Traded Essendon trade pick 48 to GWS for Shaun Edwards and Kurt Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
ESSENDON has secured Greater Western Sydney youngsters Kurt Aylett and Shaun Edwards in exchange for pick 48 from the Bombers.

The Bombers have beaten the Crows in the race for Edwards, in a coup for the club after its disastrous 201

Edwards, who is on tour with the Indigenous All-Stars in Ireland has played 12 games while Aylett, who is from NSW but arrived at the Giants via North Ballarat, has played just one game.

Aylett has had a history of knee injuries but is a talented half-back flanker.

The Giants are in the process of securing Jed Lamb from the Sydney Swans and remain in negotiations with Collingwood to secure Heath Shaw.

Great deal for Essendon in my opinion, a low risk, high reward trade :thumbsu:

Two fringe youngsters who can't get a crack in a very young side for a middle-ish pick? Essendon know something about their future we don't? :D

I'm not sure any team has come out the winner here, presently.

I'd say in a weak draft we took our chances on potential we know more about than a speculative pick on who we don't.

It really is a nothing trade for either club unless one of them become stars

How many list spots have Essendon got if they get Chapman and add these 2?

How many list spots have Essendon got if they get Chapman and add these 2?

Hille and Lovett Murray retired

Crameri & Gumby leaving
more to be delisted

no decent picks.

what's the problem?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better get then the 18 year olds floating around pick 50. With essendon reamed for two years they needed to bring in kids who have the possibility of being servicable. Shaun Edwards has looked ok from the small amount of games I've seen him play

Hille and Lovett Murray retired

Crameri & Gumby leaving
more to be delisted

no decent picks.

what's the problem?

Davis delisted as well

2 decent kids instead of one decent kid (48) and pick 84 or something like that.

difficult to be displeased with this trade. Bombers get their man and a handy little set of steak knives, and GWS get a pick to flip to the swans for Jed Lamb. Low profile, but definitely win-win

why on Earth did the Crows miss out on this? I'm very confused. Apparently Edwards was keen as mustard to join us!

Hard to knock back all the drugs? HUEHUE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back