Resource Footage of old Geelong matches on television, VHS, DVD, digital and online

Remove this Banner Ad

Fox Footy will be playing old Geelong games for the entire day on 9 February:

00:30AM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 2007 PF#1, Geelong v Collingwood
02:30AM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 2007 Grand Final, Geelong v Port Ade
05:00AM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 2009 Grand Final St Kilda v Geelong
07:00AM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 2011 Grand Final, Collingwood v Geelong
09:30AM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: Richmond v Geelong
12:00PM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 2012 Round 19, Hawthorn v Geelong
02:30PM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 2007 QF#4, Geelong v Kangaroos
05:00PM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: 1994 Preliminary Final, Geelong v North Melbourne
07:00PM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: Round 3, Collingwood v Geelong
09:30PM
FOX Footy
AFL Club Day: Geelong: Semi Final 2, Week 2, Geelong v Port Adelaide

Of course they get around to doing this once I cancel it.

Not a bad selection of matches all things considered.

Of course they get around to doing this once I cancel it.

Not a bad selection of matches all things considered.
Unfortunately it's pretty much the same set they always play though.

What is Geelong vs Collingwood round 3?

Real pity there are so few games from the nineties there let alone eighties. Every Geelong fan already has the GF dvds so a bit of a waste showing those.

Yeah they should really try to delve into the archive for memorable home and away games. Such as:

1989 v Collingwood (1st game). Ablett's 7 goals and insane final quarter.
1991 v Hawthorn. Our first win in 6 years against them, Bairstow absolutely annihilated them.
1992 v Brisbane. I've still never seen the first quarter.
1993 v North. Ablett kicked 10 to bring up his hundred.
1994 v Melbourne. Ablett's last 10 goal haul.

That was with zero thinking involved too.

Apologies if this has been covered but we recently got foxtel again and I've recorded all the cats games which has been great to watch some old games in the off season.
But they are taking up pretty much the whole hard drive of the box is there anyway to transfer them off the box onto a USB/external hard drive etc?
I need some more space on there some non footy shows didn't record for my partner and she wasn't impressed.

Yeah they should really try to delve into the archive for memorable home and away games. Such as:

1991 v Hawthorn. Our first win in 6 years against them, Bairstow absolutely annihilated them.

Those 1989 and 1991 games are unavailable, but two wins against Essendon from Round 19, 1988 (last time ever played at Windy Hill and biggest win ever there) and the big win at MCG in front of eighty-seven thousand certainly are. As is Round 17, 1982 against Carlton – one of only two wins after May that year but very convincing against the eventual premiers. Maybe available and one I would really want is Round 12, 1989 against Melbourne in the MCG mud after a cool and rainy June..I recall just how bad the MCG was that winter, but utterly long for the sheer variety that 1989 season had!

Apologies if this has been covered but we recently got foxtel again and I've recorded all the cats games which has been great to watch some old games in the off season.
But they are taking up pretty much the whole hard drive of the box is there anyway to transfer them off the box onto a USB/external hard drive etc?
I need some more space on there some non footy shows didn't record for my partner and she wasn't impressed.

Bobby_ could be a great resource here.

GO Catters

There weren't any 10 goal hauls in 1995 when he won the Coleman?

Edit- yep none in 95. Kicked four or more goals in ever game bar 1 with his best haul being 9.

Last edited:
I do not have Foxtel sorry Daz. When we did, we had the older analogue box so I am unsure about the newer ones.
I think due to copyright, they have designed them in a way to prevent copying to a USB or external hard drive. I would assume there is a way of getting around it but it would involve capturing the recorded footage (stored on the Foxtel) to a computer. There may be connections which allow you to connect up a DVD Recorder to your Foxtel and then playback the material from Foxtel and record to the DVD Recorder which can then be transferred to another storage device of some kind.
It's a fairly complex problem though and you would need to have a friend who is IT savvy to ensure it all goes to plan.

I can imagine it's a hassle as you would have some great footage recorded from Foxtel in which you would no doubt hope to save for good.
Thanks Bobby yes it's such a shame I'm going to have to delete a bunch of them I've really enjoyed some of the home and away games from our recent great years.
A game I really enjoyed watching even though we lost was the 2004 prelim final to me tant was the end of a bad few years and the beginning of our greatest. I remember being at the game and watching us compete against that great brisbane side. We dominated possession for a lot of the game but couldn't kick enough goals I thought at the time we just lacked a key forward or two to kick it to.
But there was a real emergence of a number of players that went on to have great careers with Geelong. There were a few years between the era of almost but never quite 90s and the great triple flag years the team was terrible.
The game you could really see the light at the end of the tunnel, it's often mentioned that the 05 semi vs Sydney was the beginning. In my mind that 04 prelim was when it started to come together and players stArted to believe they could compete with the best when it mattered.

They had the Melb 1994 game on in either Nov or Dec. We kicked 9 in the last to win by 30pts. Was a great game along with Gaz jagging a lazy ten. I think he had most of them by 3/4 time.

They had the Melb 1994 game on in either Nov or Dec. We kicked 9 in the last to win by 30pts. Was a great game along with Gaz nagging a lazy ten. I think he had most of them by 3/4 time.

It was a great day. Sean Wight had beaten Ablett in the opening round and it sure looked like Ablett remembered. He kicked 4 in the first quarter. Really looked like he wanted to prove a point.

There weren't any 10 goal hauls in 1995 when he won the Coleman?

Edit- yep none in 95. Kicked four or more goals in ever game bar 1 with his best haul being 9.

Was very consistent all year. He did have a 2nd game in which he kicked less than 4 goals....GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ever happened to Gary Cameron?
He looked like he had a better all round game than his brother (tough too) but seems to have been injured perhaps?

Gary Cameron (born 14 June 1966) is a former Australian rules footballer who played with Geelong in the Victorian (VFL) and Australian Football Leagues.

Cameron, a Katamatite recruit, played eight games for Geelong in each of his first two seasons, 1987 and 1988.[1][2] He appeared in the final five rounds of the 1989 VFL season, but didn't take part in the Geelong's finals series.[2] After another five games in 1990, Cameron left to play for South Adelaide Football Club in the South Australian National Football League (SANFL).[2][3]

In 2007, Cameron briefly served as caretaker coach of South Adelaide, when coach Robert Pyman was sacked. Cameron was coach for four rounds.[4][5]

Sorry, thought I post your response in this thread.

You got a good memory Partridge, exciting game that was and you are spot on, Gazza lifted in the final term and helped us to get over the line.
Lindner, Hocking (Steven) were also terrific in the fourth and it was David Cameron's first game in which he kicked 3 goals.

What ever happened to Gary Cameron?
He looked like he had a better all round game than his brother (tough too) but seems to have been injured perhaps?

Was at that game as a youngster with a Pies-supporting mate. We'd resolved to grab the Sherrin and bolt if it came our way, but my mate actually got it in his hands at one point and pussied out, throwing it back to the ump (throwing it)
I remember the specky on Cloke's shoulders; we were right behind the goals there so very close.
Ablett took a mark after the siren (he'd already won us the game) and inexplicably played on (or at least tried to crib a couple of meters) - ump called play on/dead ball/game over.
I also remember some nut in the crowd was literally throwing away wads of money!

Maybe 2009 when we by 27pts.

lol I don't remember that one.

I remember that game. Collingwood were all over us for the first quarter and a half with their forward press. Once we found a way to penetrate it, we kicked 8 goals in about 15 minutes to close out the half, and were never headed after that.

Seen them all a million times who cares

The only 2 Geelong games( or part of) id love to see are

(1) 1967 Preliminary final 3rd qtr Geelong v Carlton ( who were favourites having played in the 2nd semi )
Half time Carlton lead by 4 goals - in the 3rd qtr Geelong kick a match winning 8 goals to 1 and turn the game on its head - and into the GF - John Sharrock kicks 4 of the 8 goals

(2) Footage from an early 1950s game between Essendon and Geelong featuring John Coleman - last year when they showed Coleman in a game against Footscray - they said some private theatre operator at the time had film of a Geelong game at Windy Hill featuring Coleman - and there was still a very slim chance they could find the film .

Getting to see those 2 games would be like finding a 1930 Penny

Sorry, thought I post your response in this thread.

You got a good memory Partridge, exciting game that was and you are spot on, Gazza lifted in the final term and helped us to get over the line.
Lindner, Hocking (Steven) were also terrific in the fourth and it was David Cameron's first game in which he kicked 3 goals.
I miss the old lace-up njuimpers

I remember that game. Collingwood were all over us for the first quarter and a half with their forward press. Once we found a way to penetrate it, we kicked 8 goals in about 15 minutes to close out the half, and were never headed after that.

Is actually the 2014 game. Wouldn't have picked it myself but a win nevertheless.

They keep saying the game today is faster then it's ever been, just watched the 94 Prelim against North and the pace was an absolute cracker, as quick as anything you'd see today, plus the standard was much higher them most of todays matches, no rolling mauls, no negative zoning, just high standard old fashioned footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back