Review Freo Go on the Road and win by 48 with Tabs Beating Up His Bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone that missed it. (Can we sticky this to the top of every page?) 😀👍

View attachment 1376415
What's great about that (other than everything) is our percentage.

I'm a big believer in the theory that your % is an important signifier of quality.

Yes we've had a pretty easy draw so far, but we're not just scraping wins in, we're doing it fairly emphatically.

We are getting a good run because we are cleaner and better structured with a coach who doesn’t coach “effort”. It’s not luck it’s because we aren’t infringing as much.
We still had a lot of luck yesterday.

It felt like most 50/50s went our way, particularly in marking contest and in-the-back tackles.

Darcy looked better. Serong will get better. Sonny is breaking my heart. Freddy awesome. Clark needs to be dropped. Tabs perfect. Cox imperious. Young and Walker worked into it. Second game away, second win away.

If you think Clark needs to be dropped after a couple of admittedly bad errors, then Walker, Young and Chappy need to go as well. After all the sh*%t Tabs got last week, I’m tipping Clark for 25+ and two goals against the Blues

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tabs just loves pounding the Bombres in their dickholes.

fylpcMg.gif
I will never tire of this gif
Didn't he call us the most disappointing team if thr season after Rd 2? Granted we played like poo against the Saints but it was a big early call.

Then alluded to the fact it was the first game of ours he'd actually watched this year.
that was leigh matthews, doesn’t surprise that Lloyd hasn’t watched us all season sadly

If Banfield kicked his 2 sets shots he’d of had 4.
But he didnt kick them because he’s not a reliable set shot kicker and never has been.
Walters is not much different from set shots at the moment unfortunately, however his missed shots were at least from distance.
I still back Walters over Banfield with a set shot within 30m of goal, as bad as Sonny is kicking now, but I wouldnt have much faith in either of them to be honest.
Walters is still a much better player than Banfield in general play and far more dangerous with the ball in his hands inside forward 50, even in his significantly reduced 2022 form.
Schultz would have kicked at least 4 goals if he played yesterday (I’d say he was sitting on the couch back in Perth furious that he missed out on the fill your boots opportunity yesterday against the leagues worst defence) and that’s the difference between him and Banfield.

If you think Clark needs to be dropped after a couple of admittedly bad errors, then Walker, Young and Chappy need to go as well. After all the sh*%t Tabs got last week, I’m tipping Clark for 25+ and two goals against the Blues

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think every player is allowed a few mistakes a game as long as they improve. Young and Chappy got better as the game went on. Clark did not. Yeah his pressure and tackling was good but he’s on notice. I’d be pleased for him to have a good game next week.

I think every player is allowed a few mistakes a game as long as they improve. Young and Chappy got better as the game went on. Clark did not. Yeah his pressure and tackling was good but he’s on notice. I’d be pleased for him to have a good game next week.
Clark was fine actually. Rewatch it. And remember how many games these guys have played. How often would he have traveled to play as well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is false, Clark was much better as it went on. He worked his arse off defensively and was better than Chappy over the full game.

We have a 100% winning record on the road. Regardless of the perceived low standard of our opponents those point are gold if we are finals bound.

We were a bit scrappy in the first half at times but reset well after half time so well done to the coaching staff and players.

After the win v GWS I felt for the first time in years we were on the right road with the young players we have drafted and are doing the right thing playing them in the senior team on the proviso they are up to that standard.

There will be setbacks at times but we have a bright future ahead at last.

But he didnt kick them because he’s not a reliable set shot kicker and never has been.
Walters is not much different from set shots at the moment unfortunately, however his missed shots were at least from distance.
I still back Walters over Banfield with a set shot within 30m of goal, as bad as Sonny is kicking now, but I wouldnt have much faith in either of them to be honest.
Walters is still a much better player than Banfield in general play and far more dangerous with the ball in his hands inside forward 50, even in his significantly reduced 2022 form.
Schultz would have kicked at least 4 goals if he played yesterday (I’d say he was sitting on the couch back in Perth furious that he missed out on the fill your boots opportunity yesterday against the leagues worst defence) and that’s the difference between him and Banfield.
I’m not advocating for Banfield over Walters. Far from it. I’m just saying if you’re going to say ‘if Walters kicked straight…’ then the same could be applied to Banfield and all of a sudden 4 goals is a superb return.

If Walters name wasn’t Walters he’d have already been dropped. Banfield just genuinely isn’t great and in hindsight I’d rather have played Sturt or even Henry yesterday.

That all said, Banfield has warranted his inclusion, I just don’t see any longer term benefit to him.

After the win v GWS I felt for the first time in years we were on the right road with the young players we have drafted and are doing the right thing playing them in the senior team on the proviso they are up to that standard.

There will be setbacks at times but we have a bright future ahead at last.

Same. Plus JL’s style of football is a
template I can get behind. Just got to be prepared for some inconsistencies since our team is so young.

I reckon the early draw has been exactly what we needed to build some chemistry/synergy in the team. A fair percentage of these guys have barely played together & some barely finding their feet at the level.

Much sterner tests ahead but we’re building cohesion as the level of opposition is increasing. Much better than being smacked around too much too early.

Saints game gave us the reality check we needed & team balance better since.

Perfect that we have ready made AFL level players waiting outside the 22 (Wilson, Logue, Tucker, Hughes, Meek etc) putting pressure on as well as quality youngsters developing like Amiss, Sturt, Treacy & Erasmus.

Best situation we’ve been in for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought Clark’s third quarter was good. He started getting on his bike and running the lines

• This feels like the game Tabs has been building to for the past couple of years - hopefully it's another paradigm shift for him re just how easily he can dominate.

Tbf I don't think that is the best Tabs has played. He's played far better games than this one. The difference here is 7 straight vs 3.4 or 4.3

Tbf I don't think that is the best Tabs has played. He's played far better games than this one. The difference here is 7 straight vs 3.4 or 4.3
Very much agreed, he really has dominated some games previously with his contested marking, including up the ground.
Obviously 7 straight is a great game, but he weirdly did it without being as dominant as he has in other games.

I don't think he actually took many contested marks this game, but his ability to kick goals in all sorts of ways is a massive improvement.
In the last couple of seasons Tabs has actually been a very decent snap of the footy which boggles my mind - some great moments like the second derby last year.
His accuracy has also improved significantly, to the point I actually expect him to kick most good chances.

I reckon the early draw has been exactly what we needed to build some chemistry/synergy in the team. A fair percentage of these guys have barely played together & some barely finding their feet at the level.

Much sterner tests ahead but we’re building cohesion as the level of opposition is increasing. Much better than being smacked around too much too early.

Saints game gave us the reality check we needed & team balance better since.

Perfect that we have ready made AFL level players waiting outside the 22 (Wilson, Logue, Tucker, Hughes, Meek etc) putting pressure on as well as quality youngsters developing like Amiss, Sturt, Treacy & Erasmus.

Best situation we’ve been in for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logue, Hamling, Wilson, Treacy, Tucker, Hughes, Blakely, Crowden, Henry and Meek - all players who featured last year and many of whom were considered best 22 last year.

That's some handy depth. And as you mentioned Amiss, Sturt, Erasmus, Johnson, Worker and Western all developing.

And that's without Fyfe in the team! Good signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back