Resource Footage of old Geelong matches on television, VHS, DVD, digital and online

Remove this Banner Ad

There will never be another but for a millisecond last night Hawkins one handed wrestling Cheney gave me memories...

Go Catters

Bump!

Apparently this Sunday on 7, Footy Flashbacks will be focussing on the 2011 grand final before the Suns-Swans game. We've probably all got this game on DVD or Blu-Ray, but I thought I'd give those who haven't a head's up.

Cheers.
I've never seen the replay at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only watched 07.
Made it through 1 quarter of 09.
Watch the last quarter of 09 amazing! Can understand how you struggle with the first 3 in 09.

Watch the last quarter of 09 amazing! Can understand how you struggle with the first 3 in 09.

2009 is bearable when listening to the K-Rock commentary, especially hearing them hang crap on Raph Clarke. :D

He got injured at least once that year I think. From memory he only played 12 or so games (he still kicked 53 goals). I know he kicked 5 or 6 against North late in the year (we smashed them at the MCG, it was the game when David Cameron kicked 8), and 8 against Brisbane early in the season (we lost of course to the new team, and at home too).

He must have just gotten fit on the eve of the finals, because the day Lindner won the game against Sydney at the SCG, Ablett AND Brownless played in the reserves. I think - this is a guess only - that Ablett kicked 7 and Brownless 10! That was the 2nd last round, and I can't recall whether either played in the loss to Hawthorn.
The game against North Melbourne is one I have been after for a long time – in full, even. It was certainly replayed and I have some hope the full game could be found.

North had won five consecutive matches and Geelong were coming off a second loss to the Brisbane Bears at Carrara, followed by a week playing no football due to interstate matches. The Cats, however, dominated so completely that at three-quarter time North were looking at their lowest score since 1971 and their lowest “dry weather” score since 1951 (when regular full-back Jock McCorkell kicked two of their three goals!).

At three-quarter time Geelong led astonishingly 21-10 (136) to 3-10 (28)! Noth Melbourne did kick 8-3 (51) to 6-4 (40) in the final quarter, but all reports said their performance was deplorable. David Cameron kicked eight, Gary Ablett six and Bill Brownless five, whilst Mark Bairstow had 28 kicks and 11 handballs. Ray Card, the veteran defender, played his first match since the opening round of 1985 – and amazingly picked up three hit-outs!

Gosh yesterday version of the 2011 GF was even better than the first play of the re-run. Like a beautiful bottle of wine it gets better with age. But do think that we need more premierships to view as the years go by.

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone here would have any Old VFL AFL Games dating back to the Mid 80’s early 90’s in full or reply that was record on VHS tape on channel Seven at the time and that their no longer won’t their VHS tapes. I am willing to borrow them and return straight back to you, give away, buy them, what every is easier for you, is fine by me.

I have a huge collect myself from that time, willing to swap that would be great. If you have any questions feel free in letting me know, if so please send an inbox message with your details and we can go from there.

Thanks

What is the point of being a football supporter if you never sit down and watch replays of our premiership wins? Seriously what is the point.
I may as well skip the whole season and just pick up the paper on October 1.
"Oh look the Cats played in the GF and we won, better go watch it"

Premierships aren't just won in the last 2 hours of the year.
And I did try to watch the 09 GF, but it was an incredibly boring game. Completely different to how I felt when I watched it live.

I may as well skip the whole season and just pick up the paper on October 1.
"Oh look the Cats played in the GF and we won, better go watch it"

Premierships aren't just won in the last 2 hours of the year.
And I did try to watch the 09 GF, but it was an incredibly boring game. Completely different to how I felt when I watched it live.
the gold trophy at the end of a successful football season is singing the song after the game, the drunken festivities on the saturday night, the smug look on your face when you go to work on Monday morning and being able to watch the game over and over again. The last of those is the only thing that you get to keep. if it bores you to watch the Grand final then i dont see the point of watching games during the season. Im guessing youre not the type that used to rush home after the game to watch the replay back in the old days.

the gold trophy at the end of a successful football season is singing the song after the game, the drunken festivities on the saturday night, the smug look on your face when you go to work on Monday morning and being able to watch the game over and over again. The last of those is the only thing that you get to keep. if it bores you to watch the Grand final then i dont see the point of watching games during the season. Im guessing youre not the type that used to rush home after the game to watch the replay back in the old days.
We used to rush home so that we could have a kick before it got dark.
And replays were very different back then. All games were played at the same time so you'd watch the winners of whatever so you could see what the other teams were doing too.

And sorry to disappoint Seeds, although I had plenty of beers during those GF's there was no singing of the club song, and no drunken after match festivities :)
Not sure what that is relevant to.
I just don't watch replays. I'll watch highlights, I just don't do replays. Not sure what the issue is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back