General AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?id=83

I know I've posted this link before, but check out the site above, especially the Sydney Swans reserves games, & have a look at the numbers that 16-17 yr old underager Callum Mills racked up compared to Swans academy recruits from this year (Heeney, Hiscox & Davis).... Mills is a freak

http://www.neafl.com.au/index.php?id=83

I know I've posted this link before, but check out the site above, especially the Sydney Swans reserves games, & have a look at the numbers that 16-17 yr old underager Callum Mills racked up compared to Swans academy recruits from this year (Heeney, Hiscox & Davis).... Mills is a freak

Yep Mills is easily a better player than Heeney.

Is he in the Academy program? So they will get a pick 1 equivalent?
Mills? He's in Sydney's academy and from what I've seen he would be the number one pick. He is said to be better than Heeney

FWIW;

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/01/06/fifteen-bold-predictions-for-the-afl-in-2015/

Fifteen bold predictions for the AFL in 2015

1. A team from outside the top four makes the grand final

2. One of last year’s preliminary finalists misses the eight

3. AFL home-and-away attendances will fall below 6.4 million for 2015

4. Mick Malthouse signs a multi-year extension with Carlton

5. The Coleman Medal winner has no link to Hawthorn or Richmond

6. Every team wins six games, every team loses six games*

7. Western Bulldogs claim the wooden spoon

8. Greater Western Sydney finishes ahead of Gold Coast

9. The Rising Star winner has already played an AFL game (Blake Acres?)

10. The 2015-16 free agency period will be underwhelming without a marquee player move

11. No key position player is picked in the top five of the 2015 national draft

12. Harley Bennell plays less than seven games

13. Scoring increases to more than 92 points per team per game

14. Robbie Gray finishes top three at the Brownlow

15. Hawthorn three-peat

*Interesting they say each team will get at least 6 wins, I can see the improvement in us, just based on an injury free run with our older players - here's hoping!

Have heard from someone on the D&T board I think that the Suns are being absolutely pounded on the track this year, with Eade pretty shocked at how far off AFL standard their fitness levels were, so much so that they apparently aren't individually allowed to start ball work until their fitness levels are up to the mark Eade and co require.

Around the mid way point of the season last year they were around 4th on the ladder, apparently while being way off the fitness levels required at AFL level, so it could be a bit of an eye-opener as to how good they can be once their fitness is up to scratch and with much of their young group being that year older and more ready to really make their mark. Imagine their speed and skill combined with fitness! :eek:

with Eade pretty shocked at how far off AFL standard their fitness levels were

I feel like this is something that we hear fairly regularly and I'm always surprised that it's possible. Wouldn't the clubs know roughly what the other clubs are doing in terms of fitness? How do they let it get to that point? Do the clubs focus too much on skills and just let the fitness slowly drop or are their fitness programs just slightly below the other clubs so that over time it builds up?

GC will be super scary anyway, but if their fitness was lacking and they continue to develop as well...:eek:

As far as Gold Coast goes, they of course did much smaller/less intense preseasons in their first couple of years at least, because of how young their list was. I dare say GWS were the same, so that would put them both behind he 8-ball compared to the clubs that had much older lists and have been doing full preseasons year after year to build that fitness base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New coach.....Tomcat theory!

Doubt it was that bad or Bluey would have been gone earlier.
Cheap whack at the old coach is easy thing to do but doesn't last for long.

apparently aren't individually allowed to start ball work until their fitness levels are up to the mark Eade and co require.
! :eek:
Some of us here will remember Malcolm Blight doing exactly the same with us.
we didnt touch the footys untill late in the pre season.
What happend?? Our ball skills were s**t:p

Some of us here will remember Malcolm Blight doing exactly the same with us.
we didnt touch the footys untill late in the pre season.
What happend?? Our ball skills were s**t:p
Sure do remember that.
Let's hope we play them early!

Young and dumb!

I'm guessing he asked for concession since he's at Melbourne.

He should be too old to get concession anyway! Thats fraud. Lucky we didn't draft him eh.

Last edited:
I think that's a ridiculous price for a haircut!

so he got the haircut for $1? or he got a discount by $1 and he paid $54?

point more was we had an AFL player on what is it minimum base of 75k + match day + bonuses, potentially skimping on a hair cut. i mean does he even qualify as concession given he is employed full time?

hair cut price was silly but hair dressers can easily get that way (ask any lady)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back