Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
President Carter chucks church in because they think women are not as good as men:

So my decision to sever my ties with the Southern Baptist Convention, after six decades, was painful and difficult.

It was, however, an unavoidable decision when the convention's leaders, quoting a few carefully selected Bible verses and claiming that Eve was created second to Adam and was responsible for original sin, ordained that women must be "subservient" to their husbands and prohibited from serving as deacons, pastors or chaplains in the military service.

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html

Good church for you, tess?

The root of this prejudice lies deep in our histories, but its impact is felt every day. It is not women and girls alone who suffer. It damages all of us. The evidence shows that investing in women and girls delivers major benefits for society. An educated woman has healthier children. She is more likely to send them to school. She earns more and invests what she earns in her family.​

President Carter chucks church in because they think women are not as good as men:

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html

Good church for you, tess?

The root of this prejudice lies deep in our histories, but its impact is felt every day. It is not women and girls alone who suffer. It damages all of us. The evidence shows that investing in women and girls delivers major benefits for society. An educated woman has healthier children. She is more likely to send them to school. She earns more and invests what she earns in her family.​

" So my decision to sever my ties with the Southern Baptist Convention, after six decades, was painful and difficult"

it took him 6 decades to figure that out?? ....

" So my decision to sever my ties with the Southern Baptist Convention, after six decades, was painful and difficult"

I think there are a lot of people in a lot of churches who know there is something wrong but stay to try to rectify things, or who have too many ties to make leaving easy.

I've answered the questions that arise from your comment in the other thread that I've pointed you to.
The justification of discrimination against women and girls on grounds of religion or tradition, as if it were prescribed by a Higher Authority, is unacceptable.

The carefully selected verses found in the Holy Scriptures to justify the superiority of men owe more to time and place - and the determination of male leaders to hold onto their influence - than eternal truths. - http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html

Nothing about Southern Baptists that wouldn't be improved by holding their heads under water a bit longer during the baptism.

Its hard to believe that in the 50s the Southern Baptists were a radically liberal collection of religious!

The justification of discrimination against women and girls on grounds of religion or tradition, as if it were prescribed by a Higher Authority, is unacceptable.

The carefully selected verses found in the Holy Scriptures to justify the superiority of men owe more to time and place - and the determination of male leaders to hold onto their influence - than eternal truths. - http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/losing-my-religion-for-equality-20090714-dk0v.html

Men and women's equality comes in the form of dignity and worth as human beings. Yet men and women are not the same. They have different strengths and weaknesses. Given this, God has assigned certain tasks for men, and certain tasks for women. Your subjective view doesn't make for what's right and wrong. So your opinion is simply that.

Please quote the bible where it states that men are superior to women.

Naah this isn't the Catholic Church, they are run by committee they were once very liberal hence carter was a member. The hardliners have been running things for the past ten years and things have been getting very dogmatic.

Men and women's equality comes in the form of dignity and worth as human beings. Yet men and women are not the same. They have different strengths and weaknesses. Given this, God has assigned certain tasks for men, and certain tasks for women. Your subjective view doesn't make for what's right and wrong. So your opinion is simply that.

You know taken out of context and taken literally there are plenty, just like you base your arguments on. Start with eve.

Amazing.

What happens when women call out feminism?

Her intros always make me chuckle.

I've been subscribed to Diana Davison's Feminism LOL channel from the start. She started by focusing on anti-feminism but soon saw the bigger picture, became a MGTOW supporter and shifted her focus. She is knowledgeable and intelligent. Her content is excellent and very helpful to men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been subscribed to Diana Davison's Feminism LOL channel from the start. She started by focusing on anti-feminism but soon saw the bigger picture, became a MGTOW supporter and shifted her focus. She is knowledgeable and intelligent. Her content is excellent and very helpful to men.

No idea about all of that. I just like her intro.

God has assigned certain tasks for men, and certain tasks for women.

Of course he has. Was the funniest thing I've read for some time until I read this

This is fluff. You're posting without stating anything of substance. Make a case.

You're claiming God has assigned tasks then call out someone else for posting without substance

Lolololol

Of course he has. Was the funniest thing I've read for some time until I read this

You're claiming God has assigned tasks then call out someone else for posting without substance

Lolololol

Your post simply displays your ignorance for what the bible states. It's one thing to not believe the bible, it's another to say my claim is without substance. Your claim seems to stem from the former but reasons from the latter. So why involve yourself in a discussion when your ignorance leads to openly displaying your idiocy?

Its hard to believe that in the 50s the Southern Baptists were a radically liberal collection of religious!
They still act like they're cool with taking drugs, though.

What the wrist-crossing thing is about, I have no idea.

Your post simply displays your ignorance for what the bible states. It's one thing to not believe the bible, it's another to say my claim is without substance. Your claim seems to stem from the former but reasons from the latter. So why involve yourself in a discussion when your ignorance leads to openly displaying your idiocy?
Correct. I don't believe in a mythical deity whose existence is without proof so what the bible may or may not say is of no relevance to me especially when it is regarded as an authority on assigning tasks based on gender

If that makes me an idiot I'm happy to wear the label particularly if the alternative is the adult version of believing in fairies at the bottom of the garden

Correct. I don't believe in a mythical deity whose existence is without proof so what the bible may or may not say is of no relevance to me especially when it is regarded as an authority on assigning tasks based on gender

If that makes me an idiot I'm happy to wear the label particularly if the alternative is the adult version of believing in fairies at the bottom of the garden
It's a simple life led when you don't have to think for yourself.

"Mythical deity"? To draw a definitive conclusion as to the existence of a deity that can't be measured empirically, hence your inability to know for certain one way or the other, shows you to be a man of great faith.

It's a simple life led when you don't have to think for yourself.
Careful that's the same reason people follow/join the green alp alliance.

Christians are ok as long as they are not brainwashed into a literal interpretation of the bible. The most ridiculous thing about views of these poor people is that Jesus main message was to treat everyone the way you would like to be treated without exception, so the first thing the brain washed do is say gays are evil, women are different (second class), Muslims/atheists Jews are evil/different/God doesn't love them etc

The preaching of God's heavenly kingdom.
Incorrect, this selfish its about me and what I can get attitude is all that is wrong with modern churches

This is used as an excuse to avoid looking at his message of love, acceptance and forgiveness, it's sad so many of the so called believers can't see this.

As ghandi said

I liked your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Incorrect, this selfish its about me and what I can get attitude is all that is wrong with modern churches

This is used as an excuse to avoid looking at his message of love, acceptance and forgiveness, it's sad so many of the so called believers can't see this.

As ghandi said

I liked ke your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

You're incorrect. The bible is about an issue of far greater significance - the issue of universal sovereignty; the dispute between God and Satan being played out, as well as God's plan to put right the ill effects that Satan has brought upon the earth and mankind. So, your belief that the bible and Jesus' message being primarily about a "message of love, acceptance and forgiveness" is mistaken. Jesus does speak of the things you mention, but it wasn't his "main message", nor is it about the condoning of actions that Jesus himself condemns as a grave sin.

What's sad is that unbelievers twist the scriptures for their own ends, yet have the gall to say that Christians are the ones that do this when Christian views don't align with their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back