Traded Essendon trade pick 48 to GWS for Shaun Edwards and Kurt Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

Your pre-season and rookie drafting has been as good as your 1st round picks - if not better!!

Hibbard, Bellchambers, Howlett, Carmeri, Baugley and Hardingham V Gumby, Myers, Hurley, Melksham, Heppell and Kav.

Who needs first rounders anyway!!!

Bonus for us was Lovett who also was a Rookie listed player, Lovett's trade got us Carlisle.

Rookies we have traded,
Lovett, Jenkins and Crameri is now Carlisle, Merrett and #26

Heavens you can't even Google right.:rolleyes:

This is not a Richmond thread, but lot of that is just plain wrong. Mitch Banner?? No I do not recall him playing for us. Traded in Polak.... and got Riewoldt too for the downgraded pick? Of course, we should have gone Sellar. Traded 14 for Steve Morris and 15 (Ellis)? Tick. Elton was part of Tambling compo, exchanged via GC. The other part was McIntosh. Try to keep up.
Forgot to mention Ivan? Chaplin? How convenient.

Also, note that the errors we have made (we all have a few, but note how we have done since Blair Hartley arrived) in "the Dodoro" era were largely made by persons deemed poor at their jobs. And exited. Why does Dodoro stay?

Hey, it's your funeral. I would just expect a little accountability. Sometimes it's the trades you don't/ can't make, too. Offered O'Meara for Tom Bellchambers and Dodoro said no. Hmmm...

Caddy? Gaff? I just don;t think Dodoro is good at what he does, and that accordingly this trade should be viewed with considerable cynicism. But if you think Aylett will become a superstar and Edwards is the next Ablett, well good luck to you.
Ahh, it worked, so you noticed I left our your good trades, exactly what you have done here on our thread...now list our good trades and get back to us..

Heavens you can't even Google right.:rolleyes:

This is not a Richmond thread, but lot of that is just plain wrong. Mitch Banner?? No I do not recall him playing for us. Traded in Polak.... and got Riewoldt too for the downgraded pick? Of course, we should have gone Sellar. Traded 14 for Steve Morris and 15 (Ellis)? Tick. Elton was part of Tambling compo, exchanged via GC. The other part was McIntosh. Try to keep up.
Forgot to mention Ivan? Chaplin? How convenient.

Also, note that the errors we have made (we all have a few, but note how we have done since Blair Hartley arrived) in "the Dodoro" era were largely made by persons deemed poor at their jobs. And exited. Why does Dodoro stay?

Hey, it's your funeral. I would just expect a little accountability. Sometimes it's the trades you don't/ can't make, too. Offered O'Meara for Tom Bellchambers and Dodoro said no. Hmmm...

Caddy? Gaff? I just don;t think Dodoro is good at what he does, and that accordingly this trade should be viewed with considerable cynicism. But if you think Aylett will become a superstar and Edwards is the next Ablett, well good luck to you.
Your club chose Conca ahead oh heppell and you're saying our guy should be sacked???? Fail...Our drafting is just fine thanks, your obsession is noted, now pretend your a mormon at my door and rak off, your theory is not valid here...Dodoro is staying, now who will be held accountable for losing to 9th in a final, oh the irony..

Always fun to look at the early posts on these type of trades, always optimistic but rarely do they turn out gems, except one from Saturday night -

There's probably a Josh Swan Kennedy thread where Swans supporters are optimistic that Kennedy might be a good trade and in the same thread Hawks supporters saying pfffft, Kennedy's not much, better to have pick 36!

If we could have melded these two together we could have had one hell of a footballer. One solid as a rock workhorse and one showpony with every physical gift you could ask for but the concentration of a goldfish.

In retrospect I would've given Aylett the longer run at it of the two.

Bonus for us was Lovett who also was a Rookie listed player, Lovett's trade got us Carlisle.

Rookies we have traded,
Lovett, Jenkins and Crameri is now Carlisle, Merrett and #26

Original Rookie picks

Lovett to Carlisle to Francis
Jenkins to J Merrett
Crameri to Z Merrett
Houli to Hibberd to ?

Draft Picks

Pick 7 Ryder to Langford
Pick 2 Gumby to Fantasia
Pick 13 Monfries to Goddard through FA.
Pick 10 Melksham to Redman

Interesting part is getting Leuenberger to replace Ryder for free and Hartley to replace Carlisle for pick 68.

Last edited:
Always fun to look at the early posts on these type of trades, always optimistic but rarely do they turn out gems, except one from Saturday night -

There's probably a Josh Swan Kennedy thread where Swans supporters are optimistic that Kennedy might be a good trade and in the same thread Hawks supporters saying pfffft, Kennedy's not much, better to have pick 36!
Pick 46 is probably our best defender. No doubt jpk is comfortably better but Stratton is a very good player and been a big moment player in finals for hawthorn.

edwards was a spud no surprise he was delisted
Edwards was extremely talented. Had literally everything at his disposal. Simply didn't have the attitude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edwards was extremely talented. Had literally everything at his disposal. Simply didn't have the attitude

Only thing that you can hope for is that he spends three or four years playing state football finding what level of effort is needed to make it as a footballer. Same thing happened to Patrick Rose when we rookied him, he was a gun small forward in the VFL but he didn't have enough tricks to be a permanent small forward at AFL level and he didn't put any effort into improving enough that he could rotate through the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back