Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
Starting soon. Thunderstorms around Perth at the moment and over the weekend but shouldn't lose any game time.

Winner plays Australia on Sunday.

Hell yeah, a proper pitch for the first time this summer. Looks like a bit of a firecracker early on.

Decided to come down today, only about 4 thousand here (if that) but the the crowd went wild when the Indian openers came out....hardly any poms here haha.

Loving the small crowd though, got prime seats in the members and members bar is empty :D

Regarding the weather, its hot and humid with decent cloud cover. Might get some rain later this afternoon but doubt it will be anything serious.

India are doing ok so far....those first 10 or so overs it just felt like they were barely hanging on, run out chances, skied balls just over the infield etc. Amazed they didn't lose at least one wicket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricket question.

The batsmen hits the ball and takes off for a run, the ball bounces around and is about to richocet back onto the wicket, can the runner stop the ball hitting the wicket, as you know the batsman can do that, but can the runner?

The physics sound pretty improbable (ie a ball spinning back onto the stumps so slowly that the non-striker has time to run the length of the pitch and knock it away).

But yeah, would that count as bowled or go down as a single since the runner would have already made his ground if he was close enough to knock it away anyway? I assume bowled if no one has touched it.

FFS Rather there be a discussion of the NAB Cup if they are going to talk about a second division soccer team in Australia.
Could be worse, he could talk about man city.

The physics sound pretty improbable (ie a ball spinning back onto the stumps so slowly that the non-striker has time to run the length of the pitch and knock it away).

But yeah, would that count as bowled or go down as a single since the runner would have already made his ground if he was close enough to knock it away anyway? I assume bowled if no one has touched it.

Definitely bowled first if no one has touched it, ie inside edge, but yes it got be me thinking if the runner could stop the ball because it is interfering with the field.

Not sure about physics ruling it out, you could hit the ball in the air, take off for the single the ball comes down and lands onto the stumps.

Likely to happen, no. But plenty of weird and wonderful wickets have been taken in bizarre situations.

Decided to come down today, only about 4 thousand here (if that) but the the crowd went wild when the Indian openers came out....hardly any poms here haha.

Loving the small crowd though, got prime seats in the members and members bar is empty :D
How much was entry today?

Why do India continue to stick with Raina. I don't think I've ever seen him score runs (he'll probably do it today just to shut me up).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back