Review Freo Go on the Road and win by 48 with Tabs Beating Up His Bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to defend JLo here. When the camera is not in his face he speaks really well. It is just the camera that turns him into a bumbling mess for some reason.
You can understand the tentative approach to believing that as it was 12 years ago we were saying the same thing on here about Harvey, and then it was 7 years ago when Pav's book came out that we realised that actually no, Harvey was just an incoherent mess be it in person or on T.V., he just had one spectacular assistant who was able to convey his message and not deviate from it.

Fortunately, Longmuir seems to actually have that as it was the exact moment he stumbled on T.V. yesterday that we got our s**t together on the field.

Not until we play someone good. The Bombers were insipid.

I have never seen so many dropped marks, errant handballs, turnovers and hospital passes. That was a poor game of footy from both teams, and a most unsatisfying win IMO.

But like you say, that stuff can be corrected. There were glimpses.
Postgame Slayshaw mentioned the greasy conditions, making it hard to use the footy well, but, * me, that was a clangerfest.

They were significantly shitter than we were though and our third quarter was just relentless determination. Even Clark dropping everything, Pearce appearing to be playing on soap and some extraordinarily sloppy footy couldn’t stop us from dominating those redandblack biatches.

I’ll take it though. Be churlish not to.

I have figured out how I am going to die though. Watching on eternal repeat a gif of Walker teasing those freaks, popping it over to Young, who spots up Slayshaw with a kick more audacious than Janet Jackson’s Super Bowl tit. If anyone make that, I am ****ed.

We have had great value from Freddie the last 2 weeks. 2 goals and 3 goal assists yesterday. We are using him really well and if he can maintain this level he is a forward that oppo coaches have to put time into.

I feel like we are seeing the benefits of Jaymie Graham as forward coach. Tabs leading better, more tackles inside 50 etc etc.

The Bombers losing their other ruck in the first seconds really helped Draper get knackered.
Yeah. My big concern b4 the game was the 4 v 3 200cm+ players. Went out the door in the first 2 minutes and they never had the chance to play an extra tall up forward to stretch the backline.

The person doing the ratings must have watched a different game to me. Brennan pretty much best on at half time. After half time we didn’t need him.

Serong and Young shaky games, struggling to score a 6 for mine.
And to rub it in they printed them twice on the same page. A sub-editor is going to get sacked for that, what a waste if potential advertising space

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a bit concerned about Serong in the guts at half time as he was getting pumped again

Seemed to take a more defensive position after half time and it worked a lot better for him

B Cox is our best player

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Well played yesterday guys. Work rate the biggest difference between the sides and how selfish some of our players are.
Yes that was a noticeable difference.

How happy are you with the development of some of your young guys? I was a bit surprised Cox and Perkins weren't as impressive as I expected, and from that game I would have that as a major point of difference.

Yes that was a noticeable difference.

How happy are you with the development of some of your young guys? I was a bit surprised Cox and Perkins weren't as impressive as I expected, and from that game I would have that as a major point of difference.
Development as a whole at our club has been s**t for 20 years. I want to expect more from Cox, Perkins, Reid (the other top 10 draft pick who has 1 game), Durham, Martin but am quickly learning not to expect anything because it leads to disappointment.

A really good critique of the game by Matthew Lloyd today on the AFL site.

Didn't he call us the most disappointing team if thr season after Rd 2? Granted we played like poo against the Saints but it was a big early call.

Then alluded to the fact it was the first game of ours he'd actually watched this year.

Development as a whole at our club has been s**t for 20 years. I want to expect more from Cox, Perkins, Reid (the other top 10 draft pick who has 1 game), Durham, Martin but am quickly learning not to expect anything because it leads to disappointment.
A little bit anecdotal (and he was significantly below what we expect from him in that game), but some of us dreamt that Cox would somehow get to our pick, which ended up being Chapman. Now unlikely anyone would trade him.

Didn't he call us the most disappointing team if thr season after Rd 2? Granted we played like poo against the Saints but it was a big early call.

Then alluded to the fact it was the first game of ours he'd actually watched this year.
He's a tool who spends more time on his hair, than he does watching our games!

Just quietly, how good is Serong when he can come back, and look rusty as hell for at least the first half, and still rack up a lazy 30 touches.
That kids extraction from the pack is fantastic.
Would love him to be our Shane Edwards for the next 10 years.

Some of our players need to remember that him and Colyer are short asses and not kick it over their heads though.

That kids extraction from the pack is fantastic.
Would love him to be our Shane Edwards for the next 10 years.

Some of our players need to remember that him and Colyer are short asses and not kick it over their heads though.
this. i want to do anything to keep him in WA/at Freo.

short-arse or not, as the body fills out, he'll turn into our Libba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back