this contest west Coburg will be super competitive in the contests this season and will not be easy beats! West Coburg will be in most games but due to the quality comparison I think they will get beaten comfortably. Greenvale by 47 points.

Marby Park V Northern Saints.
The last time these teams met it was a draw. Since then both teams have gone in different directions. Marby under the Costello guidance have improve with some key players signing and also coming back to the club. Northern Saints it couldn't get worse losing a Caruso brother unfortunately they could be on the end of some Bealtings the Northern saints boys. Marby by 97 points.

Strathmore V Airport West
2 seasons ago airport west made finals at the expense of the mores but 2 years on there worlds are miles apart. Strathmore have started slowly but sit 2-1 airport west besides the first quarter against Keillor haven't fired a shot. Strath mores toughness around the contest and ability to have arrow smith and Mitchell and iaccabouci Allison staudt these guys provide to much quality along with there powerful forwards

Aberfeldie V Avondale Heights
Avondale have been nothing short of terrible. This will be tight early as abers had a massive win last week and Avondale will have heaps to prove. Although I do think there is a bit of a stealy resolve about abers this season after there display against Greenvale. Abers midfield will dominate the day Oswald lynch blackwell McLean cravin allan rush cubillo. Reimers kefford mcnamara forward. Stars everywhere abers by 42 points

Keilor V Pascoe Vale
Sunday football at Keilor could be a blow out. Personally I don't think Keilor are that good. They had an underdog win against Keilor beat airport west and lost from 8 goals up to marby. Pascoe vale are the real deal on the back of Ross x2 warren pollizi urquhart Harris vespremi. Too many good players expecting a massive win by the black and red. Pascoe Vale 56 points

You certainly have some pull Turbos mail ..... Just had a look at the website and it's been updated .... someone has been asleep on the job ,also round one's results weren't in the paper ...... Not good enough .....your right the NFL site is a long way in front. People are getting paid to run the league .... On field the standard is rising but we are let down by things like this
Agree...NFL post team selections ins and outs, match previews and summaries. .EDFL site miles behind

Agree...NFL post team selections ins and outs, match previews and summaries. .EDFL site miles behind

I reckon they should employ someone to improve the edfl site and even offer this person to clubs to update there web sites for a small fee if they wish. There would be some person willing to do this and the cost would be minimal as its a part time thing maybe suited to a Uni student or retired computer expert. Could this person attend 2 halves of footy each Sat and provide a neutral report of the game maybe.
Cmon EDFL get with the times!!

I reckon they should employ someone to improve the edfl site and even offer this person to clubs to update there web sites for a small fee if they wish. There would be some person willing to do this and the cost would be minimal as its a part time thing maybe suited to a Uni student or retired computer expert. Could this person attend 2 halves of footy each Sat and provide a neutral report of the game maybe.
Give them a break Turbo , they have only just worked out that it might be beneficial to grade juniors.Now their special projects department is trying to work out how a final five finals system might work. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Give them a break Turbo , they have only just worked out that it might be beneficial to grade juniors.Now their special projects department is trying to work out how a final five finals system might work. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Mate can't talk long as going to pick up my tee shirt order with the words "Vote 1 - EDFL Big Footy Turbo's Mail" and then going to be walking around Abers Sat night and Keilor Sunday drumming up support. I'm heading into the EDFL offices on Monday to get them moving..Lol

Any back onto the footy, GO PACCO

Popped into Pacco last night to watch a bit of training but got roped into digging holes behind the goals in preperation for the posts & netting, as the local residents are concerned about the increased number of footys coming into there front yards every second Saturday. Then after all the digging (and a few beers) I had to line up to get a Pacco Hoodie. I got the last one!!
I hear the black & red army is building...

All in good humour boys..

Isnt there already a media manager employed full time in the EDFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate can't talk long as going to pick up my tee shirt order with the words "Vote 1 - EDFL Big Footy Turbo's Mail" and then going to be walking around Abers Sat night and Keilor Sunday drumming up support. I'm heading into the EDFL offices on Monday to get them moving..Lol

Any back onto the footy, GO PACCO

Popped into Pacco last night to watch a bit of training but got roped into digging holes behind the goals in preperation for the posts & netting, as the local residents are concerned about the increased number of footys coming into there front yards every second Saturday. Then after all the digging (and a few beers) I had to line up to get a Pacco Hoodie. I got the last one!!
I hear the black & red army is building...

All in good humour boys..

Do you actually have anything to do with Pacco - I'm tipping you're throwing off....

Agree with you on the website - am I blind as I can't see any reference to Anzac Day matches and the significance of the day...

Some big quarter time margins already. I know nothing is going to happen but something should, as its a bit embrassing for our league and could lead to on field trouble in the later part of the season..I hope the league is watching closely.
It's a credit to the sides doing well as long as stick to their budgets and playing some of their junior products. Have the other clubs got a plan moving forward for attracting income, supporters, coaching staff, players and a good junior program???

Should we have an 8 team premier comp?

I don't agree with a salary cap or points system as the league really have some quality players which drags in supporters, sponsors etc. Its also great for younger players to learn off..

Some big quarter time margins already. I know nothing is going to happen but something should, as its a bit embrassing for our league and could lead to on field trouble in the later part of the season..I hope the league is watching closely.
It's a credit to the sides doing well as long as stick to their budgets and playing some of their junior products. Have the other clubs got a plan moving forward for attracting income, supporters, coaching staff, players and a good junior program???

Should we have an 8 team premier comp?

I don't agree with a salary cap or points system as the league really have some quality players which drags in supporters, sponsors etc. Its also great for younger players to learn off..

Furthermore div1 is see Douttas beating most teams by big margins..

Bad start for Northern but they won the last 3 quarters to "only" go down 115 to 148.

CDa6CEHWgAE4LV7.jpg:large

Went along in horrible weather to watch an entertaining game between MARBY and northern. Marby shot out of the blocks to a huge lead early, but credit to Northern for sticking at it and avoiding a 100+ loss. But that's where the credit for Northern ends unfortunately. I've watched them as they have have come thru B Grade to premier and the one thing that doesn't change is their ability to snipe and cheap shot whoever is standing near them. Wasnt a great advert for the edfl today.

Went along in horrible weather to watch an entertaining game between MARBY and northern. Marby shot out of the blocks to a huge lead early, but credit to Northern for sticking at it and avoiding a 100+ loss. But that's where the credit for Northern ends unfortunately. I've watched them as they have have come thru B Grade to premier and the one thing that doesn't change is their ability to snipe and cheap shot whoever is standing near them. Wasnt a great advert for the edfl today.

Fawkner does as Fawkner is.

Good to see Northern off the bottom of the ladder and again only 2 games out of the top 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back