Football / Coaching Department

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to pick up a dance coach too. :drunk:
Our past few efforts of the Footy Show Grand Final Review have been woeful. Ever since the Fisher debacle of 2011.
Who was in it/what did they do?

Simon Goosey looks like is on way down to LHC. Probably the best forward to never get crack at AFL. Brilliant footy mind, been coach of Frankston for while now. Very highly rated and personally think he'll be great addition.

> In 248 games for Mornington, he has slotted through a massive 1623 goals,
> In 15 games he played for Dromana, he kicked 107 goals,
> He has kicked more than 150 goals in a season – twice!
> And more amazingly, he has kicked over 100 goals a season for 11 years straight,
> The most goals he has kicked in a game is 20,
> And overall, Goosey has kicked more than 1730 senior goals.
Whilst kicking goals with regularity, Goosey was also coach at Mornington for 10 years, guiding them to 8 grand finals, winning 4 premierships.

Aussie Jones?

Has spent the last two years coaching Bendigo Gold in the VFL, who have now disbanded (they may have not won a match for the past two seasons :eek:)

I like seeing old players come back to the club personally, and always had a lot of time for Austinn, even if it only an academy appointment.

Aussie Jones?

Has spent the last two years coaching Bendigo Gold in the VFL, who have now disbanded (they may have not won a match for the past two seasons :eek:)

I like seeing old players come back to the club personally, and always had a lot of time for Austinn, even if it only an academy appointment.

Apparently worked very hard and created awesome rapport and development in Bendigo players. Was working 7 days, 15+ hours per day i think i heard. Everything from sponsorship, coaching, player welfare, the whole lot.

Someone with that work ethic would well be worth looking at in some capacity.

Richo didn't give that much, Watters got more airtime TBH.

Feel for Scotty a bit, that could have been any coach. Just walked into what he thought was an OK job but turned out to be a s**t one.

Ive said before that under different circumstances Watters would have been an above average coach and would have had a decent career.

The reality of the saints was an administration unwilling to give him say in everything and a list that was too old to top up in the short term and go again which would have suited his coaching ability just fine.

What happened was really the absolute best for StKilda now that Ive seen what Richo has done with the boys. Going right back to fundamentals and building a team of superfit hard contesting footballers right from the draft will create a really strong team given time. We will pull a port in 3 years or so once our 2012 draftees start hitting their straps and start marching up that ladder.

Learn anything about Richo?

no nothing anything that we didn't know. I came in after the 1st half hour, and one point during the show he talked about how you would develop the boys.

Lyon was lyon,

Did you see how many coaches and staff Hawthorn had out on the ground after the game. And we have to have Pelch in the box because we can't afford another mid field coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would pay whatever it took to get Brendan Bolton in to coach our forwardline.

The Hawks have changed the way football will be played with their forward spread and their ability to find multiple goal kickers every week.

I know it's a 0.01% chance but he would be worth every cent.

I would pay whatever it took to get Brendan Bolton in to coach our forwardline.

The Hawks have changed the way football will be played with their forward spread and their ability to find multiple goal kickers every week.

I know it's a 0.01% chance but he would be worth every cent.
Big chance he will be at Adelaide i reckon.

Adelaide's best chance of a coach is Basset, mainly because of the home-town-hero factor. NOBODY would want to move to Adelaide to coach the Crows. It is a nightmare job - massive fishbowl, with notoriously fairweather supporters who get real nasty with coaches that don't fulfil their delusional expectations.

Adelaide's best chance of a coach is Basset, mainly because of the home-town-hero factor. NOBODY would want to move to Adelaide to coach the Crows. It is a nightmare job - massive fishbowl, with notoriously fairweather supporters who get real nasty with coaches that don't fulfil their delusional expectations.
I feel for you, man.

this might be the wrong thread but is their any word on us ever getting a major sponsor again on a long term deal?
I hear we're waiting for Snow-Deli to return our calls.

Heard a rumour that Carlton have offered Pelchen a job. They must think he's doing alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back