State of Origin Game 2: New South Wales v Queensland

Remove this Banner Ad

is that the best you can come up with

I thought it was funny.:(

Anyway, got to love Queenslanders sour grapes. The shoe has been on the other foot for the last eight years and now it's on the other foot Queenslanders are showing that they are sore losers. The amount of tears here at work this morning are enough to fill a swimming pool.

It certainly was'nt the greatest Origin game.Poor refereeing of the 10 metres resulted in some stilted attack, meaning players like Hayne and Jennings were hardly sighted.
The man of the match, for me, was the girl in yellow dress who made accusations against Mitchell Pearce, allowing Trent Hodkinson to take his place.
The try he scored was so symbolic.Queensland's media labelling him a "dud" before game 1.And it was Daly Cherry-Evans,who had a worse game than game 1, who fell for the dummy to allow him the space to score.
Matt Gilett was the best player on the field.NSW controlled Matt Scott again, but Gillett was almost unstoppable.
Josh Dugan and Ryan Hoffman, two players I did'nt want in the team, did great work.Hoffman probably our best.
Now, on to game 3.

It certainly was'nt the greatest Origin game.Poor refereeing of the 10 metres resulted in some stilted attack, meaning players like Hayne and Jennings were hardly sighted.
The man of the match, for me, was the girl in yellow dress who made accusations against Mitchell Pearce, allowing Trent Hodkinson to take his place.
The try he scored was so symbolic.Queensland's media labelling him a "dud" before game 1.And it was Daly Cherry-Evans,who had a worse game than game 1, who fell for the dummy to allow him the space to score.
Matt Gilett was the best player on the field.NSW controlled Matt Scott again, but Gillett was almost unstoppable.
Josh Dugan and Ryan Hoffman, two players I did'nt want in the team, did great work.Hoffman probably our best.
Now, on to game 3.
matt scot went off at the 20 minute mark with a broken cheekbone

I thought it was funny.:(

Anyway, got to love Queenslanders sour grapes. The shoe has been on the other foot for the last eight years and now it's on the other foot Queenslanders are showing that they are sore losers. The amount of tears here at work this morning are enough to fill a swimming pool.

i'm not sour. we weren't good enough .

it's always a good laugh when the lot from the south call qlders sooks and whingers when they or have sour grapes.

gallen your captain lead the sooking and whinging for most of the last 8 years. either about refs, hotels, grounds being booked.. don't get on your high horse about qld being sooks and having sour grapes. have a look at your own before pointing the finger
I'll see your Paul Gallen and raise you a Cameron Smith.

Thought the first half was brutal. Loved it. Grub on grub.:thumbsu:

10 minutes into the 2nd half all the players looked stuffed and the errors started. Thought it was just another classic origin that went down to the last minute. The players reactions at the end from both sides says it all. What a game, what a sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, how about those ratings. Absolutely massive.

Link.

The huge television audience included:
• A total metropolitan audience of 2.70 million viewers;
• A 20 per cent increase in the Sydney audience (1.20 million) compared with the same game last year;
• The second highest regional State of Origin audience ever (1.49 million average);
• The biggest Origin audience on record in Perth (121,000) and an average of 420,000 viewers in Melbourne

More than 8 million unique people tuned into official NRL, Qld and NSW Facebook page content for Origin II in a single day. Origin II set new NRL Facebook and Twitter records.

I expect game 3 to be down on those numbers given the series is decided, but sensational all the same.

From the game one thread

Heart says Hodkinson kicks a sideline conversion to put it into extra time then nails a 40 metre field goal. Head says we'll get done by around 12 points but coming out with more long term positives than we've had in a while.

not exactly how it went down but close enough :thumbsu:

It's been so long since Queensland won a State of Origin series, the last time it happened it was broadcast on Analog TV.

NSW holding the shield after game 2 would make the dead rubber's ratings even lower.

Would make zero difference to the crowd or the TV numbers - do you think people wouldn't know who won the series because they didn't present the trophy? They certainly used to present after the series had been wrapped up, not sure why they didn't the other night.

Trophy not being lifted was a bit s**t.

Would it really make much of a difference to ratings? 5%? If that.

It's a bit anti climatic to raise the trophy after a loss

Trophy not being lifted was a bit s**t.

Would it really make much of a difference to ratings? 5%? If that.

It's a bit anti climatic to raise the trophy after a loss
Leaving my sarcasm aside for a minute:
I thought the shield should've been presented last week.If Queensland win the next match, it is pretty hollow being presented the shield after a loss.
OTOH, it could be argued that if N.S.W were presented the shield last week, then they just might not be able to 100% "clock on" mentally for Game 3.
Anyways, what's done is done.

I think it could also done to give the game meaning, because if you're going to present it after game 2, why play game 3 at all?

I understand now that even now game three doesn't really have a great deal of meaning, but at least it's something

Remove this Banner Ad

Back