Review Freo Go on the Road and win by 48 with Tabs Beating Up His Bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win. Need to back it up next week for “real deal” status.

I thought Sonny might be close to being “rested” although I still think he put in an ok game. Lobb could also be in danger of being dropped to make way for Treacy or Meek. Think Lobbs half-hearted attitude is mirrored perfectly in his games.

Good win. Need to back it up next week for “real deal” status.

I thought Sonny might be close to being “rested” although I still think he put in an ok game. Lobb could also be in danger of being dropped to make way for Treacy or Meek. Think Lobbs half-hearted attitude is mirrored perfectly in his games.

You must have watched a different game to me.

If Lobb gets dropped for Meek or Treacy next week my mind would be blown, it won't happen though.

I still suspect a lot of that is inflated by us playing quite a few poor teams so far.

It stands to reason that poor teams will turn the ball over more which gives you more chances to score from it.
Yah, my main takes away from the first 5 rounds are
  • We are very close to unstoppable when allowed to play our way.
  • We are still a long way off (a year or two) from being able to deal with pressure enough to challenge
  • Our skills have improved dramatically, so much so that we all seem to take for granted how are they now since a few years ago, that first half against Essendon felt like the norm
  • We have enough talent on the list to compete, no doubt in my mind, I dont think more and more draft picks will make much of a difference at this stage.
  • The gameplan is a good one to watch, and to compete with. How well we implement the gameplan is vastly overstated by the quality of the teams we've faced
  • Melbourne is the only team in the comp that feels like we could only compete with if they had an off day, no matter how well we play.
  • You can not overstate how ****ed we have been from injuries the past 10 years, Merriman has been fantastic

I still suspect a lot of that is inflated by us playing quite a few poor teams so far.

It stands to reason that poor teams will turn the ball over more which gives you more chances to score from it.
True but who have Melbourne played? Not one of their opponents from the first five rounds is in the eight.
I'm not saying we're Melbourne or even close but they're not playing the best 2022 teams yet either

That's a fair point, but on system effectiveness we actually turned the ball over more last game 71-63, bang on our average for the year so far. We just aren't allowed scores from them as much.

I do think our current back 6/7 is up there with Melbourne's as the best in comp, not just in defensive ability but in the ability to generate offense as well.

4 of them were absolutely horrendous for a half of footy on Sunday but the only way Essendon ever looked like scoring until the queue was in the rack was when they committed egregious errors that I've not seen them do before this week. Our back 7 are absolutely incredible

• We are still a long way off (a year or two) from being able to deal with pressure enough to challenge
  • Our skills have improved dramatically, so much so that we all seem to take for granted how are they now since a few years ago, that first half against Essendon felt like the norm
  • We have enough talent on the list to compete, no doubt in my mind, I dont think more and more draft picks will make much of a difference at this stage.
  • The gameplan is a good one to watch, and to compete with. How well we implement the gameplan is vastly overstated by the quality of the teams we've faced
  • Melbourne is the only team in the comp that feels like we could only compete with if they had an off day, no matter how well we play.
  • You can not overstate how f’ed we have been from injuries the past 10 years, Merriman has been fantastic
I wonder if the Zen like presence of Bob Murphy is having an influence behind the scenes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• You can not overstate how f’ed we have been from injuries the past 10 years, Merriman has been fantastic
Agree with all this except the fourth point down. We probably need an elite small forward to complete the list, and presumable a ruck-forward Lobb replacement soon. Still some work to do but assuming Johnson is going to be as good as we think he is to boost the midfield, the main components are looking good.

Agree with all this except the fourth point down. We probably need an elite small forward to complete the list, and presumable a ruck-forward Lobb replacement soon. Still some work to do but assuming Johnson is going to be as good as we think he is to boost the midfield, the main components are looking good.
More so that I think we can top up the list with lower picks or target specific needs with trades, basically, im good with spending on draft capital on trades for a couple of years.

Sorry Sonny was far better than Banfield. If Walters can get his goal kicking confidence back he would have kicked 3 or 4

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, after cooking off i can agree. Banfield just seem so slow. I'm frustrated by Sonny, but he has been much better, with far less staging

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching it back in pieces, **** me we were robbed of a brilliant team goal with play starting from 9:00 to go in Q2.

Made it to the 50 and Freddie was away but they called a BS free on Banfield when he was the one being held, pack of c*nts
When that happened I was already yelling at the tv for not allowing the advantage, because it looked like an obvious hold on Banfield to me.

You can imagine my reaction when they then handed the ball to Essendon instead...

Clark was fine actually. Rewatch it. And remember how many games these guys have played. How often would he have traveled to play as well?
He was noticeably better than some other games. I'm happy enough with that. I think it's unrealistic to expect him to become exactly what we want from the get go. Also difficult to tell from the screen but there have been reports he's been attracting opposition attention, which is a good thing.

I don't think we have been well coached against. We have been allowed to play through the middle for now but tactically that will have been noticed and strategised to restrict.

Players who may previously been unnoticed will be getting a fuller dosier about how to play against them. For now the only obvious mitigation strategy coaches have used is tagging Brayshaw.

I laid the crap on Schulz and he made a fool of me by proving me wrong.
Laid into Tabs, ditto he comes out and kicks his biggest bag. Makes a monkey out of me.
Any one else I can turn into a champ.:mad:
Banfield?

Clark has been great, my biggest concern with him was his attitude, but it turns out it was Scarlett who was the dickhead & Clark has come in & worked his butt off. Takes the game on & compliments our tall backs beautifully.
The back 6/7 are becoming a team within the team & talk constantly about each other in those terms, I’d suggest at half time they backed each other in despite some shaky moments on the weekend & hardly made a mistake in the 2nd half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back