Preview Geelong Cats Vs Adelaide Crows KP Sat Sept 5 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point though, they wouldn't exactly be bouncing off the walls with happiness having their season just ended
I personally subscribe to Maclure's views on post match attitudes. Why are you desolate or solemn after a loss? if you gave it your all and lose, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

It won't change anything as players react that way after any loss but his POV makes sense to me.

I'm not.
This year has been a big fat disappointment right across the board. The sooner it's over with, the better.
This will be the last time you get to see some special players to have worn the hoops.

Shame you want it to be over already.

Not surprising I guess. Gee Duncan is going to be a massive addition if he plays a full year next year. Eleven games this season hurt us badly given how thin our midfield is.
7-4 with him playing. He cruelled our season, unfortunately.

I personally subscribe to Maclure's views on post match attitudes. Why are you desolate or solemn after a loss? if you gave it your all and lose, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

It won't change anything as players react that way after any loss but his POV makes sense to me.
His point of view makes no sense to me

I'm very competitive, it's different when you know you are up against it... but when you think you should win and you don't it is natural to dirty right up.

Regardless of if you have given your best... pride and ego kick in.. and amplify that when that result also ends your year sooner than you thought it should.

Different types of players.

GHS is up against the likes of Selwood, Caddy, Kelly etc. With the likes of Kelly moving on there might be a spot for him on a more regular basis ... but then again if we do get PD and SS then that door might slam shut pretty quickly too.

Might be better off asking the club about their future plans for himself or a move back to either SA club, I think he'd go ok at the Crows.
Personally I believe we lack specific "Inside Mids," guys that are great in traffic.

Last edited:
I can't believe it, 3 days to go and our seasons over,we never seemed to get going,last game of the opening round to start the year off followed by Freo off a short break,short breaks between games dominated our season up until the bye and in my opinion were a factor in us struggling all year.

Tonight will be the most interesting team selection since round 1 and if you can pick the side you will deserve the sausage tray.I have the feeling they will do something odd like selecting Kersten and dropping Walker which would be fine if there were a number of games remaining but this being the last what message would that send to the players first and foremost a to other clubs who may or may not be eyeing them off,It would drop Walkers value and if Kersten failed his value would also be diminished,give they have value at all and some here would argue the don't.
Love us to finish the season with a bang,Cats by 5 goals.

like YPO I am really looking forward to seeing the team. I don't really see Kersten coming in, but someone to make way for Stoker. No Caddy or Duncan, so minimal change.

I'd make a lot of changes this week. Result meaningless.

In: Stokes, GHS, Cowan, Smedts, Kersten
Out: Lang, Gregson, Murdoch, Bews, Walker
Sticking with my meat tray entry from Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to be an odd game of Footy... blokes saying goodbye, blokes potentially smashing in harder than ever to show they can... and then from the other side a team that won't want to get hurt and potentially will rest a heap (if North do as expected confirming the Crows to travel next week)

This will be the last time you get to see some special players to have worn the hoops.

Shame you want it to be over already.

that's very touching.
As far as I'm concerned, blokes like Rivers, McIntosh, Kelly, Stokes and Clark have severely set us back as a football club for a few years now. We may even lose a couple of players from it as they look for options elsewhere (Kolo, Jansen, Walker). Kolodjashnij could have been upto 25 games match experience by now. Horlin-Smith could be a 60 games player, we could have been embarking on a 2016 season with a much different outlook. Now as it stands, we have to chop a good portion of those guys and also face the prospect of losing some youth in the process.

Those oldies had their time a couple a years and they blew it. How many times does it have to be said and watching Kelly and Bartel roam around in the back half of the ground throughout 2014 has been a good damn bloody joke of the highest order!

I can't believe it, 3 days to go and our seasons over,we never seemed to get going,last game of the opening round to start the year off followed by Freo off a short break,short breaks between games dominated our season up until the bye and in my opinion were a factor in us struggling all year.

Tonight will be the most interesting team selection since round 1 and if you can pick the side you will deserve the sausage tray.I have the feeling they will do something odd like selecting Kersten and dropping Walker which would be fine if there were a number of games remaining but this being the last what message would that send to the players first and foremost a to other clubs who may or may not be eyeing them off,It would drop Walkers value and if Kersten failed his value would also be diminished,give they have value at all and some here would argue the don't.
Love us to finish the season with a bang,Cats by 5 goals.
Cats need to demolish Adelaide so that they don't get a home final and get don't advance any further and so therefore Dangerfield doesn't taste premiership glory and doesn't have second thoughts.

I am very interested in the possible selection of Josh Cowan for Saturday’s game. While the focus is rightly on some of the club champions who are finishing up, I think the selection or not of Cowan will be key to his future.

If he is NOT selected I would think that the decision to extend him for another year has already been made. Josh has played 5 or 6 weeks in the VFL since his most recent injury and if the club was going to delist him, I would guess they would give him a last shot to make his case for an extension or a rookie spot.

I know many people on Big Footy expect Josh to be delisted but I hope he gets another year. I see this as no greater risk than picking up a delisted free agent from another club. We know he can play if he can get over his strings problems.

I believe the decision on Josh is quite separate from the process of managing the vet retirements. The club must stagger these over 2015 and 2016. If we keep to many we don’t provide enough opportunities for our younger guys who are the future. If we retire too many those same younger guys don’t get the opportunity to see the way out champions go about preparing and playing.

that's very touching.
As far as I'm concerned, blokes like Rivers, McIntosh, Kelly, Stokes and Clark have severely set us back as a football club for a few years now. We may even lose a couple of players from it as they look for options elsewhere (Kolo, Jansen, Walker). Kolodjashnij could have been upto 25 games match experience by now. Horlin-Smith could be a 60 games player, we could have been embarking on a 2016 season with a much different outlook. Now as it stands, we have to chop a good portion of those guys and also face the prospect of losing some youth in the process.

Those oldies had their time a couple a years and they blew it. How many times does it have to be said and watching Kelly and Bartel roam around in the back half of the ground throughout 2014 has been a good damn bloody joke of the highest order!

I think that you are being critical of Kelly and Bartel. If so then why on earth were they played in those positions. This coaching squad never seems to place play players to their strengths, more of we'll just throw these older highly skilled and committed ones wherever we have a gap and keep our fingers crossed. Poor selection, poor team management, poor game plan, poor coaching and well the older players look like they are cooked.

that's very touching.

I find that quite a poor reply, if I am honest. This has nothing to do with Rivers, McIntosh etc.

It's about Kelly and Stokes playing one last time. I'll enjoy watching them and give them a cheering send-off regardless.

I am very interested in the possible selection of Josh Cowan for Saturday’s game. While the focus is rightly on some of the club champions who are finishing up, I think the selection or not of Cowan will be key to his future.

If he is NOT selected I would think that the decision to extend him for another year has already been made. Josh has played 5 or 6 weeks in the VFL since his most recent injury and if the club was going to delist him, I would guess they would give him a last shot to make his case for an extension or a rookie spot.

I know many people on Big Footy expect Josh to be delisted but I hope he gets another year. I see this as no greater risk than picking up a delisted free agent from another club. We know he can play if he can get over his strings problems.

I believe the decision on Josh is quite separate from the process of managing the vet retirements. The club must stagger these over 2015 and 2016. If we keep to many we don’t provide enough opportunities for our younger guys who are the future. If we retire too many those same younger guys don’t get the opportunity to see the way out champions go about preparing and playing.

Yeah,why not,sign him up for 3 years while we're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back