EDFL Premier Division

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Hutchy, you obviously follow Abers yeah?? Let's clear up one thing that you need to clearly understand. I don't agree with players switching clubs in the same league either, BUT it depends on the situation. They didn't leave on bad terms and came with the outgoing APW coach. They did spend a number of years there and helped them get to premier and be competitive when they went up. Other than these players I can't recall others from the same league!!
Let's not forget Abers approached Browne while he was contracted to Keilor a few years back with a "huge" offer to swap clubs but he stayed on at Keilor. This is NOT good in my opinion, and creates angst amongst clubs.

Please don't criticise Pacco for trying to improve and give there supporters and club some enjoyment in winning some games, and putting out a competitive side. Sides like Abers, Strathmore, Greenvale etc started all this and have been, and continue to, spend big and get the "big"names, so Pacco are just trying to compete and have a crack for the first time in a while. It's building a base for the future of the club. A successful Pacco is good for the league as having another strong club can only benefit the competition. They are a good club with a strong culture just like the majority of premier clubs.

What's the alternative, let's all roll over and let Abers, Strathmore etc dominate every year..
I'm not sure anyone is having a go at them for having a crack.
Taking any semblance of bias out of the situation - the more clubs capable of winning the premiership the better.
I believe what has irked people on a number of occasions is that you tend to spin Pacos recruits as if it has been their life long dream to play for Paco, whilst talking down about other clubs for recruiting.
Fact is Paco above all else have bought a side, which is certainly well within their right and it has brought them to the point of premiership contention so it's doubtful anyone could say that it is the wrong decision.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I'll take that long winded ramble as an acknowledgement that you are doing exactly what Abers are doing.

1. If your using their blueprint then maybe (just maybe) lay off the criticism or embrace the before mentioned dill tag
3. Have you seen a Pacco player doing anything where "they need to watch their back". If so document their names and number on here

I'll take that long winded ramble as an acknowledgement that you are doing exactly what Abers are doing.

1. If your using their blueprint then maybe (just maybe) lay off the criticism or embrace the before mentioned dill tag
3. Have you seen a Pacco player doing anything where "they need to watch their back". If so document their names and number on here

Cmon Hutchy, your being a bit silly on here but you did cop some criticism on here some time back and you didn't reappear for a while. I might ramble on but at least I provide some conversation. What have you given the BF fans? What game did you go and watch today?

At least BlueJet replies in a manner that I can accept and take on board.

With regards to my comments on one player I didn't think it was untoward and actually wrapped him up with his efforts for a younger player. It was nothing to serious as per my comments, and this forum is shared by footy supporters so take it for what it's worth.

Hutchy, me and you don't seem to get along and so be it. I suppose you use some words I don't like but we move on.

Who do you follow anyway..

Hey Hutchy, you obviously follow Abers yeah?? Let's clear up one thing that you need to clearly understand. I don't agree with players switching clubs in the same league either, BUT it depends on the situation. They didn't leave on bad terms and came with the outgoing APW coach. They did spend a number of years there and helped them get to premier and be competitive when they went up. Other than these players I can't recall others from the same league!!
Let's not forget Abers approached Browne while he was contracted to Keilor a few years back with a "huge" offer to swap clubs but he stayed on at Keilor. This is NOT good in my opinion, and creates angst amongst clubs.

Please don't criticise Pacco for trying to improve and give there supporters and club some enjoyment in winning some games, and putting out a competitive side. Sides like Abers, Strathmore, Greenvale etc started all this and have been, and continue to, spend big and get the "big"names, so Pacco are just trying to compete and have a crack for the first time in a while. It's building a base for the future of the club. A successful Pacco is good for the league as having another strong club can only benefit the competition. They are a good club with a strong culture just like the majority of premier clubs.

What's the alternative, let's all roll over and let Abers, Strathmore etc dominate every year..
Think the constant point trying to be made turbo is your very hypocritical with what u say, theres nothing wrong with any club recruiting players at all but for some reason (bias) you cry foul when others fork out cash for recruits and ramble on about playing kids etc but when pacco do it its all good and a great get for the club and they not coming for money but because of the jumper and where the club is heading! Please turbo.... Theres always a good reason for them to come to pacco but not if anyone goes to another club. You would of been on hear defending pacco if they landed gus graham and been over the moon about it an rambled on about it not being for money. I wonder if even you believe some of the things u say on here

Think the constant point trying to be made turbo is your very hypocritical with what u say, theres nothing wrong with any club recruiting players at all but for some reason (bias) you cry foul when others fork out cash for recruits and ramble on about playing kids etc but when pacco do it its all good and a great get for the club and they not coming for money but because of the jumper and where the club is heading! Please turbo.... Theres always a good reason for them to come to pacco but not if anyone goes to another club. You would of been on hear defending pacco if they landed gus graham and been over the moon about it an rambled on about it not being for money. I wonder if even you believe some of the things u say on here

Ok Bissa, but I'm sure you all get my point and understand that Pacco cannot compete with the "big" clubs like Abers in bidding wars so need to promote our club and hope the player is not purely chasing the highest offer. Some players like to play against these teams and try to win against the odds. That's more my point!! Whether you guys agree or believe in this is really up to you but it's true!!
The other point is we could do with one more tall like a Graham, but there is no chance we could get close to his asking price.

So in closing out this subject as its boring people, is that everyone is out to beat the favourites Abers. I'm sure whoever plays them in the GF will have the support of the neutral supporter following the underdog.

For the record I don't dislike Abers and think there a well run club with passionate supporters & club people. But I do recall some people there thinking GA was going to far when he was at Marby, however they have been kind of doing the same thing for a few years now with regards to outgoing payments. But those Marby players did play for each other and were a strong core which held them in good stead come finals.

Anyway I'm going to take a break for a few days boys. Appreciate all replies (well not sure about Hutchy Lol) and all the best.

*would be good to hear some feedback on the weekend games from people on here. It's pretty quite!! The EDFL web site really needs to improve as its gone downhill from previous years...

Was going to take a break but heard some news today floating around VFL circles. The VFL will completely change from season 2017 with all AFL sides (incl interstate) fielding a reserve team plus Williamstown & Port Melb in a newly revamped VFL competition.
Don't think their will be a second tier level and no development league. The TAC cup will be the curtain raiser to some games. IE: Western Jets will play before Williamstown home games.

Big possibility of:
1- West Coburg taking over Coburgs City Oval and even maybe changing there name to Coburg.

2- Nth Melb going to play out of Greenvale and take over 1 of the grounds. I'm guessing they are already involved in a lot of changes down there..

Clubs like Coburg, Frankston etc are struggling to stay afloat each year and the aligned clubs are just being taken over. Preston mostly wearing Carlton colours and playing some games at visy park so slowly taking over anyway..

Was going to take a break but heard some news today floating around VFL circles. The VFL will completely change from season 2017 with all AFL sides (incl interstate) fielding a reserve team plus Williamstown & Port Melb in a newly revamped VFL competition.
Don't think their will be a second tier level and no development league. The TAC cup will be the curtain raiser to some games. IE: Western Jets will play before Williamstown home games.

Big possibility of:
1- West Coburg taking over Coburgs City Oval and even maybe changing there name to Coburg.

2- Nth Melb going to play out of Greenvale and take over 1 of the grounds. I'm guessing they are already involved in a lot of changes down there..

Clubs like Coburg, Frankston etc are struggling to stay afloat each year and the aligned clubs are just being taken over. Preston mostly wearing Carlton colours and playing some games at visy park so slowly taking over anyway..

Think you have been smoking the wacky tapky at pacco isn't in the Afl master plan I have received the only restructuring that will happen is player points system and salary cap that will take place from next year statewide

Think you have been smoking the wacky tapky at pacco isn't in the Afl master plan I have received the only restructuring that will happen is player points system and salary cap that will take place from next year statewide

Mate not sure who you are but it's happening and AFL clubs already planning. Footscray, Geelong, Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood already have their own sides and St Kilda, Nth Melb already told their alfiliated clubs they are going alone in 2017. The rest will follow.

Wake up mate. Richmond invested in Highgate Reserve and then Coburg but they were both bad decisions and now playing at Punt Rd as Richmond.

I think I'm more knowledgable on these issues than you. Your just reading the points system for local footy for next year. The majority of VFL clubs aligned with AFL clubs are only surviving with AFL money and it's not working. The only successful aligned VFL club is Box Hill but Hawthorn have plans to move to a new base so they will be alone as well from 2017.

How long do you think teams like Coburg can go on for? They really struggled to get sponsors on board. Go out to Williamstown & Port Melb and compare the facilities against a Coburg, Preston etc. New rooms, grounds redone, electronic scoreboards etc.

Well you believe what you want to believe!!

The other point is we could do with one more tall like a Graham, but there is no chance we could get close to his asking price.

Anyway I'm going to take a break for a few days boys. Appreciate all replies (well not sure about Hutchy Lol) and all the best.
Seems you have a short memory. A few weeks ago you were telling us that ex AFL players had "plenty of money", and that it was the ex VFL boys demanding big dollars. Graham is a veteran of 25 AFL games, why would he be asking big money? Or does it only apply to those that go to other clubs?

Ok Bissa, but I'm sure you all get my point and understand that Pacco cannot compete with the "big" clubs like Abers in bidding wars so need to promote our club and hope the player is not purely chasing the highest offer. Some players like to play against these teams and try to win against the odds. That's more my point!! Whether you guys agree or believe in this is really up to you but it's true!!

So in closing out this subject as its boring people, is that everyone is out to beat the favourites Abers. I'm sure whoever plays them in the GF will have the support of the neutral supporter following the underdog.

For the record I don't dislike Abers and think there a well run club with passionate supporters & club people. But I do recall some people there thinking GA was going to far when he was at Marby, however they have been kind of doing the same thing for a few years now with regards to outgoing payments. But those Marby players did play for each other and were a strong core which held them in good stead come finals.

*would be good to hear some feedback on the weekend games from people on here. It's pretty quite!! The EDFL web site really needs to improve as its gone downhill from previous years...

Turbo - claiming to know what Gus' arrangements are is akin to me saying Jackson received an $8K sign on, is on $1,500 a game and Pacco paid East Burwood back his $10K sign on he received after moving from Montmorency. I don't know, won't pretend to know and honestly couldn't care less.

Having said that your recent mid season spree justifies my prediction from a couple of weeks back - Greenvale still favourites and Pacco second in the market.

Turbo - claiming to know what Gus' arrangements are is akin to me saying Jackson received an $8K sign on, is on $1,500 a game and Pacco paid East Burwood back his $10K sign on he received after moving from Montmorency. I don't know, won't pretend to know and honestly couldn't care less.

Having said that your recent mid season spree justifies my prediction from a couple of weeks back - Greenvale still favourites and Pacco second in the market.

You are priceless Turbo. Did Ryan Jackson just decide that Pacco was such a quality club with such great people that he would just lob up? He just bleeds black and red and wants to volunteer in the canteen during the reserves.

No... he didn't like where he was playing for whatever reason (travel, work, location, club, culture, teammates etc) and decided to move to a club that could afford his wage and suited his life. Just like Angus Graham, just like Nick Lower, just like Ross, Vespremi, Harris, Warren etc and anyone else who moves to a new club. Money talks and b@llshit walks. We all know it and we live in a free market.

Are Abers spending truckloads? You bet their arse they are. So are Pascoe Vale and Greenvale. Because you cannot win the EDFL A grade flag without doing so.

So lets move on from this pointless and boring conversation. You are a hypocrite of the highest order and it's tiring. Enjoy Pacco's success if they have any. Ask Marby supporters if it was worth it. I am sure they will say yes.

You are priceless Turbo. Did Ryan Jackson just decide that Pacco was such a quality club with such great people that he would just lob up? He just bleeds black and red and wants to volunteer in the canteen during the reserves.

No... he didn't like where he was playing for whatever reason (travel, work, location, club, culture, teammates etc) and decided to move to a club that could afford his wage and suited his life. Just like Angus Graham, just like Nick Lower, just like Ross, Vespremi, Harris, Warren etc and anyone else who moves to a new club. Money talks and b@llshit walks. We all know it and we live in a free market.

Are Abers spending truckloads? You bet their arse they are. So are Pascoe Vale and Greenvale. Because you cannot win the EDFL A grade flag without doing so.

So lets move on from this pointless and boring conversation. You are a hypocrite of the highest order and it's tiring. Enjoy Pacco's success if they have any. Ask Marby supporters if it was worth it. I am sure they will say yes.

Hey Product, good reply. Could do with some help in the canteen so I might ask him if his interested in doing a few hours in there.. Lol

I still disagree with some of you in that not every player just plays for money and goes to the club who offers the most money. That's totally untrue!! Yes players are well looked in today's footy but it's not a matter of speaking to a player over the phone and it's an "auction" like conversation. If so you are you talking to the wrong players who only play for the $$ and not the club. Hence why some clubs don't have success in finals.

I know of country clubs who offer good money for the player to just travel up and play Saturday's. But does this suit everyone? No it doesn't. There is little mate ship gained, and it's not real fun, but the $$ are good. It depends on the players personality.

I know players at Avondale who play for less than what some other clubs offered. But they all played together previously and are mates off the field. Yes they are well paid, and over 2 years the difference in $$ is quite significant.
Pacco's list of recruits is similar, in where they have a link and it kind of flows on..

But agree, I should move on to another subject.

Now if you like my work, how about the below from Puff.

Puff- Before I take my break I couldn't help but be amused by this. I thought you were an intelligent person but it seems you might struggle with mathematics. Your trying to say the said player has been paid 18k in sign on's for this season. That's a really stupid post mate!!

My estimates on club and player payments are pretty much on the money champ. But I will leave it alone now and wish you guys all the best, "well" until you play Pacco.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Product, good reply. Could do with some help in the canteen so I might ask him if his interested in doing a few hours in there.. Lol

I still disagree with some of you in that not every player just plays for money and goes to the club who offers the most money. That's totally untrue!! Yes players are well looked in today's footy but it's not a matter of speaking to a player over the phone and it's an "auction" like conversation. If so you are you talking to the wrong players who only play for the $$ and not the club. Hence why some clubs don't have success in finals.

I know of country clubs who offer good money for the player to just travel up and play Saturday's. But does this suit everyone? No it doesn't. There is little mate ship gained, and it's not real fun, but the $$ are good. It depends on the players personality.

I know players at Avondale who play for less than what some other clubs offered. But they all played together previously and are mates off the field. Yes they are well paid, and over 2 years the difference in $$ is quite significant.
Pacco's list of recruits is similar, in where they have a link and it kind of flows on..

But agree, I should move on to another subject.

Now if you like my work, how about the below from Puff.

Puff- Before I take my break I couldn't help but be amused by this. I thought you were an intelligent person but it seems you might struggle with mathematics. Your trying to say the said player has been paid 18k in sign on's for this season. That's a really stupid post mate!!

My estimates on club and player payments are pretty much on the money champ. But I will leave it alone now and wish you guys all the best, "well" until you play Pacco.

Maybe read what I wrote again.

I don't know and don't care what you're paying Jackson - simply made the point you don't know what Gus in on.

Having said that you didn't deny the $1,500 bullsh*t figure I put up nor the fact he was given A sign on.

Avondale appear to have improved after leading at quarter time against the Jets. Jets too strong? I noticed the Jets twitter account suggesting they had 15 juniors in the side? pretty impressive effort against what appears to be the 4th best side in the competition?

Abers not beating up on Northern? is it possible Abers will cruise and rest up players in the back end of the season? save some cash in the process?

The league still havent made a decision on Avondales game against northern? they need all the help they can get to get into the finals.

Doesn't mean much with Marby missing 10-12 senior players through injury and finishing with two on the bench...

Keilor are a long long way from being competitive with the big boys
Very True , Not Impressed by Keilor at all.
Marby are missing at present 12 Senior and good players , and probably had a chance to win it except had 2 others injured after half time.
Keilor very disapointing and wont go far!!!!

Maybe read what I wrote again.

I don't know and don't care what you're paying Jackson - simply made the point you don't know what Gus in on.

Having said that you didn't deny the $1,500 bullsh*t figure I put up nor the fact he was given A sign on.

Puff, let me clear up one thing for you. The club denies the figures you posted on here. It's totally not true. But he is a quality player and plays mid, so his definitely getting paid.

He is on approx 40-50% of what your paying Gus per game, so you work it out. But they are different players so that's pretty normal. Let's not get into sign on's or upfront payments shall we!!

I agree to move on, just setting the record straight.

Not sure if this is true but heard that Galea from Avondale has committed to Keilor next year for huge bucks !!!!

Hey Mick, it's possible and makes sense. As much as Galea is a gun player, Ive always said I don't understand why AH recruited 2 full forwards on big coin.

Mate why didn't Black play on Saturday. Hearing some Rumour's of an injury during round 10. You know anything??

Hey Mick, it's possible and makes sense. As much as Galea is a gun player, Ive always said I don't understand why AH recruited 2 full forwards on big coin.

Mate why didn't Black play on Saturday. Hearing some Rumour's of an injury during round 10. You know anything??

Black came back last week against Strathmore and received 4 fractures in his face including his eye socket, having operation this week, bad loss !!!

Black came back last week against Strathmore and received 4 fractures in his face including his eye socket, having operation this week, bad loss !!!

Cheers mate. Heard a similar thing. How did it occur as it's pretty serious and he has been good for Marby, and stayed with you for a few years now. Came across from Werribee ammos with big wraps and pretty sure he kicked over a 100 goals in the ammos.

Very True , Not Impressed by Keilor at all.
Marby are missing at present 12 Senior and good players , and probably had a chance to win it except had 2 others injured after half time.
Keilor very disapointing and wont go far!!!!

Hollow
Perry
Reeves
M White
N Black
R Fullton Grieg
N McLellan
J Postle

All above players are starting 22 at Marbi, all missed on Saturday.

Add J Barling and add 4-6 fringe players to that list and it is a pretty bad position to be in injury wise.

The positive side is that quiet a few young blokes have got the opportunity at 1's football which is great for player and club.

No doubt if Marbi had those players in, it would have been a 6+ goal win.

Hollow
Perry
Reeves
M White
N Black
R Fullton Grieg
N McLellan
J Postle

All above players are starting 22 at Marbi, all missed on Saturday.

Add J Barling and add 4-6 fringe players to that list and it is a pretty bad position to be in injury wise.

The positive side is that quiet a few young blokes have got the opportunity at 1's football which is great for player and club.

No doubt if Marbi had those players in, it would have been a 6+ goal win.

Another positive is that Marbi have had 24 junior players in both sides this year. Looking really good for the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back