EPL Round 24: (1/2 - 4/2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rose apparently won his appeal against the red. Which staggers me to be honest.

I've rewatched the footage, not sure what you meant that his trailing leg caught Dzeko? Dzeko out-right dived as soon as Rose hit the ball, his back leg doesn't even touch Dzeko. Rightly won his appeal, though I'd much rather he miss tomorrow.

I've rewatched the footage, not sure what you meant that his trailing leg caught Dzeko? Dzeko out-right dived as soon as Rose hit the ball, his back leg doesn't even touch Dzeko. Rightly won his appeal, though I'd much rather he miss tomorrow.

His left leg goes straight into the back of Dzeko's. He's also holding Dzeko with his arm before he gets the ball.

His left leg goes straight into the back of Dzeko's. He's also holding Dzeko with his arm before he gets the ball.

I didn't see that from the replay I saw so you may be right, but obviously after extensive replays the FA don't deem it a red card offence.

Really? I never considered that.

I just mean to suggest that perhaps you are wrong. It does happen to the best of us. On first, second and third viewings I didn't see how it was a red, and neither did the FA.

I just mean to suggest that perhaps you are wrong. It does happen to the best of us. On first, second and third viewings I didn't see how it was a red, and neither did the FA.

To be honest I don't tend to let the FA's or your judgement influence what I see with my own eyes.

And I'm hardly going to express surprise with an FA decision and then use the very same FA decision as evidence that I'm wrong am I.

But you carry on, I'm not particularly arsed about Danny Rose to be honest. Makes no diffrrence

Phew. Glad we got that out the way.

No need to be so antagonistic. Just wanted to figure out why you thought it was a red, you explained why, I explained why I thought it wasn't. End of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Err... Because it was a perfectly good tackle?

I initially thought so, but watching the tackle numerous times since
I disagree. But don't want SM to start again so I'll leave it there.

Mmmm wonder if Jose was taking notes of what big Sam was doing to them this week. Park 10 Chelsea bodies in the box as Negredo and Dzeko take pot shots.

If he wants to stop Dzeko shots he might have to position a few in row Z as well. ;)

Shame Aguero is injured again, always enjoy watching him play.

We should account for Palace and should temporarily at least regain top spot.

Hoping we start like this:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen Rose
Sandro(if fit)/Capoue Dembele
Lennon Eriksen Sigurdsson
Adebayor

Getting very frustrating having Townsend and Lamela injured, but great news is that Paulinho, Vertonghen, Kaboul and Sandro should all be back in the 18.

Aguero's absence won't matter. As we saw in their last run without him it made no difference. He doesn't have any impact on the results for his team.
That's not what it means. It just means they have 3 world class strikers (and a good one in Jovetic to boot) to select from. Wish we had signed Negredo instead of Soldado.

newcastle 3-1 Sunderland
West Ham 1-1 Swansea
Cardiff 2-2 Norwich
Everton 2-0 Villa
Fulham 1-2 Southampton
Hull 1-2 Spurs
Stoke 1-1 United
WBA 1-3 Liverpool
Arsenal 2-0 Palace
City 2-0 Chelsea

last time Aguero was out for a month, City's record was P8 W7 D1 L0 F22 A7

obviously holding us back

The only team you beat of any note in that span was Liverpool, and we both know that was not a comfortable victory, and a good victory away to Newcastle. Other victims in the span were West Ham, Leicester, Swansea, Fulham, Blackburn, Palace. Not exactly a who's who in English Football.

If you were to go the next month with that same form, I'll shut up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back