Finals or Sam Durdin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is what you're saying here that if we'd picked 2 spots earlier in the 09 draft when Lucas was still available we might have taken him, rather than Talia?

And if so, doesn't that just demonstrate that it's not necessarily the case that having a pick 1-2 spots higher will bet you a better player than one a bit lower?

The difference between Smith and Ben Jacobs was not the difference between picks 13 and 15. It was the difference between a good pick and a s**t pick.

Wherever we pick there will be plenty of good players available. We just need to make sure we pick one of them.

Who knew the secret to good drafting was picking good players?

At every earlier pick there are more good players to choose from.

So do we get Pick 9 or will Melbourne get a compo pick with Frawley and it's pushed to pick 10?

Even if Melbourne were to get a compo pick, it would be an end of 1st round compo pick, so no worries there.

Even if Melbourne were to get a compo pick, it would be an end of 1st round compo pick, so no worries there.
No not the case ......could be a pick earlier than ours depending on the size of the contract ......could still end up pick 10

Who knew the secret to good drafting was picking good players?

At every earlier pick there are more good players to choose from.

That advice would've been helpful to the recruiters in 2004 when we picked Meesen with Pick 8. He wasn't the eighth best player, not even close, but apparently we needed a ruckman. Fortunately, I think we've learned our lesson.

No not the case ......could be a pick earlier than ours depending on the size of the contract ......could still end up pick 10

Yes, I know it could, but from what I've heard, if they do get a compo pick, and by the sounds of it, they won't, it will be an end of 1st round compo pick. It's what I've heard, not sure how much truth there is to it though.

That advice would've been helpful to the recruiters in 2004 when we picked Meesen with Pick 8. He wasn't the eighth best player, not even close, but apparently we needed a ruckman. Fortunately, I think we've learned our lesson.

He was considered a top 5 player and no chance to make it to us as he was definitely going to Hawthorn with one of their 3 picks

No idea where or why you got the above from

He was considered a top 5 player and no chance to make it to us as he was definitely going to Hawthorn with one of their 3 picks

No idea where or why you got the above from

I definitely have different mail to you then.

Yes, I know it could, but from what I've heard, if they do get a compo pick, and by the sounds of it, they won't, it will be an end of 1st round compo pick. It's what I've heard, not sure how much truth there is to it though.
I wasn't talking about a priority pick, i was referring to the compensation pick for Frawley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back