EPL Draft - Spots Filled - Discussion/Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Begovic
Azpilicueta Vlaar Jagielka Felipe Luis
Ramires Blind
Willian Mata Cazorla
Costa

It's hard when you have middle picks. you don't get those two that are close together

Final team

-------------de Gea
Clichy Demichelis Rojo Janmaat
-----------Herrera/Matic
Lamela-- ---Eriksen ----- Sigurdsson
-------------Kane

For the sake of guys like ADL who are playing the false 9 and don't want to have them confused for two strikers - please send through the name of your formation. We could do the -- between players, but it's different for everyone.

Playing with a back 3?

Not too sure how that would go against some of the attacks around here here.
Something else to factor in is that i have 3 of the top 5 or 6 strikers in the league in my team. I haven't seen a team in my version with 2 excellent strikers. Could get hurt by a Silva or Di Maria tho.

Not one gooner, 3 current and 1 former spurs players :eek::eek::eek:

I know.

Si396Ie.jpg

Something else to factor in is that i have 3 of the top 5 or 6 strikers in the league in my team. I haven't seen a team in my version with 2 excellent strikers. Could get hurt by a Silva or Di Maria tho.

Imagine if someone had both :cool:

Krul
Ivanovic Mertesacker Coloccini Baines
Carrick Ramires
Silva Nasri Di Maria
Dzeko​

In all seriousness though. The Matic-Sissoko CM pairing would be a nightmare to play against. Lamela-Mane 2 tricky wingers with hard working Gyfli & Kane. It's a very solid side. Oh and the best GK in the league too

In all seriousness though. The Matic-Sissoko CM pairing would be a nightmare to play against. Lamela-Mane 2 tricky wingers with hard working Gyfli & Kane. It's a very solid side. Oh and the best GK in the league too
I wouldnt be talking up lamela and mane. Both are inconstant at this level thus far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt be talking up lamela and mane. Both are inconstant at this level thus far.

But thats the difficulty with this draft.

Do you take Ozil his despite his indifferent premier league form or based on what he can do? Falcao the same.

Wilshere? Toure? Gerrard? Mata? RVP?

All poor/average seasons but still rated highly.

I'm basing players off the past 2-3 seasons in the PL. New signings off appearances this season. So guys like Valdes who have barely played aren't rated as highly as a Begovic etc.

So I decided to give players scores out of 10 based on their ranking in their positiion. Best in the position got a 9.5 in all spots except for CB where I gave a 9.0. Added up each of the XI's scores and then deducted 1 point for each flaw in formation or players not able to play the role.

Surprisingly close final scores:
1) Sozabarus 87.5
2) BluesMan 85.5
=3) lion4life & Cruyff14 85
5) Loonerty 84.5
=6) ADL9798 , Rustin Cohle & Shoei 83.5
9) NFGKizza 82.5
10) thorne89 79
11) Tulip 78
12) Bojan KantKick 77

Ranking the sides that way probably gives the more even sides a better score than most people would imagine. For instance the top side probably doesn't stand out to many at all because it lacks the big names. But the way I see it, it has 1 of the top 3 FB's, 1 of the top 3 DMs, 1 of the top 5 AMs & tops that up with decent players all over the pitch. Would much rather that sort of side than a side with bog average defenders and 3 of the top 5 strikers in it

So I decided to give players scores out of 10 based on their ranking in their positiion. Best in the position got a 9.5 in all spots except for CB where I gave a 9.0. Added up each of the XI's scores and then deducted 1 point for each flaw in formation or players not able to play the role.

1) [B]Sozabarus[/B] 87.5
2) [B]BluesMan[/B] 85.5
=3) lion4life & [B]Cruyff14[/B] 85
5) [B]Loonerty[/B] 84.5
=6) [B]ADL9798[/B] , Rustin Cohle & Shoei 83.5
9) [B]NFGKizza[/B] 82.5
10) [B]thorne89[/B] 79
11) [B]Tulip[/B] 78
12) [B]Bojan KantKick[/B] 77

Ranking the sides that way probably gives the more even sides a better score than most people would imagine. For instance the top side probably doesn't stand out to many at all because it lacks the big names. But the way I see it, it has 1 of the top 3 FB's, 1 of the top 3 DMs, 1 of the top 5 AMs & tops that up with decent players all over the pitch. Would much rather that sort of side than a side with bog average defenders and 3 of the top 5 strikers in it

Interesting that 9 of your top 12 came from Group 1.

1) Sozabarus 87.5
2) BluesMan 85.5
=3) lion4life & Cruyff14 85
5) Loonerty 84.5
=6) ADL9798 , Rustin Cohle & Shoei 83.5
9) NFGKizza 82.5
10) thorne89 79
11) Tulip 78
12) Bojan KantKick 77

Meh, each flaw in formation or players incapable of playing their role? Pretty subjective. Tell me where u took points off.

Begovic> Valdes? :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back