Review Freo Go on the Road and win by 48 with Tabs Beating Up His Bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

I laid the crap on Schulz and he made a fool of me by proving me wrong.
Laid into Tabs, ditto he comes out and kicks his biggest bag. Makes a monkey out of me.
Any one else I can turn into a champ.:mad:
And you talked up Naughton and he can’t kick for s**t ( will probably improve though )
It’s called Reverse Dockerism I believe

According to the telstra tracker on the AFL app Lobb and Young set a record for most distance covered in a game with 22km each.
I saw that on Twitter. That has to be a mistake. I don’t believe it’s biologically possible to cover that amount of ground in an AFL game.
From what I recall Tom Scully of GWS held the record for the most ground covered in a single game, in fact I think he holds all of the top 5 games ever. Something like 18km in a game.
That’s got to be an error on the AFL app, there’s no way Lobb and young ran 22 km each yesterday

I saw that on Twitter. That has to be a mistake. I don’t believe it’s biologically possible to cover that amount of ground in an AFL game.
From what I recall Tom Scully of GWS held the record for the most ground covered in a single game, in fact I think he holds all of the top 5 games ever. Something like 18km in a game.
That’s got to be an error on the AFL app, there’s no way Lobb and young ran 22 km each yesterday
Yeah I was thinking the same thing tbh. Two players covering that much, and the fact that it's a nice round number too, just seems unlikely

Yeah I was thinking the same thing tbh. Two players covering that much, and the fact that it's a nice round number too, just seems unlikely
The AFL app being incorrect - now that’s far more believable unfortunately 😩

Is it brayshaw bullhorns
Who’s the best player out there? In that whole play not one Essendon player gets within 25 meters of the best player on the field….he just trotted along and the ball got dropped in his lap.
horrible stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still suspect a lot of that is inflated by us playing quite a few poor teams so far.

It stands to reason that poor teams will turn the ball over more which gives you more chances to score from it.

No doubt but something to consider is we may well be one of the fittest teams in it.
With players unable to get home over the off season our boys did a lot of extra work outside their programs. Training together to push each other when they didn’t have to.
Look at the way we’re running away from teams on the turnover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt but something to consider is we may well be one of the fittest teams in it.
With players unable to get home over the off season our boys did a lot of extra work outside their programs. Training together to push each other when they didn’t have to.

I think half the list took part in the Brayshaw 100x100 tradition

Caught a late reply though had the score spoiled so it wasn't quite as satisfying.

Definitely starting to believe we should have top 8 expectations, I can't quite bring myself to believe in the top 4 which is what we need to be a flag threat.

One thing I am definitely cherishing is seeing Mundy out there, every game he's contributing is a gift, what a hero.

Also loved the accuracy, hitting targets by foot, I've missed that!

I do think our current back 6/7 is up there with Melbourne's as the best in comp, not just in defensive ability but in the ability to generate offense as well.

4 of them were absolutely horrendous for a half of footy on Sunday but the only way Essendon ever looked like scoring until the queue was in the rack was when they committed egregious errors that I've not seen them do before this week. Our back 7 are absolutely incredible
Particularly when you consider the experience, Moose, Cox and Ryan all seasoned players now, but the other 4 would have played 50 games combined maybe?

now, watch this video and tell me what sticks out most to you.
there’s the obvious things like Walker‘s shimmy and Young’s kick, but there’s one thing that should get players dropped and Rutten frothing at the mouth

Coxy almost plucking a one hander was pretty good

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The only side to win all last quarters this season.

But really the system is the biggest plus I'm taking out of all this and the season so far.

The turnover stats (scores from & scores against) are what a lot of coaches really pay attention to as a barometer and ours are in elite territory at the moment. On the sample size so far, we haven't had that easy run of it. Adelaide are looking competitive, Saints are burning it up, GWS had two away games in a row and Essendon pushed Melbourne deep into the last and went ok against the Lions.

We'll see how it stands up over the next few weeks, but it's looking pretty solid.

The system also allows players to take the game on and minimises the consequences for errors when doing so. So we can cool our jets when we get too error-focused for this player of that. We can subsequently play more yoof too as there's more tolerance within the game style for them to find their way at the level.

It definitely is biologically possible. In the 1980s when coaches hardly used interchanges but the game was becoming more professional elite ruck rovers like Johnny Platten would routinely run half a marathon per game, week in week out. They just rarely went off the field and did a lot less burst running.

It definitely is biologically possible. In the 1980s when coaches hardly used interchanges but the game was becoming more professional elite ruck rovers like Johnny Platten would routinely run half a marathon per game, week in week out. They just rarely went off the field and did a lot less burst running.
Yeah I was wrong there - it’s biologically possible but in practice it would never happen in a game. For 80 min of actual playing time it’s the equivalent of running at a pace of 3 minutes and 37 seconds per km for the entire time the game is in play. No played would ever do that. Considering a ruck forward like Lobb would spend much of the time on at stoppages barely moving, it could never happen in reality.
I would say that Rory covers about 11-12 km in an average game. Tabs definitely covers more ground than him I reckon, could be pushing 14 or 15km a game.

The average pace during his time on ground of 28km per hour that was also quoted in the tweet above is even more unrealistic. That’s almost a flat out sprint for every second the ball is in play. Not realistic.

Yeah I was wrong there - it’s biologically possible but in practice it would never happen in a game. For 80 min of actual playing time it’s the equivalent of running at a pace of 3 minutes and 37 seconds per km for the entire time the game is in play. No played would ever do that. Considering a ruck forward like Lobb would spend much of the time on at stoppages barely moving, it could never happen in reality.
I would say that Rory covers about 11-12 km in an average game. Tabs definitely covers more ground than him I reckon, could be pushing 14 or 15km a game.

The average pace during his time on ground of 28km per hour that was also quoted in the tweet above is even more unrealistic. That’s almost a flat out sprint for every second the ball is in play. Not realistic.
Yes I am not disagreeing that the figures from Sunday are way wrong, just that very select players back in the day like Bradley and Platten ran more per game than current players, by want of not coming off the field and the game being played at a less frantic pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back