England tour of New Zealand

Remove this Banner Ad

The Kiwis tried really hard to s**t the bed there. Suck s**t, poms - declaring their 1st inns for well less than 500 then enforcing the follow-on only 27 short of the f/o target.

Fail New York Knicks GIF by Indiana Pacers

And McDermott did not hit that ball that was given out giving the WI a one run win in Adelaide in 92/93...
Kasper's hand was off the bat in 2005 for the 2-run loss as well. Can't blame the umpire for that though - it obviously hit his glove and would've been near on impossible for someone to see it off the bat in real time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am happy about the result but applaud England for attacking the game.

That could have been a boring as s**t draw. Be willing to lose in order to win. Cost them this time, I hope it doesn’t scare them out of attacking next time
Its interesting.....will they continue to bat like that even if it costs them test matches?

I reckon if the Poms are 2 nil down after 3 tests in the Ashes later this year, reckon they'll have to reassess.

Might be great playing attack at all costs test cricket but what use is that if you lose 4 nil?

A quality knock under the circumstances from Foakes, but will he and the England brains trust be kicking themself for not taking all those certain runs. Leach looked capable of at least holding up his end.

When was the last 1 run win? Was it Langers debut in Adelaide vs the Windies?

That might be it for follow ons. Hard to see them ever coming back in vogue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back